Going offshore to escape the CFTC

You’re a good man Clint to have in an underdog’s corner, but FXCM is no underdog. Indeed, FXCM is one of the MOST profitable FOREX brokerage houses ever and will continue to be.

The above FXCM quote is saying their DD is offered as a service(forget FXCM profiting) for traders who want tighter spreads. The traders they’re talking about are scalpers whose “primary concern” is to trade the tightest spreads possible to have a chance to close in the money. FXCM, like every other DD brokerage KNOWS, it is this category of traders(scalpers) that incur the greatest number of losing trades, hands down, thus making scalpers arguably the largest pool of the most profitable traders to trade against. And yes, FXCM within their DD platform, trade against their clients with reckless abandon. This is where they make their money. Heavy handed? I believe indeed they are, like every other Dealing Desk operation. I’m still waiting for FXCM to present any argument for traders to participate in a DD platform beyond “primary concerns”. So far there is only this carrot of tighter spreads, which frankly are easy to match from their NDD competition.

In the above FXCM quote, please notice where FXCM attempts to distinguish themselves from bucket-shops by insisting they do not manipulate. Then too, please notice where they mention not only here, but many times repeating the same text throughout their literature, “FXCM may, at our sole discretion and at any time, change your execution type to NDD”. You have to know Clint, here they are talking about scalpers who win more than lose against their FXCM DD, admitted in their own words “exposes us to more risk than we’re comfortable with”. If you or anyone, becomes unprofitable for FXCM, they WILL “manipulate” your account, if only from one type to another. Should I trust them to refrain from other forms of manipulations, with it being so easily achievable? No, not with my money.

Where I respect your commitment to what has worked for you Clint, if you drop a dollar on the sidewalk, some otherwise trusted neighbor may very well pocket it with a clear conscience. Unfortunately, the abuses we’re discussing can’t be regulated and are very simple to achieve great profits from. No other reason for offering a DD platform beyond improved spread(barely competitive with many NDD brokerages) has been attempted.

V:42:
P.S. I’m not the only trader who recognizes Dealing Desks as a corrupt business model, and it will remain a red flag for an otherwise great brokerage house.

Although i live mainly in eastern europe, being an american keeps me from these brokers. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Misugami; The simplest thing would be to open a business where ever you are at. The business is subject to the laws of the country where it resides, not the owners state of birth. Open a bank account in the name of the company and use the company to open broker accounts and any other investment dealing that you might have. The only tax you are responsible for is the money that you take out for your own use. Until it is removed, it is the property of the company and those taxes are paid to where ever you opened your company. It is a good idea to shop around for the best countries to open your small investment company in. That’s my best advice.

[QUOTE=“forex assistant;498572”]

Misugami; The simplest thing would be to open a business where ever you are at. The business is subject to the laws of the country where it resides, not the owners state of birth. Open a bank account in the name of the company and use the company to open broker accounts and any other investment dealing that you might have. The only tax you are responsible for is the money that you take out for your own use. Until it is removed, it is the property of the company and those taxes are paid to where ever you opened your company. It is a good idea to shop around for the best countries to open your small investment company in. That’s my best advice.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the response.

Doesn’t FXDD accept Americans, and it is a fairly big name along with FSA regulation?

FXDD (FXDirectDealer) is a U.S. broker, headquartered in New York. FXDD is a member of the NFA, and is regulated by the CFTC.

I am not aware of an offshore FXDD subsidiary with [I]FSA regulation.[/I] However, if there is such a subsidiary, CFTC regulations would prohibit U.S. residents from trading with that offshore subsidiary (in the same way that CFTC regulations prohibit U.S. clients of FXCM from trading with FXCM-UK, FXCM-Australia, etc.).

RE: Traders Way

I am intrigued by their ECN promotion and was curious - anybody who has used them - how difficult is it to withdraw your money?

Hello, enochbenjamin

I checked the 5 review comments included in our listing for Traders Way (on post #2 of this thread), but none of those reviews addressed the issue of withdrawal of funds. I haven’t traded with this broker myself, so I can’t give you an opinion on them.

