Going offshore to escape the CFTC

Would you mind saying what type of strategy, in a nutshell, does your custom EA use?

hyperscalper

I would recommend against using FXChoice.

Use Evolve.Markets instead, assuming they have the instruments you
want which, for me, is straight Forex. No personal info, account is opened
in 30 seconds, fund by BitCoin, use native BitCoin as your account
currency, etc.

hyperscalper

OK, I get lost in this new forum format. A few “continuously scrollable” posts
in the past I suggested Evolve.Markets and asked whether there may be others
which are comparable. Someone chimed in with a list of 2 or 3 others; which
list I can’t seem to find now, as I wanted to evaluate them.

Maybe it was you “Cryptosurf” but anyway…And maybe it was in another thread.

PLEASE REPEAT your list of other BitCoin native Forex broker candidates.
THANKS !

hyperscalper

I didnt have any troubles with Tallinex, but they finally did give me notice that they were terminating all us accounts, but didnt mention they were being pushed by CFTC thugs. I found another offshore broker, the one who Tallinex recommended, only issues I have is that the swap isnt as good as it could be as compared to a host of other brokers. but by far the worst broker ever was Tradersway, worst swap ever! not to mention their b book brokering, just when you thought it was the bank taking the other side of your trades, but it was really your tradersway B book bucket shop.

I forgot to mention in my last comment that the recent upgrade for this forum did result in at least one nice improvement: resetting passwords seems easier and more successful now. I live so far out in the country that only dial up internet access is available, not high speed. In the past passwords seemed to expire about every 6 months, and I always had trouble resetting them and was forced to have someone in management here reset it for me on their end. My last reset was quick and worked the first time, so thank you babypips.com for that.

Agreed that Finpro should be trusted. Zero problems over 1 year and they also take BTC.

seems to be two Finpro’s one accepts us clients the other doesn’t I just signed up for a demo account and looks like they do take bitcoin for deposits which is a plus for sure.

Sorry you feel this way regarding Traders Way rram2. I have an ECN acct with Traders Way & to be honest they are the best broker I have ever traded through! Super fast execution, extremely low spreads, easy deposit with multi funding options including BitCoin, fast & easy withdraws, a superior support team of any I have used, great leverage from 1/1000 & also 100% matching deposit bonus!

What more could one ask for?

G

i have been tracking this thread from few months so i would also like to add my 2 cents. For testing I opened accounts with tradewisefx, finpro trading, lmfx and evolve markets. Tradewise fx stopped accepting US clients so it went out of the list soon. From FinPro Trading, LMFX and Evolve market, i would recommend FinPro and evolve market, main reason being both support BTC deposits and withdrawals. But FinPro is far better in terms of spreads and execution. And they just charge $2 as commissions; firstly their offerings and conditions looked too good to be true to me but then when I actually started trading, I experienced them myself and no doubt their services speaks for them
thanks

Trusted Brokers

The Trusted Broker designation represents our appraisal of the honesty, integrity, and reliability of the brokers so designated. In awarding the Trusted Broker designation, we are saying simply that particular brokers have earned our trust.

Our Trusted Brokers are not the winners of a popularity contest. We are not certifying that they have the tightest spreads, provide the lowest latencies, or offer all of our favorite features. Rather, we are attesting to their trustworthiness to handle our money and execute our trades honestly and efficiently.

It’s clear from the overwhelmingly positive comments in this thread regarding Finpro Trading and LMFX that both of these brokers have proven that they can be trusted, and I’m pleased to designate both of them as Trusted Brokers. Later today, I will add the Trusted Broker icon to their listings in Group 1, and in the Alphabetical List.

Congratulations to Finpro Trading and LMFX.

On the LINKS page (post #2), you can read the recent comments by participants in this thread regarding these two brokers (and others). That page has just been updated with 42 new links.

Thanks to all of you who shared your experiences and offered your evaluations here in this thread, as we developed our consensus on Finpro Trading and LMFX.

Sure @HyperScalper

It basically uses hedging techniques to open/close trades and monitors the charts so I won’t have to be glued to the computer all day (I have a full-time job). I’ll be trading the USD/JPY pair only. I do update the EA on every new trade it places. I use basic tech analysis (such as channels and fib tools and multiple time frames) to identify the trend and support/resistance levels and then update the EA accordingly to get it ready for the next move.

