Going offshore to escape the CFTC

ForexPeaceArmy ? just wondering…
hyperscalper

Can you share the link ? I don’t see that at FPA

Excuse my ignorance, we have trader’s way listed as one of the trusted broker but when I go to their website, the footer says “All information on this website is not directed toward soliciting citizens or residents of the United States and the United Kingdom." Am I missing something?

that is a regulator pleasing exercise, open the account and select +1 as your country code :wink:

Note: it uses the word “Soliciting” which means they dont actively market in those jurisdicitons, thats all

Active solicitation of U.S. persons is largely the way in which CFTC attempts
to attack these brokers; and it is a “survival issue” for them. Doing business with
a U.S. person who approaches the broker; not as a result of active solicitation
by the broker, is not illegal for brokers who do not have any U.S. entites as part
of their business. And having an offshore broker is absolutely not illegal for
U.S. persons. But… This is the “over-reach” by U.S. authorities and bullying
overseas, which is the basis of this entire forum thread…

The best approach is to use brokerages which are either “anonymous” and
do not require any nationality or residence information disclosure; or those
which have no U.S. based business entities, nor participate in any
U.S. influenced regulatory bodies. There are a few good choices here,
so watch this thread carefully.

What we are hoping for is that offshore brokers are “less intimidated” by
threats from CFTC and allied regulatory agencies; so that more of them
are able to clearly indicate that they are either U.S. friendly, or at least
nationality/residence “neutral” in accepting U.S. clients.

[EDIT] Primary means of restriction against offshore brokers is to cut off
their access to the “normal” funds transfer mechanisms; again through U.S.
bullying of the mainstream financial structure. Using Crypto currency
transfer mechanisms is increasingly the best means of moving funds
into and out of offshore brokerages, while maintaining “Fiat currency”
(e.g. Dollars or Euros) as the funding currencies in those brokers. Thus
by restricting the usage of Cryptos to “funds transfer purposes only”
we avoid exposure to Crypto:Fiat exchange rate volatility… Consider
Coinexx.com or for more traditional approaches TurnkeyForex or
FinProTrading as “hybrid” choices … I’m trying not to show favoritism
here…

[EDIT2] Specifically, TradersWay does offer this “hybrid” approach where
Crypto (BitCoin) transfers to/from accounts funded in USD should be
the preferred approach. Use a service like Coinbase.com to send/receive
BTC and to convert/transfer to/from your Bank account in USD or other
“Fiat” (aka “real money”) currencies. Just a suggestion; “your mileage
may vary”… Good Luck !!

[EDIT3] To my knowledge, currently, only Coinexx.com offers the choice
of Crypto funding AND/OR ordinary USD funds denomination of their Forex accounts…
Perhaps Crypto currency denominated accounts are not desirable, due to
the risk of Crypto:Fiat volatility anyway… So by this measure, several
brokers with Fiat account denomination, also permit Crypto-based funds
transfer; thus providing what I consider the best environment for funds
transfer, while maintaining “Fiat” or national currency stability…
I am hoping more brokerages follow in this choice of funding currency
while maintaining a largely “anonymous” or at least a
“neutral” approach to client national identity…

hyperscalper

1 Like

Thought i’ll share. here’s an interesting article on finance magnates about Coinexx

After reading positive feedback about them on this thread, hv been testing them. Seems like its time to go LIVE :slight_smile:

@HyperScalper & @whywescalp Yeah with CFTC clamping down on brokers and traders alike like a noose around their necks it is becoming an increasingly suffocating environment to trade peacefully in, especially for US residents. Take LMFX for instance. Got busted for taking in US clients despite having listed rather explicitly so that they don’t do so. That’s what kept me from signing up with Trader’s Way too. I couldn’t find a solid ground to rely on them especially with what happened with LMFX. Of course it is not the only stooge on the list we’ve got other brokers as well that are falling prey to CFTC’s hunting practices.

