Going offshore to escape the CFTC

Less than 10 symbols and same setup on both accounts.
One works one doesn’t.
I use MT5 at coinexx, but MT4 at FXchoice.
This is only difference.

MT5 is a huge memory hog, since I run NJ4X which
creates individual process instances, and I had to drop
back to MT4 since MT5 was such a hoglet, and uses
RAM like Trump uses Twitter… (whatever that means…)

That explains the Coinexx disadvantage in your case,
at least to my satisfaction. Far less consistent than MT4.

[EDIT] just check this out MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5 Memory and Data Loading Management Comparison - MetaTrader 5 - General - MQL5 programming forum

[EDIT2] This is the horrible prospect which faces my operation,
that MetaQuotes is forcibly discontinuing MT4, and that means I’ll
have to provide 3-4x the memory on my servers if I’m forced to
use MT5… which is unfortunately inevitable… :frowning:

hyperscalper

For the same pairs, FXchoice swap cost is 3 times that of coinexx.

Yes, I remember I used to use MT4 at coinexx, the quote was much better than MT5 during big news time. But still there was slight delay.

But for my trading MT5 is much more convenient and useful than MT4.

If you’re trading 4 million+ dollars profitably on high leverage currencies, SmallPaul, then that of course is really impressive, especially if you started with a tiny amount less than 5 years ago.

1 Like

ugh i hope they dont discontinue mt4, i can’t find a bot for mt5 that does what hedge ea does

You can find people to port them over on the various, Metatrader forums. If it’s profitable for you, might be worth the investment.

Friendly advice from personal experience… If you rely on it, get a version working on another platform now while you have the old one to compare it against. This will give you time to adjust and perfect the new one. Never allow a single point of failure…

i noticed you didn’t mention TradersWay or Turnkey in your list – can you share your personal experience with them?

my main broker is FX Choice, looking to branch out soon

tradersway is ok but to many fake spikes and other little things, i was with them for a few years i never funded my turnkey forex account after talking with trader that got rip off by them.

10:32am off to bed been up all night

I enjoy trading Crypto pairs so it is a must for me tbh

1 Like

Yeah same here. It was either this or hugosway

If brokers that offer crypto trading want to be taken seriously, then they need to stop it with the wide spreads. Crypto traders can trade directly on exchanges, with leverage, without that nonsense. Currently, they are likely only grabbing a small portion of the market due to this very reasoning. You cannot scalp with decent leverage when you have to first overcome spreads that would be larger than your take profit point.

Yes and that’s why I like crypto rocket and hugosway since they have some of the best spreads on crypto and 30+ pairs.

Yea, that card was convenient lol I just transfer my funds to PayPal now

Hugosway is awesome, that’s my current broker

How have your withdrawals been with them? Any large amounts or problems? I really love coinexx but their crypto spreads are so trash and I would like to trade both forex and crypto

Just my opinion, but those spreads are not great. Last time I checked, you were automatically forfeiting 22% of your profits, from spreads alone, when using max leverage (Hugo’s Way). That does not even take into account any trading fees.

If you trade on an exchange, however, you may not even see any spreads, and your fees may actually be negative (credit), if you use limit orders.

1 Like

Excuse my ignorance. Never traded on the exchange so I don’t know how that works. Does it work like MT4? Where I can buy a certain amount on x leverage and get the gains? If you don’t want to explain no problem! If you could point me in the direction I could learn that would be great. I had been looking at exchanges for investing. But I did want them to have fiat since I’m a trader and want to cash out. I was looking at Bitstamp and bittrex. I’ve only been demo trading the major so xrp, eth and some btc

Depending on what you are looking for, some exchanges have more options than others. Regarding MT4, some exchanges allow third-party platforms and trading bots to be used via an API, but access via MT4 is not very common (that I have seen, anyway). You can trade with leverage on exchanges that offer that. For those that do, you can usually choose the position size and the leverage amount, in lieu of being locked into a specific leverage for the entire account.

Some exchanges have fiat, but they may not be the best choice since they typically do not offer high leverage and will require KYC that usually prohibits US traders. The better exchanges also do not usually allow US traders, but they do not require KYC, and can be easily accessed by way of VPN.

The exchange does not have to offer fiat in order to cash out. You can deposit and withdraw cryptocurrency and cash out in other ways, or use crypto pay cards or some other form of purchase method to spend your crypto.

Depositing/withdrawing using crypto carries many benefits. To name a few…anonymity, fast and super cheap transfer as well as circumvention from heavy-handed regulatory efforts that may prohibit you from receiving your money. Ultimately, it affords you more control over your own money. The flip-side to that, is that you are also more responsible for securing and managing your own funds. As such, if you send your money to the wrong address or are careless with your passwords etc., then you may be at risk of losing your money, with no one to blame but yourself and no insurance in place to recover your funds.

Bitmex is probably the biggest exchange, currently, but there are others that are showing dominance. I will not name them, since you can use google to find them and learn about them. I, and many others, have stopped using Bitmex because there are better options now.

1 Like

Thanks for the explanation. Bitmex is not allowed in the US anyways so that wouldn’t be an option. I guess kucoin, okcoin Poloniex are some of my options. Do you have any experience with these? I’m thinking kucoin I a good choice although I can only withdraw 2btc daily

1 Like