Going offshore to escape the CFTC

Had a quick look at their website. Looks kinda
OK but even the website had html syntax problems,
so I guess they’re just getting going. Their ECN Pro
account would be OK.

For me, there’s no way to know for real without looking
at a Live account in operation.

They are in Vanuatu, and selecting United States did not
result in a rejection message, so I guess they’ll take Yanks.

hyperscalper

1 Like

BITCOIN ANNOUNCEMENT FROM COINBASE

Dear XXX,

We wanted to remind you that the upcoming Bitcoin Segwit2x fork is projected to take place on November 16 and will result in 2 bitcoin blockchains.

In our effort to make Coinbase the most trusted, safe, and easy-to-use digital currency exchange, we are working to ensure we maximize your benefit from this event. So, following the fork:

Any user storing Bitcoin on Coinbase at the time of the fork will be credited with an equal amount of the new Bitcoin2x asset on the Bitcoin2x blockchain. No action is required - we will automatically credit your account. If you have 5 Bitcoin stored on Coinbase before the fork, you will have 5 Bitcoin and 5 Bitcoin2x following the event.

Coinbase users will be able to trade both Bitcoin and Bitcoin2x shortly after the fork.

Coinbase will disable buys, sells, sends and receives for Bitcoin and Bitcoin2x approximately 24 hours before the fork. We will re-enable them following the fork once it’s safe to do so.

For a detailed timeline of events surrounding the fork please see our blog post and FAQ. Thank you,
Coinbase Team

hyperscalper

[EDIT] Geez, the text had indentation of 4 spaces so originally it put text into
a scrolling panel !!! Weird. Fixed it.

2 Likes

Not a bad option to hold some thru the split. Segwit2x futures are currently trading at around $1100

Clint and HyperScalper,

Thank you, both for making such outstanding contributions to help inform those (and traders like me) about the brokers we can (or should not) trust! I appreciate your commitment to helping all you have viewed your threads.

v/r
Pipconomist

1 Like

Request for updates on the Capital City Markets (CCM) deposit situation.

Over the past week, there have been no posts regarding the deposit problem at CCM.

Is this problem being resolved?

If you trade live with CCM, and have been affected by the CCM deposit problem, please post a brief update here on your efforts – and (I hope) your success – in getting this problem straightened out.

Thanks.

No success. Requested withdrawal of remaining funds in live account and it was not honored. Funds no longer show up in MT4. Straight up theft.

Nothing has changed , do not be fooled . Bank says cant go back that far . Visa supposedly has a time frame of when a customer can claim things and its long past , and not a peep from Capital City Markets .

@foreverforex2 and @Martin22 Thanks for your updates.

As it stands now, CCM clients have basically been screwed.

I received an email today from another member (who chose not to post here in the thread) saying essentially the same thing.

If there are other victims of this deposit fiasco, please speak up now, in this thread.

And if anyone has successfully resolved this CCM problem, please weigh in. We need to learn how you accomplished that !

FXCHOICE PREPARING FOR BITCOIN FORK

Dear ,

We are writing to inform you that there will be a new hard fork in the Bitcoin network in the days to come. This certainly is not the first fork, but it is a unique one, as it is not only the biggest, but also the most contradictory in the bitcoin community, and possibly, among all crypto-currencies.

This fork will result in appearance of several currencies, although their future is uncertain. Exchanges, mining pools and investors express their support or opposition to any of the chains that is about to appear, but these positions change on a daily basis.

Therefore, no one can predict if there will be a price spike in BTCUSD rate, or if it will be possible to convert Bitcoins. Neither can we foresee the perspective of the network’s development. All that remains for us to do at this stage is to wait and closely follow the news to have a better understanding of what rules the bitcoin community will live by.

Since we highly appreciate our customers and protect their assets, and taking into account all the risks associated with Bitcoin in the coming days, we are forced to suspend trading BTCUSD as a temporary measure.

Therefore, we have three significant announcements to make:

We will have a temporary suspension on BTCUSD trading starting from 8th November. This means that one cannot place new BTCUSD trades starting from 8th November. From that day on, all open trades on BTCUSD will be “Close only”.

All open BTCUSD trades must be closed until 10th November. If you have open positions on BTCUSD, we highly recommend you close them. The trades that are left open will be closed automatically on 10th November at the end of the trading day.

Bitcoin-related internal transfers will be temporarily suspended on 8th November. If you want to transfer your Bitcoins to any other currency (or vice-versa) from within your Backoffice profile, please transfer the funds before 8th November.