I can let the EA run on its own and it does give me a decent rate of return but I’ve learned that my style of trading is to get in there and make changes.

I like the high leverage that TradersWay offers (1000:1) since I use a hedge system. My goal is to start with $1000 USD and double up every 3 months (12 month goal of $16000). Then, I’ll cash out the 6K and use the remaining 10K to keep doubling up and cashing out.

If my strategy doesn’t work then I lose the initial 1K and keep my day time job :slight_smile:

1 Like

SIMPLEFX STATEMENT CONCERNING “SEGWIT” BITCOIN AUGUST 1 EVENT
( Informational post only. email received from SimpleFX marketing.
At this time, I have no opinion on SimpleFX, and am simply posting this for
informational purposes. I do have experience with Evolve.Markets, which is
an outstanding broker which does not discriminate against U.S. persons, mainly
because it doesn’t ask any questions at all… SimpleFX may be a competitor
but at this time I have no specific experience.)

"Three things
you’ll want to know about
Crypto Indexes are already available
What does it give you?

High liquidity 
Ultra-fast data feed
Faster order execution

How is it achieved?

Indexes are based on average prices from multiple exchanges
We use leading exchanges with highest trading volumes and proven reliability

New cryptocurrency on board

We have also enabled Dash as a new deposit currency with Instant Send. It will join Bitcoin and Litecoin, which we’ve had for a while now.
We are SEGWIT ready

What is Segwit?
It’s an upgrade of the bitcoin that will take place on 1st August at 00:00 UTC.

Why is everyone talking about it?
After the upgrade the blockchain will either return to normal reliability, or there will be two competing versions of Bitcoin.

What will we do?

Regardless of the result, SimpleFX is prepared for any scenario
24 hours before the event we will stop accepting bitcoin deposits and processing withdrawals; we’ll resume them once the upgrade is finished

What if I need to make a deposit or withdrawal during that time?
All the other crypto (Litecoin and Dash) and fiat currencies will be available the whole time.

Best regards,
SimpleFX Team "

Good Trading ! hyperscalper

LMFX FOREX PRICING TECHNICAL INFORMATION

As I said earlier, I have access to LMFX so I am able to give some technical
information. I’ve run overnight, and this data is toward the end of the London Session. I just took a snapshot, making no attempt to select data. Here are LMFX representative Bid/Ask spreads across the 28 Forex pairs. I think it’s based on the last 5 minutes or so in my software.
Time: 14:20 GMT Tuesday July 18.

Note: the avg spread would be the column to use. These are “variable spread” plus commission type accounts. These are LIVE trading accounts.

LMFX “ZERO ACCOUNT” DATA:
symbol min , avg , max spread pips
AUDCAD, 0.5 , 0.8 , 1.2 #
AUDCHF, 0.5 , 0.8 , 1.1 #
AUDJPY, 0.5 , 0.8 , 1.1 #
AUDNZD, 0.7 , 1.0 , 1.3 #
AUDUSD, 0.4 , 0.7 , 0.9 #
CADCHF, 0.4 , 0.7 , 0.9 #
CADJPY, 0.2 , 0.4 , 0.7
CHFJPY, 0.4 , 1.0 , 1.3 #
EURAUD, 0.6 , 1.2 , 1.4 #
EURCAD, 0.5 , 0.9 , 1.2 #
EURCHF, 0.3 , 0.5 , 0.7
EURGBP, 0.2 , 0.4 , 0.6
EURJPY, 0.4 , 0.5 , 0.8 #
EURNZD, 1.2 , 1.6 , 1.8 ##
EURUSD, 1.1 , 1.1 , 1.2 #
EURUSD, 0.1 , 0.0 , 0.1
GBPAUD, 1.1 , 1.5 , 1.8 #
GBPCAD, 0.6 , 1.3 , 1.7 #
GBPCHF, 0.8 , 1.0 , 1.3 #
GBPJPY, 0.2 , 0.7 , 1.3 #
GBPNZD, 1.3 , 2.6 , 3.1 ###
GBPUSD, 0.1 , 0.2 , 0.6
NZDCAD, 1.6 , 1.8 , 2.0 ##
NZDCHF, 1.3 , 1.7 , 2.0 ##
NZDJPY, 0.7 , 1.1 , 1.2 #
NZDUSD, 0.6 , 0.9 , 1.1 #
USDCAD, 0.2 , 0.5 , 0.7
USDCHF, 0.3 , 0.4 , 0.6
USDJPY, 0.1 , 0.2 , 0.2