So, your question awaits an answer.

In case you haven’t read those Traders Way review comments, here are direct links to them:

post #1316, post #1564, post #1809, post #1810, and post #1814

Clint you are truly one of the genuine good people. Thanks for taking the time to post the links - I already read the reviews in the thread, but thanks for your continued efforts.

As far as Traders Way - I think I am going to give them a go and I will report how easy hard it is to withdraw money. I tried their proprietary web trading app is lightning fast with some of the best spreads anywhere (demo anyway).

I’ll let all know in a week or two.

Looking forward to your comments. Thanks for your participation on this thread.

Hey Clint I've got another broker to add to the good guy list: Youtradefx (youtradeFX- Your Gain, Our Goal)
The new account page has the United States as the default country (https://www.youtradefx.com/en/open-forex-account), there are 4 different account types to choose from (https://www.youtradefx.com/en/forex-account-type), and they are licensed and regulated in England, Australia, and Mauritius (https://www.youtradefx.com/en/textpagetmp/regulation_and_license).

With the help of this thread I joined finfx sometime last year. Since it’s been a while I thought it might be a good idea to provide a short review for the moving offshore thread. I chose to deposit via the debit/credit card option. They also offer skrill and bank wire. Deposits are fairly swift showing up in account within 1-3 days. The only drawback is finfx charges a $30 fee for withdrawals. Which seemed a bit high for my rather small withdrawal of $100.

Even with this fee I’d still recommend finfx to anyone wishing to move their funds off shore since deposit/withdrawal’s are processed swiftly and easily.

[B]petg6,[/B]

We’ve looked at this broker previously, and found them to be pretty sketchy.

Here are two previous posts — this one and this one — where [B]YouTradeFX[/B] was discussed:

If you are interested in vetting this broker further, let me suggest that you have a “chat” with someone from each of their locations (U.K., Australia and Mauritius), and ask about the issues I raised in those two previous posts.

Specifically, find out why the United States is the “default country” on the account-opening page of all three brokers, and yet the fine print on those same pages clearly excludes U.S. residents.

If the folks at YouTradeFX-Mauritius point out to you that there is no fine print on their account-opening page, ask them about the section in their Terms and Conditions which specifically excludes U.S. residents.

Please let us know what you find out.

Thanks for this information, Johnny.

At the next update of the List (post #1 on this thread), I will add a tag referencing your post (#2023).

I’d like to hear comments from other finFX clients, on your experience with this broker.

Is anyone else put off by the $30 withdrawal fee?

Well I finally made it to page 203 of this super informative thread. First I would like to thank Clint and all the other helpful contributors that have made his forum what it is. So after reading through everything can it be agreed that as a US resident looking to take advantage of currency/CFDs/metal trading with increased leverage (greater than 50:1) our best two options reamin FinFX and Forex Broker Inc, right?

After reading and learning a great deal of all the different brokers, i try to avoid sites like forexpeacearmy bc they bash everything and seem like a bunch of cry babies over there. I would like to try and shift this thread back into the main topic and continue to look and research ways to utilize all options to best exercise any available advantages that exist. I currently use Oanda and for anyone that hasn’t tried them (their charting package sucks) but the lots are very flexible and the spreads are the lowest ive seen of any US borker (comparable if not lower than FXCM Active traders spreads). But I would like to have higher leverage and the ability to trade CFDs which is restricted for US customers. Only Oanda UK is allowed to do it.

So with regards to FinFX and Forex Broker Inc - has anyone consistently made withdraws from their accounts and not had a problem?

Are you having the money sent back to your US bank accounts? (Chase, Bank of America, etc)?

The Belize-based Forex Broker Inc comes nowhere close to the Finland-based FinFX. The Estonia-based Tallinex looks like a lot better option than the Belize shop. At least, both Finland and Estonia are the EU member states.

Hello, bhs — I’m glad to see that you’re still checking in with us from time to time.