The matter of fact is that with CFTC and other regulatory bodies creating such atmosphere for trading, it would be indeed be respite if we could just skirt around the entire tiresome schemer of regulations. I see you’ve got a point there with the mention of anonymous trading. I recently did some research about such brokers that are into anonymous trading who don’t ask you to reveal your personal details. Plus with cryptos not being under any sort of regulatory reins till now I don’t really see the point in handing over your information for KYC which easily run the risk of getting stolen or misused.

That’s precisely why I see a growing inclination among traders these days towards this new-wave crop of crypto-fx brokers like Coinexx. Anonymity aside, there is a radical transformation in the way transactions and trades are executed. @charlie.afl And this article about coinexx talks about digital contracts. What are they? Forgive me, I am still a novice on this subject so just want to get some perspective here. Anyone?

COINEXX.COM rocks and perhaps one of the best concept brokers we have on @Clint list above.

Last year, I categorically mentioned that brokers who offer cryptos as a mode of payment are way better than brokers who only give bitcoin based accounts. Because of the crypto volatility. And I also said it is the future of offshore broking :slight_smile:

And when @SmallPaul introduced us to coinexx.com I said that it looks a very promising broker

It seems that now Finance Magnates agree with me as well.

By all means I see coinexx doing everything right it should be done. They are offshore, so no issues of reducing leverage of clients because of stupid esma or cftc rules. They are crypto based so not dependent on banks for bullying them and now they have this “digital contract” as a use case to democratise the forex industry.

Just in case you dont understand what digital contract means. Coinexx claims that they are using cryptos to create forex pairs. So for example if you have BTC/USD and BTC/EUR you can easily create EUR/USD from it. Thats how they are able to create all the currency pairs using cryptos (like exotic or cross pairs). Then they invite arbitrageurs to arb against their pairs, hence making their spread as super competetive :slight_smile: . Coinexx is a must try (and for the record, I already have a live account with them BUT I have no commercial benefit if you open an account with coinexx.com)

Here is the link from finance magnates about coinexx and their approach to forex as digital contracts:

All interesting stuff.

look like the company director / owner is 26yo COINEXX LIMITED - Officers (free information from Companies House)

Here is a link that shows Mark Zuckerbeg was 20 years old when he became the director and CEO of facebook :slight_smile:

Another tangent thought: Very few times will you be able to find the director’s informaiton when dealing with forex brokers. So, in a way its good we know who the director of coinexx is.

i agree, i have accounts with fxchoice witch is rock solid, tradersway witch im planning on leaving after a false spike that took me for over 1k and they refuse to make right, so i will be opening account with coinexx from my tradersway money, i just hope they stay honest, have you withdrew any money from coinexx yet if so how was the process

interesting & then its not a surprise that coinexx’s platform is so agile & fresh, just like the young minds behind it. @SmallPaul just went live with them and for the withdrawals they say they process it within 48 hours or less. A friend trades with them and withdraws w/o trouble. I too hope they stay the same.

1 Like

Coinexx is also using turnkeyfx

Has anyone here used vload to fund tradersway account. And there are withdrawal restrictions with this payment method as well. Never used it before and was wondering is it safe?

I have an account with VLOAD. The way I understand it is that its a private ledger concept. When you buy vload vouchers, you in a way get IOU from vload. You can then use those vload vouchers to buy a service at participating merchants. These merchants then take those vload vouchers back to vload provider (vload.expert) and get paid from them. Essentially, its no differernt than tether (tether.to) but with the biggest catch that tether is a public leder and vload is a private ledger. I dont necessarily see a risk in vload other than the standard risk of your broker.

You buy VLOAD vouchers from Vload and then give them to the broker. Your broker then gives those VLOAD vouchers back to VLOAD and gets paid from VLOAD. That is the complete cycle.

I have personally not used vload to make deposit, I prefer cryptos to make deposits just because I understand them better. I have an account with LQDFX and they also accept vload, that how I got introduced to the concept. But if you trust your broker, its then his responsibility to give you credit for the vload voucher that you use to fund your account.

BTW, just out of curisoty you mentioned

Can you please elaborate on what those trading restrictions are ?

