Going offshore to escape the CFTC

Trying to sign up with FXBrew and getting this:

Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from client.fxbrew.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more
NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID

Proceed or…?

P Spencer 16:05
Hi, I am sorry there is some maintenance work going on client portal. It will be active in next few hours.

You can leave your name and email address and some one from our team will contact you to register you
Visitor 16:06

I’ll just check back in a few hours. Thanks.

LAF, I did not get that and have both a demo and live account. Interesting…
Please keep us posted as I have verified my account and am ready to wire funds! Thanks!

I would suggest having a chat with Coinexx online or submitting a ticket about that withdrawal. I vote for “glitch”. I have about a dozen Coinexx accts… sometimes there is a glitch.

hyperscalper

1 Like

Just chatted with LMFX:

What are the available ways to fund the account. Types of Crypto, etc.
Leo Jefferson 16:50
The only available funding methods for US clients are Vload, Wire Transfer, and via American Express. And no, we do not support crypto currencies.
16:50
Ok.
Commissions are 4 per lot is that round turn or each side?
Leo Jefferson 16:51
The commission for the Zero account is charged once when you open the trade and once when you close it. So $8 per lot traded per round turn.
16:52
Any way to get that lower?
Leo Jefferson 16:52
I’m afraid not.
16:52
Okay. TY

3 Types of accounts Zero, Prem, and Fixed. Premium has 1:1000 leverage lol.

I always go with the lowest spread (in this case zero account) even though I am a bit of a swing trader (medium time-frame charts). I just don’t trust spreads set by the broker, especially when they approach my stops.

Testing a deposit on LQDFX:

This is what I received when pretending to initiate a deposit. So we can’t use Coinbase for everything?

LQDFX
deposit5000 USD
Do not pay this invoice from Coinbase wallet or a bitcoin exchange account. Exchanges and especially Coinbase do not broadcast the bitcoin payment in time, thus resulting in failure. Use the following bitcoin wallets instead: Trezor, Copay, Electrum, Greenadress.

I saved these instructions from SmallPaul and MrInvisible. I assumed everything Crypto-wise could be handled by Coinbase but it appears this isn’t so? It appears I also need a wallet JUST for depositing to brokers?

Some on here have mentioned Gemini as an alternative to Coinbase. It appears Gemini think highly of their wallet…

If I start using Gemini instead of Coinbase, can I still deposit to Coinexx and others at little to no cost using something similar to the Coinbase to Coinbase pro method or will I need both “coin handlers” for differing brokers? sigh

you can use coinbase pro to deposit to coinexx but you need a wallet to deposit to LQDFX

I would register to both Coinbase and Gemini. I use Gemini because Coinbase never got back to me about my account they flagged for logging in while in a different country. They said they would escalate it after waiting about 6 months for a response lol…

Coinbase has USDC, and Gemini has Gemini USD which are both accepted by Coinexx. I am not sure about Coinbase Pro, but with Gemini there is a wallet that you can use. In one step with Gemini you withdraw your USD which gets converted into GUSD, and sends it to the address you input. (It’s on the Ethereum blockchain, so it’ll be an ETH address)

@lickit Coinbase Pro is basically the rebranding of GDAX that was owned by Coinbase only. It works as centralized exchange and has some additional features that GDAX did not have.
By the way which do you think is better- Coinbase or Gemini?

Coinbase has the better functionality, features and volume. I’ve given up on getting my account back because they’ve been unresponsive to my issue. Gemini has actually responded to me in a reasonable amount of time for customer support, so it’s good to know I can actually get in correspondence with someone in case I need to.

Turnkey Forex promotion!

I missed a call from these guys so they sent me an email:

I tried calling on your phone, unfortunately there was no answer.
Please reply back with a suitable time to contact you on call.

I would also like to inform you of our ongoing promotion.
Turnkey has launched a commission free promotional campaign for its valued clients.

Open & Fund your live account and get commission free trading for 30 days from the day of funding. Terms & Conditions Apply!

The Process:
1. Open an ECN Account or Fund an existing account
Deposit a minimum of $2500 or equivalent to your trading Account
Mention this offer to us, by either sending an email on [email protected] or on Live Chat
Your trades will be commission free for 30 days from the day of funding.

You can’t beat free!!! Sign up now lol. (not a paid sponsor) :slight_smile:

-LAF

FXBrew’s site is working normally now. I just registered. I also spoke with a rep and got some confirmation on commissions, server time and location.

Hi there, time zone is GMT+2 and servers are located in Amsterdam, LD4 and Washington DC

Our standard commission charges are $2 per $100K round turn for ECN account

LD4 = London

keep us updated on your experience, good bad, deposits and withdrawals

LQDFX is GMT0… Sunday bars! Ewwww.

ECN commission is 3.50 both sides so 7.00 full turn. Servers are in London.

GMT0 is a dealbreaker for me and my robot though.

How about UBCFX (St. Vincent and the Grenadines)? please advise

Does anybody have guidance on some of the best times (lowest volatility periods) to transfer funds via Crypto? I know some brokers allow stable currency choices but others allow only Bitcoin.

The hedging idea is okay but not a complete solution as you don’t know exactly when your dollars are in or out of Crypto while in process correct?

My goal was to have 5 brokers to diversify my “broker risk”. This is where I’m at right now.

Brokers are listed in descending order starting with highest preference/lowest commission rate.

1. Coinexx (2.00 RT)
  2. Turnkey (2.00 RT)
  3. FXBrew (2.00 RT)
  4. FXChoice (6.00 RT - after depositing 10,001, otherwise 7.00 RT)
  5. LMFX4 (8.00 RT)

I’d really like to replace LMFX because their commission is a bit rich, but getting an average of 4.00 per lot RT across 5 brokers is not bad at all. I’ll think of it as an insurance cost.

9 pm to midnight give or take, especially on friday nights, but much less sunday nights chicago time are when crypto is really quiet, it can be pretty quiet around 2- 4 pm on weekdays. Saturdays are unpredictable and bot driven, asia open sunday is not a good time at all. and definitely not chicago new york morning session. regarding transfer of bitcoin

1 Like

And my goal is to make BOTs that make money, that’s hard enough,
and to stop worrying about the
increasing unavailability (decreasing availability) of brokers
we have to choose from, so heavy on Coinexx and
trying to get more people to support Turnkey. (I am sorry about the
others, but I just don’t deal with diversity very well.)

[EDIT] In my defense (lol) I meant Diversity in Brokers and
their variously diverse methods of doing business… And
I’ve never, e.g. been in blackface or anything un-PC in my life !!! :wink:

hyperscalper