I’m really glad to see that this thread keeps rolling along without daily input from me.
Thanks to all of you who have participated. You make this thread the valuable resource that it is.
Now I’d like to jump in with some comments, and a couple of questions.
• Evolve Markets Ltd (SVG) – I will add this broker to Group 1 of the Offshore Broker List in a day or two. Thanks to HyperScalper for bringing this broker to our attention. I’ve been able to confirm most of the data regarding Evolve Markets which HyperScalper has posted here.
For those not familiar with this broker, here are my rough notes:
Evolve Markets Ltd (SVG) – https://evolve.markets/
- trading in forex (60 currency pairs), commodities (oil, nat gas, precious metals, copper) and indices (currently 9 stock indices)
- physical infrastructure in London (MT4 server time GMT)
- company registered in SVG, not regulated
- no personal information required to open a live account (except valid email address)
- Bitcoin-funded and denominated accounts only
- no fiat money deposits or withdrawals
- other cryptocurrencies can be deposited after conversion to bitcoin via Shapeshift
- no minimum deposit amount
- no fees for deposits or withdrawals (blockchain fees are refunded by Evolve)
- MT4 platform, live and demo (demo accounts do not expire)
- 500:1 max leverage
- STP order processing, no re-quotes, no FIFO restriction
• TradeWiseFX (SVG) – after MorpheusZ alerted us to the apparent change in policy at TradeWiseFX excluding new U.S. clients, I have been displaying a notice to that effect in their listing in post #1. I emailed TradeWiseFX for confirmation of their policy, and they have replied that they do not accept U.S. clients. I will remove TradeWiseFX from our List today.
• Finpro Trading (UK) – this broker has been on our List for many months. And, during that time, all of the comments posted about them have been positive. I’m wondering whether you guys think that Finpro Trading has proven itself worthy of the Trusted Broker designation? Please weigh in on this question with a yes or no, and your reasons. Thanks.
• **LMFX (**Macedonia) – another candidate for the Trusted Broker designation. Most of the discussion regarding LMFX has occurred in another thread (Lmfx) rather than in this one. Most of the comments in that thread over the past (nearly) 2 years have been positive. LMFX petitioned us for Trusted Broker status 2 year ago, but we deferred a decision on their request, pending more info. Now that we’ve seen more info, is it time to designate LMFX as a Trusted Broker? Please weigh in with your comments.
• Bitcoin – the discussion on bitcoin in this thread has been informative. Thanks to those of you who have contributed. Regarding the bitcoin “event” scheduled for August 1 which FX Choice announced (http://www.uasf.co/), and HyperScalper referred to, I have to admit that I don’t even understand most of it. But, I’m a beginner in this bitcoin thing. I hope that HyperScalper will stay on top of it, and keep us informed of any implications the “event” might have for money transfers to and from offshore. Also, I’m asking all of you who are using bitcoin for offshore money transfers to continue to post your experiences, along with any advice you can offer to those who have not yet ventured into bitcoin.
• The list of Links in post #7 is, once again, out of date. Over the next week, or so, I will review all the posts in this thread from the last 2 months, and post links to those pertaining to specific Group 1 brokers.
Thanks again to all of you who have made this thread the internet’s #1 source for offshore broker information.
One last comment on Evolve Markets: The broker describes itself as “a privately owned IBC in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines”. Wouldn’t it be cool to discover that the private owners of this IBC (international business company) are our old friends from Tallinex? Don’t take that as fact – I’m just imagining a scenario in which Tallinex gets their revenge against the CFTC.