Thanks whywescalp! [quote=“whywescalp, post:5411, topic:35612”]
That is the complete cycle.
[/quote]
no the cycle doesn’t end here. For withdrawing the funds you deposited through vload, Tradersway will only send it back to an ewallet not to your bank account . So the whole process seems like a headache and there are transaction fees at every step - once while transferring funds from bank to vload, then 3.5% for buying a voucher from vload. And while getting my funds back, im paying the withdrawal fee at TW, then a fee for transacting the funds from the ewallet to my bank. I’m a small trader and bearing these kinds of fees is a bit too much for me. I was really excited to see card payments listed in their payment methods and signed up primarily cos of that. But now it seems like an expensive proposition.
& i agree cryptos are our saviour looking at how complicated its getting to fund trading accounts via other means.

And I appreciate you took out time and replied, esp on a long weekend.

That is rough !

Im not sure why you would use that broker (or at the very least that payment method). To me it seems that the broker has cut a very bad deal with vload guys and its passing on all the cost to its client. I understand that, if the broker is offshore, he has to deal with a lot of expensive intermediaries but that dosent mean that you go and spend over 10% of your trading capital only to be able to fund your account and then still have to deal with ewallet refunds etc.

My best advise would be use cryptos to fund your account. It is cheaper, fast and easy (well easy only if you try atleast once :wink: )

Almost all the brokers that @Clint has on his list accept bitcoins. You just want to pick the best one who does not pass on the cost to you.

Hope that helps. Best of luch with your trading.

WORKING ON TRADING ISSUES

This offshore brokerage thread is extremely important since, without brokerages, it’s hard to do good Forex trading. I’ve been working more on the trading analytics side of things, in this thread:

One broker which is extremely valuable is Dukascopy, in Switzerland. Unfortunately, they will not grant LIve accounts to U.S. persons, but they will grant perpetually renewable DEMO accounts. They offer a Market Depth from which inferences can be made to generate a Time and Sales, and a complex API which is able to access this streaming realtime data, i.e. Depth of Market data on which a virtual Time and Sales can be derived.

Both of these are information which can be added to Currency Strength Trend to “triangulate” trading in Forex. The three “pillars” are: 1) Currency Strength (which does not require volume information), 2) Depth of Market based Trend prediction calculations, and 3) the ultimate prize of Order Flow or Trade Flow inventory calculations.

In all 3 of these, and taken together, our goal is to predict before Price moves, where it will be moving. I’ve been deep inside code integrating these data sources for proprietary trading bots. But a lot of such information can be used as a basis for daytrading scalping, or even longer periods and I’d like to make that accessible free of any charge. The problem is understanding what all of the data means, and maybe I can use another thread to discuss all of that…

These topics don’t fit into this “Going offshore to escape the CFTC” topic thread…

hyperscalper

COINEXX.COM USD DENOMINATED ACCOUNT FUNDED
DIRECTLY THROUGH CRYPTO TRANSFER OF LTC

So I opened a USD denominated account at Coinexx.com, and funded it
by sending LTC (Litecoin) from Coinbase into the deposit wallet address.
Actually, I started the transaction and Coinexx said I had 30 minutes to
complete it. Well, several hours later, I actually did send the LTC and
that incoming wallet address at Coinexx was still valid !

No “intermediate” wallets involved. Most other brokers give you a “crypto
wallet” so you transfer to that, and then from that wallet , as a next
step, you use the crypto to purchase USD which is deposited to
your USD account, for example.

So it was directly deposited in USD from the incoming LTC in one step
from my perspective, even though obviously they would do the
LTC -> USD conversion behind the scenes, I assume… Very slick.

I’m finally gearing up to do some volume trading, across multiple
accounts and brokers, through a couple of in-house developed BOTs.

[EDIT] I think I’ve mentioned earlier that this means I need to use a mixed
MT4 and MT5 server pool setup under NJ4X.com’s Pro Terminal Server.
I just need to test to be sure these MT5 pools operate as expected.
“Trust, but verify?” lol

hyperscalper

1 Like