Going offshore to escape the CFTC

Hi Everyone,

First off thanks to everyone for posting so much useful/critical information. I have spent that last 5-6 days researching Finpro / Turnkey and possibly opening a Hong Kong company to open a trading account with Pepperstone. I am about to open an account with 50k USD, but wanted some last minute reassurance on Finpro and/or Turnkey. Being that they are UK based are there any fears of them getting shut down soon (within the next year or so)?

Or should I look into Trader’s Way?

they are good & legit chex! you can read the all posts w.r.t to these brokers here Going offshore to escape the CFTC they’ve been on the thread for quiet some time & i think you should give a shout out the hon members of this thread @HyperScalper @whywescalp they ve got extensive experience trading with them. cheers!

these regulatory bodies are responsible only for penalizing brokers who take clients from their territories. traders are usually cautioned not punished or charged. and the bank might put across a word of caution but NO-ONE can tell you how to use your money… however you should be more responsible while choosing a broker… always research and test the broker with a small funds… and stay away from crooks who promise % returns… no one can guarantee anything in this market… so choose wisely and trade cautiously.

1 Like

fair brokers! not going anywhere for sure :+1:

Hi. This thread looks very active for offshore brokers. Saw FXglory on the list too. I just came across this broker recently and being from uae they seem more convenient option. But I am not sure as they are unregulated ones. And the reviews online are quite mixed. They hv many platforms but spreads looks high as I saw in the demo account. Fx glory even offer binary options, another reason n I am interested in them. But again another reason to fear about them being a scum. Is someone here have experience with this broker and with binary trading. And the withdrawals? They seem to offer so many options for fund transfer but I read somewhere about the fees they charge on every option. but they mentioned free transfers. I am a little or maybe too confused.
Please help me out guys.

Sorry, they don’t offer binary options anymore. Had a binary account with them last year when they sent out the closure notices. Good news was they refunded my account via paypal. As far as I know, FX Glory still offers FX accounts.

BINARY OPTIONS (the Offshore type)

Yeah, Binaries are interesting. The main problem is that
you may be able to predict where it is moving; but it may
not move in the Timeframe for option expiration…
I’ve spent a lot of time looking at these things; and
concluded that “raw Forex” is better because there
is no expiration date on the trade…

Plus the often under-estimated feature that Forex can
be fully automated…

hyperscalper

1 Like

Agree 100%…I came to the same conclusion.

Haven’t gotten to the “automated” stage yet, but I think an FX/CFD trader with a disciplined TP/SL approach should easily outperform binary options.

1 Like

For those that fund via Bitcoin, who are you using to fund through?

I set up a coinbase account to fund Finpro and Turnkey, but it is giving me a $1000/day limit and says that it will be “available to withdraw in 27 days” …surely that has to be a mistake?!

It is definitely cheaper and easier than calling my CU and sending a bank wire, would just like to get some honest feedback for those that have funded to the mentioned brokers above, or have funded an account via bitcoins.

Thanks for your help!

Have you verified your account with Coinbase? Bank transfers take about 7 days to clear, once it clears I am able to buy and withdraw the BTC instantly. I also have a $25,000/week limit. I think once you verify your account it should bring down your wait time a bit.

Also I just recently found out that you can buy and send BTC using the app called “Cash”. I have not done it myself yet, but from what I’ve seen it looks like you can buy and transfer instantly after you have verified your account (don’t take my word on this yet however since I haven’t done it myself). According to the app the BTC withdraw limits (which I assume is sending the BTC to another wallet/or in this case your broker) are $2,000/day and $5,000/week.

Firstly - thank you to everyone who has contributed to the thread. I have been lurking for a long time but finally decided to sign up.

I signed up with FinProTrading about 2 months ago and everything has been going well. I was able to make a $x,xxx withdraw smoothly.

When taking a look at the Companies House site I see that FINPRO TRADING UK LTD is listed with “Active proposal to strike off” and “accounts overdue”. Furthermore when looking at the filing history I see that on July 10th a notice was sent that the company will be dissolved in two months unless action is taken. New users can not post links, but use the CompaniesHouse links that SmallPaul posted and you will see what I’m talking about.

