Going offshore to escape the CFTC

I do not understand why SEC is behind all the traders who want to simple make money. First that Dodd Frank screwed up forex trading and made a nightmare for us to trade without any headache and now all this. After strangulating forex traders, seems like cryptos and everything related to cryptos is on hit list of SEC. They want to regulate, sorry “regulate” world will be inappropriate, they want to “control” everything which lets us make money. Regulating crypto market is all what is on their mind as of now. We are well educated humans who knows about the risks involved whenever we enter into anything then why all this? I do not understand at all!

You know, SEC is keeping a close eye on these ICOs now. It has also lodged inquiries in the past about ICOs as they believed many token sales and ICOs might be violating the securities laws. SEC has been fumbling lately on how to regulate these ICOs as they do not fall under the meticulous scrutiny like IPOs. Infact SEC has also suspended activities of some companies due to unclear associations with cryptocurrency and crypto business.

@scalpingjack and I believe regulation will swipe more capital out of the market instead of adding more (from the traders who are sitting sidelined)

@Rushilsmith, @scalpingjack as of today, my pending withdrawal dated Feb 9th has disappeared from the withdrawal list and the chat box appeared when I used a different wifi/ip address. They have already withdrawn money from my trading accounts on Feb 15th. They are escalating the issue to compliance now. Just to let @Rushilsmith know, I don’t work for any broker. I have Forex.com account in USA and Finpro trading.

So They withdrew money from your account and now “They” escalated it to “Their own” compliance. How dramatic is that :wink: , dont worry we dont think you work for another broker.

We have other brokers on our top list as well, you have any thoughts about them ?

My best wishes for your endeavours

indeed. Just how CFTC protects us in forex trading :wink:

@whywescalp Finpro trading was my first exposure to non-US broker. I not not going to open in an unregulated firm any more and am trying to open an offshore company (probably UAE since I know people who own businesses there) so that I can open a trading account in regulated non-US broker and have safety of my funds. In touch with IC Marktets and they did say that I can open a corporate trading account with them based in UAE.

Update regarding Finpro trading, I got email from compliance regarding submitting my bank statement, 3 year tax return, Account summary from other forex trading account for last 6 months and “No Objection Certificate” from my current employer. Will be sending them asap so that I can access my funds in Finpro.

Swissquote I think accepts US clients now

Update on brokers supporting cryptos as funding options:

I just had a chat with turnkeyforex guys. They said they might support other crypto currencies including litecoin, ripple and bitcoin cash for account funding in near future. Infact they also mentioned that they might start offering bitcoin denominated accounts as well. Isn’t that a good thing a good broker like turnkeyforex with amazing spreads and execution speed with low commission on the top will offer BTC denominated accounts, would be the best if they can add cryptos for trading too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Excellent update, Andrew.

Did they give a timeline as to when we can expect the acceptance of other crypto to fund our trading accounts?

Trade Well
-Don

Sounds like you got nailed for some kind of KYC/AML review. Any idea what might have triggered this? Please let us know so we don’t make the same mistake :skull_crossbones:

You may be right about Swissquote.

I went to their website and probed their account-opening procedure.

Before I got started, I encountered this page (click the image to enlarge it):

I continued to the application pages, filling in personal data, including: Nationality - United States, and my residence address in the United States. Swissquote accepted this portion of the application. So far, so good.

I stopped short of giving Swissquote my tax I.D. information. Having refused to provide that information, I was not able to continue.

Before deleting all the information I had already filled in, and exiting the site, I took a screen-shot of this “Declaration” (as before, click the image to make it more readable):

It’s interesting that Swissquote makes a point of saying:

• (1) that they do not advertise in the U.S. market, and they do not solicit U.S. clients, but

• (2) if you are a U.S. client of Swissquote, they will hand all your information over to the IRS

now turnkey accepts U.S residents, correct I get conflicting reviews?

I don’t think we ll see it, FX market threatens wall st and futures market, CFD’s why buy shares when u can trade a CFD, say goes for futures contracts

yea that article is fictional if u read all the way through

They have not given any specific timeline as such, just mentioned few weeks…

Yes, Turnkeyforex accepts US clients

Potential bad news for FCA-regulated STP/ECN brokers.

We need to find out whether this will have any impact on our two UK brokers –

Finpro Trading and Turnkey Forex **(both STP/ECN, but not FCA-regulated).**

Ben from Turnkey says they are not affected by it. I’ve been leaning towards towards setting up an account with them. I got a little skittish of LMFX after I got the details for wire transfer and it had this in there twice:

We would kindly ask that you do not state “Forex/Investment/Stock trade/Foreign exchange/Currency trading” or anything finance related in the Wire Transfer form, or else your funds might bounce back to your bank account.

I don’t like to lie or be dishonest so I asked them for some suggestions (it wasn’t Maria), I was told, “anything else.” I know they switched banks/beneficiary, assuming to fix some of the withdrawal problems, but it scared me off.

2 Likes

Like philsimon24, I also talked to Turnkey Forex, and they said they are not affected by the FCA compliance upgrade. Here’s their reply:

Thank you for contacting Turnkey Forex!

In regard to your query we would like to inform you that we are not regulated by FCA, so the article you have mentioned with regard to FCA does not affect us.

Let’s hope for smooth sailing.

I know this is not a VPS thread but quick question- Does your statement of using Windows 2008 versus Windows 2012 still hold true?