Regarding European brokers: If you’ve looked at posts #1 and #2 of this thread recently, you probably noticed that I’ve reorganized and consolidated our listing there.

Almost 3 years ago, when we started this project, we had a decent list of U.K. and western European brokers who would deal with us. Almost all of those brokers have since fallen by the wayside. It got so bad that our [B]U.K. / Western Europe[/B] category had dwindled down to [I]one[/I] listing — FinFX in Finland.

Some would argue that geographically Finland isn’t even within “western” Europe, although politically it is aligned with the west, and is a member of the EU (but not a member of NATO).

Anyway, I decided to combine everything west of Asia and north of the Mediterranean into a single category called simply [B]Europe[/B]. Then, in an attempt to even out the length of post #1 and post #2, I moved [B]Pacific / Asia[/B] from post #1 to post #2, and moved [B]Mediterranean / Middle East / Africa[/B] from post #2 to post #1. I hope all this has made the Offshore Broker List more readable.

Over the past 3 years, Group 1 in our List has been shrinking, and Group 2 has been growing. We need to find some replacements for the brokers we’ve lost. If we do some searching, I think we should be able to find new brokers to add to our Group 1. At last count, there appeared to be over 400 retail forex brokers worldwide, of which almost 350 are outside the U.S. We’re probably overlooking some good prospects.

It occurred to me that we aren’t the only website sifting brokers to find those who will deal with us. So, I did a quick search of 4 other sites, and copied their lists of brokers who will accept U.S. clients. In my next post, I will give you those lists.

The lists are in “raw” form, unfiltered and unedited. They include U.S. brokers (which we will have to screen out), and they all include brokers which we have already vetted and eliminated from our List. Although each of these 4 lists is longer than our Offshore Broker List, I believe that ours is the most accurate of the bunch.

Nevertheless, there are brokers in these lists which we have never discussed. There are some names that I’ve never even seen before, and possibly you haven’t either. So, maybe we can get a few folks on this thread to scan these lists, and hunt for prospects for [I]our[/I] List.

Brokers who will accept U.S. clients, as listed on other websites.

These are raw lists, copied from 4 different forex websites. These lists include:

• most of the brokers we have already vetted and included in Group 1 of our List

• many brokers which we have vetted and eliminated from our List, and

• some U.S. brokers (included along with the foreign brokers)

We need to review these 4 lists, and screen out all of the above.

Then, what’s left will be a list of prospects which we should look into.

List copied from
EarnForex.com

Forex Broker Inc.
FxGlory
eToro
ACM
Alpari
CMS Forex
Forex.com
FX Solutions
GFT Forex
IBFX

Interactive Brokers
MB Trading
Oanda
RTFX
FXCM
Forex Club
MIG Bank
iForex
FXDD
VarengoldBankFX

Noble Trading
FXCM
FXD24
FXT Swiss
ATC Brokers
Windsor Brokers
FOREX UKRAINE
Bulbrokers
ATG Marketplex
Advanced Markets

CitiFX Pro
Forex Capital Trading
Global Futures
FXGM
AAAFx
Markets.com
Profiforex
FinFX
Forex-Market
uTrader

Nefteprombank
BlackstoneFX
Goldstein Brokers
Goldboro
FXVV
BeamFX
NatureForex
Vector Securities
Tallinex
UMOFX

ATIG Securities
Forex Optimum
PaxForex
FastBrokers

List copied from
100ForexBrokers.com

ADM Derivatives (ADMD)
Advanced Markets
AL Trade
Alpari US
Alpha Trading CM
Arab Financial Brokers (AFB)
AssetsFX
ATC Brokers
ATG Marketplex - Aaron Trading
Barclays Stockbrokers

Baxter FX
BeamFX
BMFN - Boston Merchant Financial
BMFN Europe
Bulbrokers
BulldogFX
CitiFX Pro
City Credit Capital UK
City Index
Citypoint Trading

CMS Forex
DormanFX
Easy Forex
eToro USA
Exto Capital
FastBrokers
Finexo
FinFX
Forex Club
Forex FS

