Going offshore to escape the CFTC

My daytrading order are always chasing market type.
I mean, most of my orders are stop orders: stop entries, stop exits.
When market is moving to my stop prices,when my stops are triggered and filled, most times they are worse than my stop prices.

Correct. That is exactly what would be expected.

hyperscalper

COINEXX PERFORMANCE APPEARS SLOWED

Here are the “round trip latencies” I’m seeing on Coinexx now,
in the GBP/CAD pair; from a dedicated Amsterdam server.

These are slower than what I would like to see by a factor of 2x.
[EDIT] pls ignore the absurd artifact values where you see timings
of zero… or less than 10 msecs or so… these are just artifacts.

[edit] these are “Market” orders, but they are triggered by a computer
when price is moving “against” for positive advantageous slippage
nearly every time… So Mkt Buy’s trigger when price is moving down, etc…

[edit] MT4 instance is saying it is 9.09 milliseconds from the initial server
endpoint… so pretty close to the server.

hyperscalper

Coinexx-Performance-slower

1 Like

Not meaning to be rude, but jaysus chrispt, heard that few times before already, this thread doesn’t sees action very often and gets silent every now and then, but if someone tries to create some buzz even be it slight off topic, people seem to loose their baloneys and start policing like the nanny state does in the US, one can just look yonder or keep scrolling, no need to pay attention what these other folks are talking about. Because God forbfid if someones tries to create a worthwhile discussion that doesn’t quite fits the wide scope of offshore brokerage related topics.
This thread has 7000+ pages worth of replies over the course of nearly a decade, i am sure me and some other folks enjoy reading thoughts this community has to share that is not remotely related to gOiNg oFfShOrE tO eScApE cFtC.

2 Likes

Hey, that’s my server root password for all my machines !!
Are you a Key Logger by any chance? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m reorganizing the first 5 posts in this thread, where our List (and other info) resides.

The following changes will be made:

• In post #1, following the listing of our Group 1 brokers, I will add some Historical Notes regarding how we got to our present List of 10 offshore brokers. These Notes will replace the Links currently displayed in post #2.

• The Links in post #2 are badly out of date, and are a burden to organize and post. I will eliminate those Links. Then, I will move the list of Group 2 brokers (currently in the first portion of post #3) to post #2.

• Posts #3 and #4 will contain the entire Alphabetical List of Brokers.

• And post #5 will contain the original post #1, which began this thread nine years ago.

I hope these changes will make the Offshore Broker List a little more readable.

Along with these changes, I will wipe all the red icons indicating changes and updates made over the past several months.

7 Likes

Here’s an interesting article from Finance Magnates

That article dove-tails nicely with something I’ve been contemplating for a couple of weeks – taking a serious look at the Belize branch of the Polish broker XTB.

Many of you will recall that XTB (or X-Trade Brokers, as it was known then) was on our List several years ago. Then, like so many other brokers, XTB abruptly cancelled their U.S. clients, and we were compelled to remove XTB from our List.

Fast-forward to today, and a lot has changed – in general, in Europe – in particular, in Poland – and specifically, at XTB. I will detail a lot of this in a future post. But, for now, you might want to check out the website of XTB International Ltd – the Belize branch of XTB Group (Poland). Then, post your comments here.

EDIT — Forget XTB - My mistake - See below.

2 Likes

I just tried to sign up for an account with XTB and a pop up window came up saying sorry we don’t except clients from your country…

2 Likes

Tried signing up as well, no bueno.

1 Like

You guys are right - XTB is a waste of time - Sorry for the false alarm.

@john81az and @Cryptosurf

4 Likes

Yeah I thought it was dumb that they even offered the pull down menu option, only to be denied after submitting.

1 Like

Are they not monitoring IP addresses? Selecting a different country might work. Not sure what requirements they may have for identification verification purposes.

i tried that and all the other things that hide your IP it don’t work, even if it did and they catch you? and what will they do with your funds?

If I open an account with this broker or IC Markets with my international passport… does anyone know how to open international bank account? I am residing in the United States, but I can not open bank account in my home country because they have a lot of issues with international transfers

FXTM Broker does not allow clients from USA, but they allow deposit and withdrawl with bitcoin! so they will never know the funds are coming from usa?

are you talking about this broker

Yeah but if they required you to upload documents for a withdrawal, then you still would be screwed even with btc withdrawal.

2 Likes

DISCREET ARRANGEMENTS

One thing which has emerged from time-to-time is that these
offshore brokers are enjoined from “soliciting” U.S. persons.

Accounts which may be established through direct private
negotiations with a broker, may be more likely to see favorable
treatment.

“Unsolicited” contact with a broker may result in establishment
of a business relationship; but any broker publicly soliciting or
a website which does not implement some "geo national restrictions"
could become the target of “nanny state” attack.

Internet websites are an advertising or “soliciting” medium; and so
it is not surprising that the default public response is “no U.S. persons”…

Let’s just remember that, and also that “the nanny” is watching public
forums such as this one…

hyperscalper

etoro has open up to u.s. traders but i think only for cryptocurreny trading, here’s the link

scroll down to FAQ and click on Which states are currently supported by eToro?

EDIT: they have a very bad review history

https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-reviews/3731/www.etoro.com-forex-broker

got another broker that take u.s. traders

NOTE: look like another company that uses turnkeyfx