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to Contact Us.

Best wishes and happy trading!
The FXChoice Team

EXPLANATION OF UPCOMING BITCOIN FORK

I believe this is good reliable information.

hyperscalper

SOLD MY BITCOIN AHEAD OF THE FORK.

I think the huge appreciation of BTC right now won’t last past
the fork. I’m not saying things will crash; but isn’t it reasonable
to ask why BTC is running up? Because you get “free” BTC2x
I guess…

Anyway, I sold my BTC into USD until the “mother forker” is
over !!! LOL

I wish that Crypto would explain to us whether or not SegWit2x
has “replay protection” so that the new BTC2x will be safe !!! ???
That’s way too technical for me !

(Edit) SegWit2X and the Case for Strong Replay Protection (And Why It's ... | Bitcoin Magazine

hyperscalper

I just don’t think the fork will produce anything detrimental. There will be a fork, there will be BTC2x to trade, there will be others that will fork, etc. There’s big money (marketcap) involved in BTC and (imo) that’s not likely to change. However I do think BTC may have a painful market correction.

A couple months ago BTC was forked ala Bitcoin Cash. Hasn’t affected BTC price at all. BCH dropped to $300 and now up over $600

Litecoin was the very first Bitcoin fork. Litecoin solved all the problems that they are attempting to solve now with BTC2x. To date it has had zero effect on BTC (other then LTC price finally moving from $4 to $50+).

HIGH LEVEL OVERVIEW OF THE BITCOIN FORK CONCEPT

I think these BTC related posts are important, if only because
increasingly BitCoin and other Cryptocurrencies are very useful
to U.S. Persons to bypass other funds transfer restrictions.

This is a great article to read which gives some perspective,
without being overly technical.

https://www.coindesk.com/stop-worrying-love-fork/

hyperscalper

BITTREX STATEMENT OF POLICY ON FORK

hyperscalper

BTW LTC Looks like its making another run of its ATH of $100. :wink:

A VIDEO EXPLAINING MANY ASPECTS OF CRYPTO
RELATING TO THE BITCOIN GOLD FORK

Interesting and reasonable guy who covers many
aspects of “living with cryptos” or having confidence
in crypto-currencies.

For me, and the rest of us Noobs, I am shocked at the
many “altcoins” available; those other than BTC

[EDIT2] This video, in particular, is a good starting point since
it is very recent information, and discusses “bubbles” or "hype"
driving BTC value, etc.

[EDIT] This has got to be one of the better ways to stay
on top of the issues; here is the channel link
YouTube.

hyperscalper

ACCOUNTING METHODS FOR CRYPTO CURRENCY USAGE

This is one subject that U.S. persons should get to grips with, when
using BTC or other Crypto Currencies to fund trading accounts. My
limited knowledge is that BTC, for example, is not treated by the
IRS as “currency”; rather, it is “property”. Property is subject to
capital gains tax. So you will need to become involved in the tax
consequences. I hope someone who actually knows more about
this can chime in but, for now, here’s an intro article in Forbes.

[EDIT] This link is on the above page, but I just wanted to highlight it
separately
https://greentradertax.com/how-cryptocurrency-investors-can-avert-irs-attack/

hyperscalper

THE IRS IS COMING FOR CRYPTO USERS BUT THEY
HAVE MODERATED THEIR “OVER-REACH”

About a year ago IRS attempted to get Coinbase.com to
disgorge ALL clients transactions regardless of triviality.

But now, a compromise was reached so that only clients
with transactions totalling $20,000 will be reported to IRS
by Coinbase.

Notwithstanding this fact, Crypto income is a taxable
event, which is basically a capital gain.

So, we all need to get to grips with what is available to help
us prepare our IRS taxes when we engage in Crypto
to USD transactions (this thread is for U.S. persons).

A lengthy video with a Tax Expert discusses the IRS
increasing interest in foreign assets, and Crypto in
particular. It is lengthy.

Two websites offering Crypto accounting:
http://Coinbase.Info service
http://Bitcoin.Tax

OK, well not being an expert I’ll wait until somebody
knowledgeable chimes in ! :slight_smile: LOL

hyperscalper

SEGWIT STRUCTURAL CHANGE TO BITCOIN BLOCKS

Explained very well, graphically.

hyperscalper

Segwit fork scrapped, BTC goes parabolic (Edit…and then dumps lol)