up production with my favorite offshore brokers, but… I have to
consider what would I need to do, if I were forced to use
a U.S. broker so just posting this comparison article
which is likely to be quite unbiased for your consideration:

If I had to move onshore, then I would need to reshape code to
respect FIFO and of course lose 10x leverage for the
smaller accounts, etc… Both offer MT4…
More of a "gedanken experiment"
than anything else for me, at this time…

[EDIT] Focus exclusively on what IG’s MT4 offers…
Overall, it looks workable; but is extremely disappointing
with restrictions on MT4 Limit placements, FIFO, Fixed Spreads
with poor pricing (commissions in spread), etc.
But it’s a starting point for me to see
what I could do to accommodate such a trading environment.
Really makes you appreciate what Coinexx and others are
currently offering !! :slight_smile:

hyperscalper

1 Like

I found a couple more brokers you guys can check out

https://www.n1cm.com/

https://xtreamforex.com/index.html

1 Like

Number 1 Capital Markets N1CM

https://www.n1cm.com/en/about-us

Vanuatu broker. I have no experience with them.

[EDIT] I see on their Account Types - Number One Capital Markets Ltd.
page that they have unrestricted limit/stop placements
and true ECN variable spread with $5 / round turn ?
costs, so that’s all good.

[EDIT2] How To Deposit - Number One Capital Markets Ltd.
shows a wide range of funding options… plus I see
high leverages, etc. so no show stoppers so far…

[EDIT3] I submitted questions to them concerning
MT4 trade server location, market fill latencies, and
commission costs, so let’s see what they say…

hyperscalper

2 Likes

XtreamForex

I looked over their site, and didn’t see any problematic
issues. Looks like maybe Marshall Islands for regulation,
and did not appear to block U.S. persons…

Spreads looked a bit higher, but you can’t know unless
have a real live account. $7 / round trip ? Anyway,
nothing seemed to be an immediate show stopper to me…

Happy to have these additional broker options !!!
Thanks @SmallPaul !

hyperscalper

1 Like

i figure you would be the one who look into these brokers, thanks for the info it’s all about team work :nerd_face:

1 Like

some reviews on XtreamForex and Number 1 Capital Markets N1CM

https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-reviews/12999/xtreamforex-forex-brokers

https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-reviews/14053/n1cm-forex-brokers

hello Hyperscalper, why use LTC over GUSD or USDC for coinexx deposits? is there faster handling time for LTC over fiat-tethered crypto?
sorry for these nonsense question, I am contemplating opening an account with coinexx but I have never dealt with crypto denoted broker before.

Just open a USD account, and fund with LTC or similar crypto.
The implementation details of their USD accounts, as in what
"backs" their USD accounts, I just haven’t looked into that.

If it looks, acts and spends like USD then, to me, it’s USD ! :slight_smile:

hyperscalper

1 Like

N1CM BROKER REPLY TO QUESTIONS[

quote=“HyperScalper, post:7101, topic:35612”]
…I submitted questions to them concerning
MT4 trade server location, market fill latencies, and
commission costs, so let’s see what they say…
[/quote]

For me, it is good that their trade servers are in the
Netherlands, since that is my preferred colocation.
Consistency <250 msecs is pretty good for a retail
Forex broker.
hyperscalper

Here is their reply:
"Hello,
Thank you for reaching out to us, our servers are located in the Netherlands. At N1CM 99% of trades are executed in less than 250 ms.
For all further inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact.
Sincerely
N1CM
+44 203 150 1310 "

COINEXX INTRODUCING 2FA FOR WITHDRAWAL AUTHORIZATION

They are beefing up security requiring an email account
authorization before any withdrawals can be taken,
for security purposes. Coinexx portal logins will require
clients to make a one-time password change.

[EDIT] Google Authenticator is available as an option
for further security. Perhaps it is not an email confirm…

[EDIT2] So clarifying, Coinexx will require a confirmatory
email response for Withdrawals by default; and Google
Authenticator is an optional additional security measure.
The email confirmation was only recently put into force,
and I am aware of a person whose account contents
were emptied probably by a Key Logger interception of
the email and password portal credentials :frowning:
That should not be possible now.

hyperscalper

1 Like

Awesome stuff. Coinexx is ranking their way up in my list of brokers. thanks for keeping updates on them and all other brokers!

I am still using them without issue.

