Going offshore to escape the CFTC

@_METHOS I Concur with you on this one for sure.

Yeah, I noticed that the spreads were not that great to begin with, but just assumed that it was only temporary. Knowing that these gaps are permanent makes the decision easy for me. HW support has stated their reasoning, using the added argument that the live spreads are published on their website.

However, I feel that it is important to note, that, as a trader, this kind of information should be clearly laid out. It is important for traders to be able to make informed decisions when choosing a broker. It is also important to establish a level of trust, given the nature of the service that they are providing. By not clearly disclosing something like this, traders may feel deceived. In my case, knowing this beforehand, would have saved me a great deal of time.

To be honest, I am not overly bothered by the lack of transparency. I am just bummed that I will not be able to trade crypto with them. Oh well, maybe it is time to make the jump to FX.

1 Like

This was a very solid response honestly. I wish brokers would be more transparent. We are the paying customers and shouldnā€™t have to jump through hoops to figure out information that should be easily found on their respective websites. Especially when it comes to spread they know as traders we are looking for the lowest spread possible. The fact that you had to jump through loops just to figure out that portion is definitely discerning. Always making sure due diligence is exercised with ANY broker is recommended. I donā€™t care how long theyā€™ve been in the game it just takes one bad move to mess you up.

1 Like

Yeah. At those gaps, you are giving away 22% of your profits automatically if you use max leverage, and that is not even factoring in commissions.

Yes Exactlyā€¦I would not trade on a 22% + Commission Markupā€¦It is just not at all logical or advisable for any profitable trading if ANYā€¦Hugoā€™s way are a No-No at these high Markups

1 Like

ā€¦on a personal noteā€¦
I feel like the ā€œold manā€ who sticks with mainstream
FX (Forex) and hasnā€™t ā€œmoved onā€ to greener pasturesā€¦

But FX is ā€œmatureā€ and thereā€™s huge opportunity, so
I donā€™t see the need to look over the fence to see
whether ā€œthe grass is greenerā€ :slight_smile:

hyperscalper

1 Like

When I was your age, we didnā€™t have any fancy Cryptocurrencies!!!
No, we had clay tablets scribed by the high priests at the temple!!!
We had to walk from Kish to Ur to trade clay tablets carrying all currencies on our backs.
Talk about high leverage!!!
It was uphill, in the snow, both directions and we liked it just fine that way!!

Pairs included
Kish/Ur
Goat/Kish
Ox/Ur

:smiley:

Couldnā€™t resist an attempt at some comic relief hereā€¦

I trade both Forex and Crypto. I find that I get stopped out less in Forex than in Crypto. Some of the price swing spikes I see in Crypto are pretty intense.

3 Likes

You just made me think of something preczauā€¦

My trading system relies on a lot of historical data and calculation which I keep managed via spreadsheets and feed into my EA daily. Each broker is going to have different tick data, meaning different bar sizes, meaning different spreadsheets and calculations for each. Iā€™ve contacted my programmer to see what can be done but I donā€™t see how Iā€™ll get around having to maintain a duplicate number of spreadsheets for each extra broker. This would be a daunting proposition.

I am sad againā€¦

LAF

Ummā€¦ at least in Forex we donā€™t see enough variation to
really get concerned about it. And I do scalpingā€¦ Surely
youā€™re exaggerating the precision youā€™ll be needing, and
the significance of any pricing variations?.. or not?

[EDIT] I mean any significant pricing variations give rise to
arbitrage, which Iā€™d think would reduce variability; thatā€™s at
least what happens in mainstream Forex pairs.

hyperscalper

Evolve are blocking US IPs for new signupsā€¦ VPN/VPS gets past that stage

as for Hugoā€¦ so far they have been fine & my eggs are spread to 5 other baskets.

Yeah, switching your IP address does generally remove many
of the geolocation restrictions. However, then there is the
escalation of the new Google reCaptcha; as it recognizes
youā€™re using a VPN (through sophisticated algos only Google
would typically have) or accessing a given service from many
different IPā€™s (obviously a factor in cyber crime)ā€¦

Iā€™ve even had Credit Cards declined in the payment for
server hosting, with the hosting service detecting that I
am using a VPN (I use NordVPN) and not telling me
why the charges are being declined. When asking, they
suggested ā€œdonā€™t try to pay while using a VPNā€; again,
because they are having issues of cyber fraudā€¦

And Iā€™m only doing what an increasing number of security
conscious internet users are doing; which is to encrypt via
a VPN so that my ISP canā€™t ā€œscrapeā€ data about my usage
and sell it off like every other entity on the net tries to do !!!

[EDIT] But with regard to blocking U.S. persons; I think it ultimately
comes down to ā€œnot solicitingā€ U.S. persons, especially via public
websites. Rather, I believe many of these brokers accept
"unsolicited" business from us; but do not want to make it
appear that they are ā€œsolicitingā€ our business !! HECK, I know
a U.S. guy who gets Australian mainstream brokers to accept
him, and it comes down to personal negotiation often, as opposed
to purely website contact ā€¦

hyperscalper

1 Like

Itā€™s an off the shelf trade copier called Auto Trade Copierā€¦ it offers several different options to copyā€¦ scaled by position size ratio, balance, multiplier or static lot size specific to each slave account

1 Like

My TP/SL are pretty huge in crypto (i really only need 5:1) so i didnā€™t notice a difference in spreads other than BTC starting last week.