Forex-Metal
FOREX.com
Fortress Captial
FX Choice
FX Services
FXCBS (Fienex Group)
FXCM
FXDD
FXFlat
FxGlory

FXM Financial Group
FXVV
Gain Capital Group
Goldstein Brokers
GreenFX Traders
IBFX
IHI - Investment House Int’l
Interactive Brokers
Liquidex
Lucror FX

M2 Forex
MB Trading
MRC Markets
N2 Capital Market
Noble Trading
Oanda
PaxForex
Persepolis Capital Management
PFG FX - Pro Finance Group
PipFixed

Profiforex
Real Trade
Real-Forex
Renesource Capital
Saxo Bank
Shaw Markets
SmartTradeForex
SmartTradeFX
Solidity Brokers
Strategem FX

Sun Hung Kai Forex
Swiss International (swissfs.com)
thinkorswim
TradeKing
Traders Way
TradersChoiceFX
TradeStation Securities
United Forex
UPME Group
Victory International Futures

X-Trade Brokers (XTB)

List copied from
ForexBrokerGuide.com

EXNESS
Profiforex
Forex Broker Inc
Real Trade Group
PFG Best Direct
Trading Point
IntelFX
TradeOrbitz
Traders Way
IBFX

Vantage FX
FXW
Titan Financial Group (TFG)
Back Bay FX
FX Choice
EES FX
Market Investments Team (MIT-FX)
Solidity Brokers
PipFixed Forex Broker
FIBO Group Holdings Ltd

VertiFX
Hoard-fx
Lucror Foreign Exchange
4RunnerForex
4UFX
AAAFx
GloCap Markets
4xbank
Paragon FX
Equilor Trader

IncoNeon
FXM Financial Group
AL Trade
SmartTradeFX
BTrader
2 Pip Fixed
Black Stone
Monex Investindo Futures
Advanced Markets (AMIFX)

Alpari US
eToro USA
Forex FS
Lite Forex
MB Trading
MVP Financial
WSD Global Markets
M2 Forex
Binary Options Trading
Fortress Capital

Forex Investment Pros
Frontier Forex
BMFN EAD EU

List copied from
Forex-Third-Eye.com

1pipfix
2pipfixed
4XP - Forex Place
ACM
ADM Derivatives
Advanced Markets
AFB (Arab Financial Brokers)
AL Trade
Alpari US
Apex FX Trading

ATC Brokers
ATG Marketplex
Baxter FX
Bloombex
Bulbrokers
CIM Bank
CitiFX Pro
City Credit Capital
Dorman FX
Dukascopy

Easy Forex
EFX
eToro USA
Exto Capital
FalcoFX
FastBrokers
FIGfx
Finexo
FinFX
Finotec

FOREX.com
Forex FS
Forex Ltd
Forex Metal
Forex Yard
FX Solutions
FXCM
FxCompany
FXDD
FXM Financial Group

GFT
IC Markets
IKON Global Markets
Institutional Liquidity
Interactive Brokers
Interbank FX
LiteForex
London Capital Group
Mandus Invest
Marketiva

MB Trading
MFFX
Noble Trading
Nord Markets
NTWO CM
Oanda
PFG Best
Real Forex
Real Trade Group

Renesource Capital
Saxo Bank
SmartTradeFX
Swiss
Tallinex
The Collective FX
TradeStaion Securities
UWC - United World Capital
XTB - XTrade Brokers

Great thread!!!

While researching these newly listed offshore currency brokers, if anyone discovers a US friendly broker that also offers trading in more than 6 individual US stocks, I and probably others, too would very much appreciate your telling us about the name of that broker, other than ForexCent. Good returns can be made leverage trading certain US stocks as well as currencies. In advance, thanks.

Hey Clint,
Good news. It appears SmartTradeFX is accepting US residents again. I noticed the following on their FAQ page:

“Do you accept US accounts?
Yes. We welcome US clients and accept payment in USD as well.”

SmartTradeFX - FAQ