What do you think? Anything to be worried about?

Yes, I have verified at all 3 levels and the small bank deposits, and it still gives me the $1000/day limit.

I will go ahead and begin using it and see if the limit goes up with use of it.

Thanks for your reply.

hey @1bluecloud! smallpaul has got the wrong link. i have been with finprotrading since 2015 & have been depositing and withdrawing from their banks. Never have deposited to finpro trading UK ltd bank account, they are registered with Finpro UK Ltd and the company is active. i hv always deposited to Finpro UK lts account and lately using btc

here’s the link FINPRO (UK) LTD - Overview (free company information from Companies House)

hope it helps and clarifies!

1 Like

Coinbase usually replenishes the limits based on how much you are trading (buy or sell). So if you are actively trading in the account, the daily limits will increase but at the end of the day, they reserve the right to increase or decrease your limits.

And normal bank transfer can take upto few days to reach your coinbase ac, ACH transfers can unlock the 25k per day limit if you are verified at level 2 with them

1 Like

We welcome the following new members to this thread — charlie.afl, frandlost, DynaPip,
wmwmw, martypython, ChexMix27, forexglobe, Ranger3, and 1bluecloud

51 new links have been added to Post #2.

2 Likes

thanks for the correction i have posted that same link a few months back also if you do a wire transfer with finpro trading your money is going to turnkeyfx

Can someone help me out with this…

I currently use an Amsterdam VPS to auto copy my trades with low latency to FXChoice, Finpro & Tradersway.

I was considering adding Turnkey to the mix, however I have a question… Do Finpro & Turnkey have the same feeds & liquidity providers? Would I just be duplicating my existing Finpro account & tapping the exact same liquidity sources?

they have the same feed and also the same turnkeyfx mt-4 platform so you have to download turnkey forex into another folder so not worth it to have account with both unless you don’t trust one or the other

FINPROTRADING AND TURNKEYFOREX HAVE SAME FEED

@MrInvisible
These are essentially identical from a technical perspective, but
each broker might be amenable to some differences in the “deal”
they could make for you on commish, etc…

ALL MT4 PLATFORMS FROM ANY BROKER ARE IDENTICAL
They are simply “broker branded” but are the same core software.
All you need to access one or another is the .SRV file, or have the
MT4 instance create the .SRV file from their broker search function.

I know this because I use the NJ4X.com framework, and ANY MT4
terminal is exactly the same, and all it needs to access the full range
of brokers is the set of .SRV files … (with the possible exception
of U.S. brokers who have to support FIFO; perhaps they have
a custom MT4…) The same applies to MT5 terminals, by the way.

[EDIT] since most people don’t know this, they end up downloading
multiple MT4’s from various brokers, which is a way to get their .SRV
file of course, but is unnecessary and clutters up your computer…

[EXTRA TIP] When you install your MT4 terminal, DO NOT TAKE THE
DEFAULTS. Instead, on the very first installation screen change the
installation directory folder to c:\MyBrokerMT4 or whatever… Why do
this? Because you can then copy the entire installation tree into
c:\MyBrokerMT4-2 folder, and you have a “clone” of the platform, so
you can run TWO (or more) instances of MT4 simultaneously, on your
computer, instead of switching accounts within a single MT4 instance.
Hey, you’re welcome !!! LOL :slight_smile:

Hope this helps !

hyperscalper

2 Likes

I use to aggregate the major bank ECN’s EBS, Reuters Matching & HotspotFxi as well as the single bank platforms of Citibank, UBS & Duetche bank via tier II prime broker setups with FCstone & ADM Derivatives. This allowed the trading of massive position sizes with relatively tight spreads. Of course this was before the Dodd Frank legislation forced me out by requiring ECP Qualified US Citizens with >10M in assets for prime accounts. I have been forced to aggregate retail brokers ever since 09.

My position size exceeds the typical retail maximum ticket size… so my sole concern is who are the broker’s LPs. If I fill too large a position with brokers sharing the same LPs price slippage is a potential huge issue.