Going offshore to escape the CFTC

I deleted it because i wasnt sure if this was the right thread for that post.

But when i came across that company I thought it was very interesting. They literally have a plug in call “price changer”

1 Like

Have been reading a lot of Hugosways, you still with them and are they good? from what i read they seem like a good broker for this list.

I’m with them now too, I also have another friend with them. I love the access to leveraged individual share CFDs & Crypto… so far so good, but it’s still early.

1 Like

FXCM &/or Gain were fined several years ago by the CFTC for use of those MT4 plugins.

Unregulated brokers using MT4 are like the wild wild west where anything goes… which is the main reason we need to encourage open discussion of issues like Preczau has brought to light rather than have a senior member asking for such discussions to be squelched by a moderator.

5 Likes

I agree @MrInvisible since @Nick21521 showed us what plugins are out there i think we should have open discussions and even identify similar issues of all the brokers listed here or are considering. And if the senior members here object, we can start a separate thread [ namely - QC: Going offshore to escape the CFTC ] that discusses all related issues. Only if you all concerned here agree?

Curious if you have had a chance to trade any crypto through Hugo’s Way. Some of their spreads did not look too bad, but the last time that I checked, BTC had a $10 spread. Also wondering what kind of liquidity they have. This broker is currently 2nd on my list, after Coinexx. Coinexx has lower commissions and seemingly better spreads, but Hugo’s Way offers more crypto trading pairs.

Thanks.

Back to business.

The following 6 brokers have been mentioned in this thread as possible candidates for our List.
The posts in which they have been discussed are noted below.

So far, nothing has been decided regarding these 6 brokers. We should complete our discussion of these brokers, and vote whether to add them to the List.

The minimum requirements for inclusion in the List are:

• (1) the broker will accept new U.S. resident clients
  • (2) the broker has a respectable reputation (as far as we can determine)

As always, live trading experience is the most valuable information we can use in making our assessment. If you have actual trading experience with any of these brokers, please share it here.

• ADSS
    discussed in posts #5245, #5246 and #5427

• Grand Capital
    discussed in posts #5191, #5427, #5429, #5432 and #5434

• Hugosway
    discussed in posts #5115, #5393, #5394, #5396, #5397, #5398, #5401, #5402, #5405, #5411, #5413, #5417, #5423, #5427, #5433, #5435, #5436, #5439, #5497, #5526, #5529, #5699, #5701 and #5704

• NPBFX
    discussed in posts #5316 and #5427

• NumberOneCapitalMarkets
    discussed in posts #5251, #5252 and #5427

• SFX Markets
    discussed in posts #3144 and #5517

Yes I still use them. I find them a good solid choice, had no issues.

1 Like

NOW THAT WE ARE BACK TO BUSINESS

I will volunteer to evaluate pricing and performance
for any MT4 Live account in Forex only…

Due to the lack of “sexiness”, so to speak, of Forex
these days, that may or may not be interesting
to y’all … :slight_smile:

My terms are, give me a live MT4 account’s
credentials, I’ll evaluate, and then you change
the password when it’s done…

[EDIT] needs to be MT4 ECN account variable spread
plus commission live account for my evaluation
offer, not one with commissions built into spreads…
and no demo accounts. (and I’d rather not hassle
with MT5 accounts right now…)

hyperscalper

FINPROTRADING/TURNKEYFOREX DON’T LIKE U.K. PERSONS ?

So, imagine my shock when one of my UK pals/clients tried to get
an account with FinProTrading and/or TurnkeyForex and
he tells me they refused since he was a “UK citizen”…

Colo(u)r me surprised at that one !!! I told him
"Let’s do Coinexx instead"

[EDIT] in an effort to increase my credibility, let me
quote him “More chance of hell freezing over that brexit
actually happening mate” which surprised me again, and
" Not heard of ESMA. But I found both to be very unhelpful
and got right up to the point of deposit with turnkey
until I was told ‘we don’t deal with uk clients’"
…needless to say, my reaction was “WTF” … :slight_smile:

Also, not sure how U.K. can get out of BREXIT now,
but he thinks that somehow they will… Strange

hyperscalper

Hi… the spreads for bitcoin have been out of wack since the bcash abc & sv split crash earlier this week. The spreads on the other crypto currencies have been fine.

As for liquidity… I have no idea, again with mt4 you’re blind with all these brokers since you can’t see the level II order book.

1 Like

Thanks for replying.

Regarding the order book, that makes sense. For crypto-based exchanges, it is not a problem since there are no brokers and trading is done directly on the exchange where we can see the order book.

I inquired with support at coinexx asking whether or not they publish which exchange(s) they use for trading, but was told that I would need to sign an NDA first. Whether or not anyone that requested could sign an NDA is beyond me, but would seem kind of arbitrary if so.