1 Like

"In accordance with applicable rules and regulations laid out by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, n1cm.com is not permitted to accept any customers from the United States. "

https://www.n1cm.com/en/faq

AT first glance this may not seem related, but in reality I’m pretty freaked out. I figured this was the place to mention it because of our awareness of these international laws. It’s the proposed FATF recommendations to the 36 involved countries and the proposed FinCin changes for American cryptocurrencies MBS classification in regards to banking secrecy. I fear that they could exert pressure even more so on over sea exchanges to ban Americans even harder, and to effectively put an end to anonymous cryptocurrencie exchanges. They want to require money transmitters to know who is sending money to the exchange, and who owns the receiving wallet. It’s basically going to largely invalidate the purpose of cryptocurrencies. It’s also technically not possible with the blockchain, but they are using circumvention by tracking and black listing people who aren’t ‘registered’, enforcing international policing to make crypto money transmitters become ‘licensed’. It’s the FATF’s plan to essentially exclude wallets it can’t audit (say maybe a bunch of money from coinexx suddenly sets off internal flags and now you can’t use bitcoin atm’s or bitpay or coinbase or any american service (and most euro services). It all just seems to be headed in a bad direction.

https://www.fincen.gov/sites/default/files/2019-05/FinCEN%20Guidance%20CVC%20FINAL%20508.pdf

the men who own the world central banks are clapping down, they hate when money moves around with out them.

Let me shamelessly plug Wikipedia here:

hyperscalper

Law Enforcement will go after money laundering and they should continue to do so. Soceity needs to stop terrorists from blowing up innocent people. This isn’t the problem. The problem is the draconian prohibitions imposed on legitimate businesses.
We traders should not be in a position where we need to jump through hoops to transfer money in the first place.
Thanks for sharing these interesting developments that affect Forex traders, but they should not affect us at all. We are Forex traders, not terrorists.

2 Likes

don’t be fool after 9/11 the U.S. use that to crack the bank Bank secrecy laws in other countries, even switzerland folded under pressure so what start as we fighting terrorist always end up with another hidden agenda

I even posted similarly in bitcointalk forum and the admin deleted my mention of bitmex kyc. I can’t condone anyone to break bitmex tos and do things under the table, but I know it is not against the law, only against TOS. Forced KYC on anonymous crypto exchanges will create a very dangerous cascade of legal precedent and hurt American traders like myself a great deal. Just because some futures and forex are available does not mean I enjoy being forced out of the entire bitcoin economy by perversions of the bank secrecy act and being denied access to the greatest financial opportunity of my generation. I have an incentive to take risks because it supercedes their perceived definitions of things. I have to remind folks that in America, american citizens have no greater leverage than 5x on kraken, or 10x on fxchoice. That is unacceptable. I can’t tell people to circumvent laws or TOS, but I know what I am going to do. But it is tiresome, which is why I’m looking into making and IBC to register as a foreign entity to various brokerages. Most of this forum concerns options to retail traders, but the best true solution is to be a paid officer to a foreign entity. Which involves legal shell companies and trusts. Unforuntately living in Europe is getting more desirable, if you have to do it to chase crypto business opportunity.

A lot can be said about this topic, especially when considering multiple perspectives, but I’ve just not had the time to write anything up on it. In short, however, all of the crypto exchanges that are really worth mentioning already reject US traders, so I am not so sure that much would change. Most do not require KYC and use basic IP detection as a deterrence, unless you want to work with fiat, so workarounds still exist - for now. In order for things to change, these sweeping security laws would have to apply to all traders, not just US-based traders, which /is/ a possibility, considering the intent of these measures. So, any exchanges that sought to dodge compliance in this area would need to be operating out of a jurisdiction that afforded them that choice.

This leads me to the underlying question…what about trading via brokers? I know that Hugo’s Way makes their crypto trades (supposedly) through Bitfinex, for example, which does not allow US traders. In such a case, I do not see their exchange requiring KYC documents from all traders that make trades through the broker’s API. So, would the broker start requiring KYC from all traders that wished to trade crypto? Probably not. But I can only guess on that.

I just read an article that CoinBase was looking at incorporating margin-based trading, in an effort to compete with BitMex. CoinBase operates inside of the US, so it will be interesting to see what comes from this. I will not get my hopes up, as I suspect that the offerings will be horrible, but that’s just me.

We are fortunate to have choices outside of cryptocurrency, that afford us more options and flexibility. Things could be better, admittedly, but there has never been a better time to get into trading.

For me, if push came to shove, then I have few reservations about moving overseas, should my trading volume grow to a point that made such a decision justifiable. I might even consider dual citizenship or renouncing US citizenship if I was doing really, really well.

Objectively speaking, if we look at the bigger picture, the idea of having oversight and control for the sake of security makes sense on the surface. After all, I doubt anyone here would argue against that reasoning. However, things are never that simple. Everything always circles back to sacrificing freedom for security, and if history has taught us anything, we all know how this plays out.

So, while we do not and should not have a problem with stopping criminals, we absolutely should not ignore what this could eventually mean for non-criminals.