FOR COMPARISON, THIS IS FINPROTRADING
AT ABOUT THE SAME TIME:

FINPROTRADING DATA:
symbol min , avg , max spread pips
AUDCAD, 0.5 , 0.8 , 0.9 #
AUDCHF, 0.3 , 0.6 , 0.7 #
AUDJPY, 0.3 , 0.5 , 0.7 #
AUDNZD, 0.5 , 0.9 , 1.2 #
AUDUSD, 0.1 , 0.1 , 0.2
CADCHF, 0.5 , 0.7 , 0.8 #
CADJPY, 0.4 , 0.6 , 0.7 #
CHFJPY, 0.7 , 0.8 , 0.9 #
EURAUD, 0.1 , 0.7 , 0.9 #
EURCAD, 0.7 , 0.9 , 1.1 #
EURCHF, 0.3 , 0.5 , 0.6
EURGBP, 0.1 , 0.3 , 0.4
EURJPY, 0.2 , 0.4 , 0.6
EURNZD, 0.6 , 1.2 , 1.4 #
EURUSD, 0.1 , 0.2 , 0.3
EURUSD, 0.1 , 0.2 , 0.3
GBPAUD, 0.8 , 1.2 , 1.4 #
GBPCAD, 1.0 , 1.4 , 1.6 #
GBPCHF, 0.7 , 1.0 , 1.2 #
GBPJPY, 0.4 , 0.7 , 0.9 #
GBPNZD, 1.1 , 1.5 , 1.9 ##
GBPUSD, 0.2 , 0.3 , 0.5
NZDCAD, 0.8 , 0.9 , 1.2 #
NZDCHF, 0.6 , 0.7 , 0.9 #
NZDJPY, 0.5 , 0.7 , 0.9 #
NZDUSD, 0.1 , 0.3 , 0.5
USDCAD, 0.1 , 0.3 , 0.5
USDCHF, 0.2 , 0.4 , 0.5
USDJPY, 0.1 , 0.2 , 0.4

hyperscalper

HyperScalper,
I was just looking over the spreads and I am wondering what the significance of the “#” is following the third number in some rows? I see on the LMFX numbers that there are two rows for E/U that show significantly different values and one has the “#” symbol. Thanks for the info. TK

I dont think the august 1st event is anything to worry about. Its just a new version / way to “Soft Fork” into BTC network. Given the way bitcoin operates, any change can not be implemented on the network if there are not enough adapters to it. Its a distributed ledger and the miners have to agree on the transactions and chronology of transaction across the network.

Infact what I read is that majority of the miners have already made the upgrades

I can go on technically how this will be a non event but that much of technicality is not required for this thread :slight_smile:

However what is really required on this thread is some chuckle “LOL’s”.

Here is a link from a tweet from John McAfee (cyber security guru) , where is swears to eat on his **** if BitCoins dont surpass $500,000 in three years

Now thats some serious support for bitcoins. I will now start trading with a bitcoin denominated forex account :slight_smile:

I see evolve markets is getting some support on this thread, I will test them and will also share a list of BitCoin brokers that I find.

Regarding my Bid/Ask Spread information notation:

The Average value is rounded up or down to the nearest
integer PIPs. Then that number of # marks are appended .

int marks = (int)Math.round(spreadPacket.avg);
StringBuffer sb2 = new StringBuffer();
for(int i2=0; i2<marks; i2++) {
sb2.append("#"); // rough graphic
}
// then add sb2.toString() to the end of the line

hyperscalper

PRELIMINARY LMFX PERFORMANCE

Operations mediated by MT4 times from start to
finish of the Market Order submission.

