Going offshore to escape the CFTC

I didnā€™t have to hear it, I experience it, FXCM, Forex com, Oanda, FXDD, Tradersway

Youā€™re talking 15+ years in this game, Iā€™ve seen pretty much everything

There was a time when MB Trading, Hotspot, FxSolutions, CMC Markets, ODL securities, Interbankfx, FXDD, and many more existed, any one remember these brokers?

4 Likes

Lol Iā€™m a new trader, but I could not imagine having to settle for 50:1 leverage with US brokersā€¦ that just seems so evil to me like the government doesnā€™t want you to make money.

I can only see a future for me in trading if I am able to take advantage of off shore brokers so I pray they stay available for at least a few more years!!! My fear is that this government will do all it can to enforce their regulationsā€¦ I really wish traders could band together to petition for 500 leverageā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m hoping for a strong 5 more years and Iā€™m done with trading, off into the sunset

2 Likes

ā€¢ ForexChief (now called xChief) ā€” has been removed from our List.

ā€¢ PlexyTrade ā€” if you are a U.S. person, and have opened a new live account with PlexyTrade after May 4, please let us know. When it is confirmed that they are onboarding new U.S. clients, I will add PlexyTrade to our List.

1 Like

Opened an account and they were all too willing. Plexytrade is LQDfx rebranded, they canā€™t lie. They did this to escape the mt4 fiasco. Same process, even the deposit confirmo and crypto.

Thereā€™s a reason why an unregulated off-shore requires a KYC.

Not going to be funding the account. Done with forex going to futures.

Itā€™s a matter of time till the MT4 issue catches up with them and theyā€™ll be using ACT. Not sure if Dxtrade will touch them.

4 Likes

Definitely wise!! :wink:

Even wiser.

1 Like

I would love to hear if there is something like Signal Start available for copy trading of successful futures traders. So far, no one has posted about it, so it may not exist.

Sorry, no idea - not something Iā€™d ever try, myself, mostly because of the ā€œselection-bias problemā€.

These sites are fraught with dangers, arenā€™t they?

(Collective2 might have futures traders you can follow, but thatā€™s only a complete guess, sorry).

Things continue to get worse for prop firms

Exclusive: Match-Trader Terminates Prop Firm SurgeTraderā€™s License

• The Florida-based company states that the move was ā€œunwarranted and harmful.ā€
  • However, Match-Trader claims that the prop firm ā€œfailed to meet the formal requirements.ā€

Since the chaos in the industry related to the suspension of licenses by MetaQuotes, the creator of MetaTrader 4 and 5, many companies have been migrating to the rival platform Match-Trader to maintain their operations and keep their clients.

Now, weā€™re seeing the first case of a license revocation on the platform that was supposed to be a safe haven for prop firms.

Exclusive: Match-Trader Terminates Prop Firm SurgeTraderā€™s License

1 Like

Look like Americans are being left out in the cold, are there any retail forex prop firms for U.S. Citizens?

Prop Trading Showdown: A Side-by-Side Look at FX/CFDs Brokersā€™ Offerings

Proprietary trading has become a hot topic in recent months, drawing attention from retail investors and sparking regulation controversies. After unlicensed companies failed to maintain tradersā€™ trust, FX/CFD brokers started offering prop trading services, recognizing a new niche in the industry. As experts interviewed by Finance Magnates claim, the niche can be really rewarding in the near future. Prop trading is set to become the next revolution and the future for the CFD sector.

Four companies, including OANDA, Axi, IC Markets, and Hantec Markets, have decided to pursue this market so far. In this article, we compare their ā€œchallengesā€ and trading conditions.

1 Like

I remember MB very well. They were my first broker. Paid me with paper checks :joy:

1 Like

At least you started out trading with ECN / STP Broker, I started with FXCM And Forex com. :rage:

:rofl: I havenā€™t seen one of them in like 10yrs.

Assuming high leverage, I start with 2k. If spread, carry, fills, slippage and withdrawals are ok, Iā€™ll let it grow. Itā€™s not long until itā€™s all house money. Itā€™s important to deploy it across several brokers. I do this for the obvious reason but also, when conditions change, my money goes where itā€™s treated best.

For months, a broker I use had 1.0 spread on CL/XTI and it suddenly jumped to 2.4! At $1 per tick my crude trading moved to my backup broker at 1.6 spread/no commission. This morning, after a few weeks, broker A is suddenly back to 1.0. Free markets and competition in action.

Things Iā€™m reading today got me thinking- The last broker that ripped me off was US regulated, PFG Best. After the CFTC came in, most of us received pennies on the dollar because of all manner of ā€œregulationsā€, excuses, etc. but the attorneys did very well. FXCM was fined by the CFTC for some other scam I canā€™t recall. The list of US brokers taking money from clients is lengthy. Your money is never truly safe anywhere. The SEC did a great job with Madoff, remember? Then there was MF Global. The list goes on. Spread things around, hide your stops and trust nobody.

4 Likes

They were solid until Dodd/Frank. They were bought or merged and thatā€™s when I started with offshore brokers and never went back. Iā€™ve had some near misses over the years but none of them have directly stolen my money. Indirectly is a different story :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

They just passed the FIT21. As long as crypto achieves a significant amount of decentralization (Itā€™s already massively centralized in a handful of exchanges) which would in turn be exempt from regulation (then what is forex and why is it so ā€œregulatedā€)ā€¦Everything is ass backwards in this time we live in.

1 Like

This is a true phenomenon. Itā€™s as if youā€™re taking away the validity of the market and they donā€™t want to realize itā€™s a controlled environment.

This is it. Add this sentence to a book of wisdom for the gereations. Post it on your refrigerators. It would even make a great tattoo!
I think I am going to get this phrase air brushed on my truck tomorrow.

2 Likes

-Change has to start somewhere. I am hopeful, but also realistic.

3 Likes

-I donā€™t knowā€¦ a phrase like that could have other meanings to non-traders. :grin:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s what she said! OK airbrushing cancelled! Glad I didnā€™t opt for the tattoo

2 Likes