ESMA and the Law of Unintended Consequences

ESMA is driving EU retail traders offshore in exactly the same way that the CFTC has driven
US retail traders offshore.

Both of these Nanny Regulators (along with Her Majesty’s Nanny Regulator FCA) are responsible for unnecessary chaos and unnecessary expense in the retail spot forex market. Retail clients and retail brokers are being damaged by these idiot regulators.

Nobody believes the bullshit propaganda peddled by these regulators that they are acting to protect the interests of retail traders. On the contrary, we all know that they are acting to tighten their grip, and secure their control, over a segment of the market which functions perfectly well without their interference.

Finance Magnates published an article on Friday on the subject of (1) capital flight from ESMA-regulated forex brokers to offshore brokers beyond ESMA’s reach, and (2) the scumbag tactics employed by the EU to close off the money-transfer pathways used by EU traders to fund their offshore accounts.

Here are some excerpts

• “Several offshore brokers operating in remote jurisdictions are booking between €2 and 3 million of deposits per month from the EU. The news comes on the back of the new regulatory framework introduced by the European Securities Markets Authority (ESMA) in August.”

• “Sources with knowledge of the matter have also confirmed to Finance Magnates that several offshore jurisdictions have become very difficult to operate in. Brokers with licenses in Belize, Marshall Islands, and Vanuatu are struggling to find payment providers who can provide them with card processing services.”

• “The difficulties for brokers in getting acquirers to service their card payments needs are not deterring them from taking on business.”

• “That said, the alarming rate at which EU clients are heading offshore should be a major red flag for the ESMA.”

And here is the Finance Magnates article

3 Likes

Excellent info, I’ve always been hearing about it this but not to this degree.

SFX Markets looks interesting.

spreads from 0.1 pip
STP

“SFX Markets is a member of the Financial Commission, an independent entity that
allows customers to file complaints. Customers are protected up to 20,000 EUR
per case under the Compensation Fund.”

Max Leverage of 100:1

Personally, I use high leverage to leave less money ‘on the table’.
The more secure I think my funds are, the more willing I am to deposit more money.

Anyone have any idea how useful and effective the Financial Commission is?

EDIT: SFX Markets uses “ePayments”, a 3rd party payment processor. They allow Bitcoin funding. This is all just research, I haven’t tried it yet.

I just tried to sign up with SFX and “United States” is not on the dropdown menu to register.

because they do not accept US clients!

Would have been a very good fit for the list but they are regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 577453), Central Bank of the United Arab Emirates & Hong kong SFC. I highly doubt they’ll onboard US clients. Have sent them an email, will update if any good new but so far looks like they are not for us

I highly doubt they are onboarding US clients, they seems to be related to SFX guys. not sure though. These guys share the same address . So if SFX does not onboard US guys im assuming grandcapital will also give us a miss. !

Could be they both were registered by the same offshore company set up guy :stuck_out_tongue: & who didn’t bother to give them a unique address.

Will research on the remaining left and come back :sunglasses:

We are starting to experience choke-points in the payment-transfer pipelines to and from nearly all of our offshore brokers. The ongoing deposit/withdrawal problems at Capital City Markets (in Vanuatu) represent an extreme, recent example of this problem.

The following article in LeapRate suggests that cryptocurrency transfers – stripped of their anonymity feature – may provide an answer.

This concept, and a new service offering it called Terrexa Pay, are in the early stages of development and introduction, but the folks at Leverate* are enthusiastic about the prospects.

Here are some excerpts from the LeapRate article

• "It is a common situation faced by many Forex brokers … “Transaction Declined”.

• “The reasons are numerous. The transaction could be declined because of a client’s bank, his credit card company, or the law in the country of residence. The result is the same: your client cannot deposit funds in your brokerage’s account. Across the globe, regulatory frameworks have differing requirements, but even in more lenient regions, banks and payment service providers can implement stricter controls over different types of money transfer, classifying Forex trading and gaming as higher risk, and acting on those tighter controls.”

• “The financial world is changing, and that brings with it the ability to offer an alternative solution – cryptocurrency-based payments. Cryptocurrency enthusiasts have been promising a world without transaction boundaries since the inception of Bitcoin, but now that the cryptocurrency space and the blockchain have matured, there is finally a way to start providing safe, viable, and secure payment options through cryptocurrency.”

• “A promising alternative is a newcomer to the stage, Terrexa Pay – a crypto payment solution that aims to end the woes of payment rejection for a number of industries hampered by stringent banking rules – not only Forex, but gaming and e-commerce too.”

And here is the LeapRate article

*Note –
Don’t confuse Leverate (the fintech company) with LeapRate (the online forex news outlet).