C:\HyperScalper\apps\tt-live>cat tt.log | grep -i orderop
[20170718-07:14:42.197(GMT)] OrderOp elapsed: 157 (milliseconds)
[20170718-07:14:53.040(GMT)] OrderOp elapsed *: 249
[20170718-07:14:53.181(GMT)] OrderOp elapsed: 141
[20170718-16:41:57.872(GMT)] Sell Market OrderOp elapsed: 212
[20170718-16:43:38.372(GMT)] Sell Market OrderOp elapsed: 185
[20170718-16:50:04.387(GMT)] OrderOp elapsed *: 107
[20170718-16:50:28.590(GMT)] OrderOp elapsed *: 140
[20170718-16:52:12.559(GMT)] OrderOp elapsed *: 62
[20170718-16:59:33.965(GMT)] Sell Market OrderOp elapsed: 234
[20170718-16:59:59.669(GMT)] OrderOp elapsed: 208
[20170718-17:09:24.840(GMT)] OrderOp elapsed: 201

So these are “orderop times” I’m seeing initially with a “Zero Account”
variable spread plus commish account at LMFX. This server is
2.35 milliseconds from LMFX’s backend servers as reported by MT4.

What I like about this is consistency of Order response times. Although not the fastest turnaround times, they are good enough for our purposes.

The configuration uses a Java process, communicating with the NJ4X.com API framework into a “pool” of MT4 “terminal.exe” processes which are configured as 1 Market Data listener, and 4 Order Worker processes which are able to do concurrent processing into the same account. So it’s a bit complex.

It’s running on a seedvps.com 3 Xeon Core / 6 gb Windows Server 2008 tuned for best interprocess communication, etc… situated in Amsterdam. I’m using a “virtual limit order” mode where the system simulates a limit order, but strikes “counter trend” when the price “snaps” and stops running against us. It then strikes as quickly as possible with a Market order, on the “snap back” in price so that slippage works in our favor each time and so we get price advantage on nearly every entry.

hyperscalper

hyperscalper

Rearrangement of the first 7 posts in this thread

I have rearranged the posts that make up our List, at the beginning of this thread.

Here’s what you will now see, when you scroll through this thread beginning with post #1:

• Post #1 – Group 1 - Brokers who will accept new U.S. clients (this post has not been moved or altered)

• Post #2 – LINKS to other thread posts where the Group 1 brokers have been discussed (previously this was post #7)

• Post #3 – Group 2 - Vetted brokers who do not accept U.S. clients (previously post #2)

• Post #4 – the Alphabetical Broker List thru letter R (previously, this consisted of 2 posts: #3 and #4)

• Post #5 – the rest of the Alphabetical List (S thru Z), plus the original first post in this thread (7 years ago) containing the “CFTC rant” (this post has not been moved or altered)

• Post #6 and following – comments and discussion by thread participants

I hope these changes make the List easier to navigate.

Hello everyone!

I’d like to start with a huge thank you to all of the contributors to this thread. I’ve always been reading more than writing so I guess this will be my longest post ever :slight_smile:

I came few months ago here to get some help moving forward with a new broker. I’d like to share what the result of my visit here is and ‘contribute’ (in a way) to that thread as well.

After doing my research, I’ve decided to open an account with LQDFX and until now I don’t regret of doing so even for a second. It’s not that I’ve traded with them for long time (about 2 months or so), but from what I’ve seen and the service I get, there is nothing to complain about. The trading conditions are pretty attractive, spread is low, there are no restrictions on trading strategies and most importantly the execution is fast. From support point of view - great communication and issues small or big are solved immediately, they even went the extra mile once for me and reimbursed an amount that actually I should’ve paid for since it was my mistake, which I really appreciated big time. Overall, peaceful trading and great support when you need it.

I hope I’ve been helpful, will keep you updated as the time goes.

[quote=“BobW, post:4545, topic:35612, full:true”]

After doing my research, I’ve decided to open an account with LQDFX and until now I don’t regret of doing so even for a second.

… will keep you updated as the time goes.[/quote]

@BobW

Thanks, Bob. This is the kind of feedback we’re looking for, from all of our thread participants who trade live offshore.

Please keep us updated on your experiences with LQDFX.