To be honest, I really donā€™t have a problem with their response. They actually confirmed to you what is happening. We have no idea what other brokers are doing with the raw aggregated feeds from their LPs since we have no access to them to make comparisons.

One of the main uses of the mt4 plugins on the broker side was to pad spreads.

Ultimately every trader will make a decision on what is best for their personal situation. For me personally, I could trade crypto @ 3:1 with tighter spreads or trade elsewhere with higher leverage but with wider spreads and make more money.

I might be exaggerating but I trade mostly exotics. How would you arbitrage spot prices between two Forex brokers?

I have noticed quite a difference between FxChoice and Finproā€™s historical prices at times. I am trading higher time frames so maybe at the 1min level you wouldnā€™t see as much variation.

Indeedā€¦the same thing can be said about crypto exchanges that are concerned about ā€˜the appearance of complianceā€™. It also does not hurt them to know that they can use it as justification for taking full control of your funds and terminating your account at the drop of a hat if they need to, as it typically violates terms of use and would likely void any agreements.

I did not really have a problem with their response, but with the circumstances that lead to arriving at that response. I think that being open and upfront is not the same as an admission of guilt after evidence has been provided. Many traders would likely agree that the details regarding their heavy spread markups is something that should be disclosed upfront. They advertise their low commission fees, but make no mention of their adjusted spreads. If you trade cryptocurrency through them, using max leverage, you are automatically giving them 22% of your profits. At that point, the cost of the commission is meaningless by comparison. It is understood that some brokers charge a commission, some pad spreads and some do both ā€“ but that kind of information should be clearly laid out, upfront. Just my opinion.

I have given my thoughts on the matter in my other posts, but overall, I am personally more bummed that I will not be able to trade crypto through them. I prefer to keep my account balances low when trading through a crypto exchange or via an unregulated broker, so I require higher leverage as a result. There are other brokers, fortunately, so I will not lose any sleep over it.

1 Like

My point was that the professional HFT arbitragers would
already have eliminated profit opportunities in Forexā€¦

I donā€™t think retail connections would permit profiting from
pricing differences among brokers; and I never tried to use
any arbitraging strategy, so I havenā€™t thought it throughā€¦

As to the mechanics of such a thing, youā€™d do it
with simultaneous connections, as with NJ4X and custom
coordination among the brokers, of course; but, again,
I just donā€™t think there would be
any opportunity thereā€¦ Since I donā€™t trade ā€œexoticā€ pairs,
maybe there is something there; although I doubt itā€¦

There would be too much slippage at the volumes youā€™d
need to push in order to hope to profit from any theoretical
arb possibility, Iā€™d sayā€¦ Thereā€™s more money to be made
in micro scalping within a single broker, Iā€™d sayā€¦
ā€¦not much of an answer to your questionā€¦

[EDIT] Forex Arbitrage

hyperscalper

It used to be that arbitrage was fairly common and doable with crypto. I do not know if that has changed yet or not. Since you are trading directly on the exchange and can quickly and easily transfer your funds, all you really need are the accounts set up and a good bot to automate the process. I spoke with a fellow that was doing manual transfers and was able to make good returns with deep price disparities.

Exactlyā€¦This is Admission of Guiltā€¦ it took @_METHOS to go through and check the details to finally making them admit that Hugos way were marking up spreads and then charge commissions on top of the Marked up spreads as wellā€¦

1 Like

Back to Business - once again

If you have the time and the inclination to contribute to this thread, please help vet the following
raw list of broker names.

Your task, if you choose to participate, is simply to determine:

Is this a retail spot forex broker who will accept new US clients?

Thatā€™s it, for the first step ā€“ no need to delve into trading conditions (spreads, commissions, etc.)
at this stage.

Donā€™t be surprised if 9 out of 10 (or more) of the brokers listed below do not pass our first screen (welcoming US clients). However, see the note at the bottom of this post.

Screening and sorting the hundreds and hundreds of brokers out there is the primary business of this thread. If youā€™re ready to get back to business, please pitch in.

24 option
8Cap

A-Markets
Anzo Capital
ATFX
Axiory
AXI Trader

BCapitalsFX
Binomo

Century Financial Brokers LLC
CMTrading

DeltaFX
DubaiFXM
Dupli Trade

easyMarkets

ForexMart
Formax
ForTrade
fpmarkets
FXb
FX Giants
FXNobel

Gerchik & Co.

Henyep Capital Markets Ltd
HotForex
HYCM (is this the same as HY Markets?)

Ibinex
IFC Markets
iForex
InvestingPro
iq option

Juno Markets
Just Broker
JustForex

KVB Kunlun

Land-FX
LCG
Libertex

MatadorPrime
Milton Markets
MTrading
MYFX Markets

Noor Capital PSC
Nord FX (is this Nord Markets?)

OlympTrade
Orbex
Orient Financial Brokers

Persepolis Capital Management
Plus500

Q8 Trade

RallyTrade

Saxo Bank Dubai Ltd
SimpleFX
Spot International
StarfishFX
STForex - Straight Through Forex
Swiss Markets

TeleTrade
TitanFX
Trade360
TradeView
TrioMarkets
TTCM Investment

ufx (is this UpFX?)

ValuTrades
Vestle

Z.com Trade
ZuluTrade

Note:

Keep in mind that we are finding that some shrewd offshore brokers have a publicly-stated position
(no US clients), and an actual position (low-profile US clients, who come in under the radar, are welcome). We should identify such brokers, and investigate them further.

3 Likes