Going offshore to escape the CFTC

Let me go out on a limb here and say “Yes” !

hyperscalper

deleted due to failing to quote Clint’s post.

Quoting Clint - This is your Nanny State in action –

MasterCard Ban Starts Monday, VISA in December | Finance Magnates

Update to the post quoted above.

From Finance Magnates today –

Exclusive: VISA’s Unregulated Brokers Crackdown to Cause Pain Offshore8

========================================

Clint, Would you assume this new ban includes Visa / MC backed debit cards ? As of this past Friday, I have not been able to deposit money into my TradersWay account using my debit card. I get redirected to a pages that says, “3D Secure Authentication Failure”. I’ve talked with broker support and my bank. Everything seems to be authorized on my banks side. I’m wondering if the denial is happening “higher up the food chain”, with Visa / MC having “flipped the denial switch”.

My Vload account stopped allowing voucher purchases this past Friday, 10-19-2018. Vload is known as a forex / poker / gambling payment processor. Looks like Visa / MC is also aware of this and has blocked purchases to Vload with the statement “3DS Authentication Failure”.

I will be funding my Turnkey account and the only way to do it is wire the funds.

KC

Hi Susan,

Just like you, I suspect that Visa and Mastercard are treating every offshore forex transaction as if it’s supporting a criminal enterprise. If that’s how they see the situation, then they are probably intent upon cutting off every means of money transfer between US traders and their offshore brokers, and that would include debit transactions, as well as credit transactions. And presumably, it would also include money transfers to other intermediaries, such as Vload.

But, the operative word here is suspect.

It certainly appears that Visa and Mastercard are totally in bed with the Nanny State regulators, cooperating with the regulators without any degree of push-back.

But, I’m no expert on credit card company operations, so I can’t speculate on how Visa and Mastercard view their rights, their risks, and their vulnerabilities, when it comes to supporting or resisting regulator overreach.

If I understand what you are currently dealing with, your bank and your broker are both unable to explain the failure of a money transfer – both of them assuring you that they are not the cause of the failure.

That means that (1) Visa and/or Mastercard is the problem, and (2) there is no transparency in this process – the credit card companies are not being forthcoming about what they are doing and why, leaving you, your bank, and your broker without an explanation.

And that’s a pretty crappy way to run a financial services business.

yes this is true once your bank approve your debit card transaction your transaction get sent thru matsercard 3DS Authentication and that’s where they block the transaction, so there is nothing your bank can do, i use EPAYMENT a more establish company then Vload, i no longer do deposit unless im going with a new broker i then move money around using my EPAYMENT account

next up for the nanny state:

block all bank wire transaction to offshore brokers.

give U.S. crypto currency dealers like coinbase a list of all offshore brokers so we can’t send crypto currency, if that’s possible

Clint, I agree with everything you’ve said… except for the word “suspect”. I think that’s being a bit too generous. :wink: I think it’s most likely that this is exactly what is happening.

Yes, you understood exactly what I wrote. The broker and my bank have no explanation for the declined transactions. The person in charge of debit transactions at my bank even called Shazam Inc and spoke to them personally, then called me back and said that Shazam, Inc stated that “…3DS authentication is something that happens ‘behind the scenes’ on the merchants website and requires no extra authorization PIN / password from you or the bank…” Yet, when I contacted Vload support by email and explained what my bank and Shazam, Inc had said, Vload support just kept saying, “…we do not deal with bank denials… you need to contact your bank…”

So four different entities don’t know what’s going on… TradersWay, my bank, Shazam Inc, and Vload. That’s when I came back to this thread and scrolled through the posts and saw your post with the Finance Magnents article link. I had forgotten that this was ban was coming. I think I first read about it here maybe six months ago.

Pretty scary to think that with the “flip of a switch” or a “keyboard stroke”, companies the size of Visa / MC can cut off access to your own money. If they can do it with transactions to forex brokers, then they could just as easily do the same with transactions to your grocery store. I’m thinking of other countries who have defaulted on their debt and how the banks limited the amount of money that could be withdrawn from ATM machines and such. Obviously it’s a completely different topic, and not the focus of this thread, but the thought of it really bothers me… and that’s putting it politely.

Susan

SmallPaul, I think you are correct. Bank wires to off-shore brokers will likely be targeted next.

1 Like

Just half an hour ago, I made purchase in my Vload account, got emails but no pin. My credit card was charged but no pin in email, nor in my Vload account. I chat with tthem, say they have some general issue. Once solved, will send PIN. I asked refund. they say “no”.
Scam?

1 Like

try using EPAYMENT much cheaper to load money

This happened to me starting a couple of months ago. I’d make a purchase and receive no email containing the PIN number. If you log back into your Vload account, click on the profile icon (in the upper right corner), you’ll see a drop down menu… then click “my vouchers”… you should see your most recent purchase with the PIN number. You can copy it from there and paste it into a window on your brokers website to transfer the money.

I did check my account, in"my vouchers", there is order number but no PIN.
I created a ticket and received reply saying they need up to 24 hours to solve this issue and then will send me PIN.

Coinexx only accept Vload besides crypto currencies.

Weird. Sorry that I could not be of more help. :frowning:

Could you please stop trashing Turnkey. You’re mixing “real” spreads on the XXXYYY_ (underscore) symbols with some other crap. The “real” spreads (XXXYYY_) are just fine; they are not “horrible”… We can’t afford to be trashing the few brokers we have available, please.

hyperscalper

I know demo is different than real account but both of my accounts are with turnkey and I found spreads on the ecn account to be within a couple of micro Pips usually when I’ve been on.

KC

I’m using about a dozen MT4 USD Coinexx accounts, and putting in
a couple of dozen Forex trade positions in each account. While
I wish they were a bit faster in performance, overall it’s performing
just great !

I’m fine with Crypto only funds transfers, esp. considering the
“CFTC and Nanny State’s latest moves” against funds transfer agents…

[EDIT] Most of the accounts in the image are MT4 Coinexx, times
in milliseconds for trade operations, live… USD accounts running now

hyperscalper

I made my first withdrawal from Hugos Way this week via Bitcoin, it took about 24 hours from the time I initiated the withdrawal until it was in my Coinbase wallet, so not too shabby.

Granted it was a very small amount, but it’s good to know the process is drama-free.

1 Like

Anybody withdraw with Coinexx?

1 Like