Going offshore to escape the CFTC

like you said with so much promotion on this company they must get 1,000’s of fail traders a week and the ones that finally gives up will be be made up by the ones that keeping trying with multiple challenges

2 Likes

To be fair, If they are legit I still think it’s worth a look… if you’re in that middle ground… you have a system that works and you’re having success but you’re not in those top 2 tax brackets via trading yet, it could work for you.

1 Like

oh i agree i was just saying they do good business from the fail traders

EDIT: they say they have a little over 1,000 funded traders even at the lower funded account of $10,000 times that by 1,000 funded accounts = 10 million dollars

if they have 1,000 funded account im pretty sure at least 10,000 have tried and fail and some multiple times

3 Likes

That’s my bad, I looked at the cofounders instagram and he seemed like one of those guys… his profile pic is him sitting on the roof of a 200K car.

2 Likes

hey you gotta sell the dream right, fancy cars and fast women always gets the job done

2 Likes

Promoting the fantasy…

2 Likes

he say trading for FTMO can get you there in no-time, how can that be if i have a losing system

EDIT: there are funded traders who are making money with FTMO, congrats to those traders

2 Likes

You’ll get him there in no time, not you… :rofl:

2 Likes

of course aint that’s how it works, :rofl:

2 Likes

i agree with the person here who said if you have a small account and can get a 100k funded account you can build your money up and fund your personal account with the profit you make

EDIT: but if you fail the challenge once i wound’t keep trying

1 Like

I agree 100% on the why give 30% away, as well as not having your own risk parameters. However, we are not addressing one of the most important liabilities of trading offshore, which in my opinion, is protection of capital. I mean, I think I have come up with the best risk mitigation possible with 65% of my capital in my bank and 7% each at 5 different brokers. However, with a 300K account that is 21K sitting at 5 different offshore brokers. I think I worry more about the regulations preventing me from accessing my money than I do the brokers themselves. Those worries all go away.I guess this is so appealing to me as I am sick of jumping through loopholes and worrying about my money being safe. Trading is psychologically tough as it is, without all of the other distractions. Is it worth giving up 30%… that’s the real question I must answer.

2 Likes

I agree with what you said, but it really wouldn’t be 21K @ 5 brokers unless your current trade risk parameters are similar to what you’re forced to lower them to for FTMO.

I did the whole 5 offshore accounts thing up until last year. I still have all the accounts but most of them are dormant now. I’m currently back in the US with a raw core pricing Oanda account + AMP futures account along with FXChoice offshore, which is the only broker proven to handle 6-7 figure accounts long term.

2 Likes

tradersway. LQDFX and coinexx also have 6 figure account traders but fxchoice have proven to be top dog with multiple traders with 7 figure accounts

1 Like

:laughing:

I think retain is probably more accurate. I know that they are able to attract talent, but keeping them would be the probable issue. But, there is nothing wrong with that, I think.

I think that there are likely lots of good traders that just do not have the proper capital, which causes them to over-trade and/or over-leverage to try to see worthwhile profits. If traders could skip the grinding, and be able to make much smaller-risk trades while still seeing decent profits, then they would have much higher chances of long-term success. I think that is what firms like FTMO can offer. But traders still have to be able to adapt to that and be disciplined enough to practice sound risk-management and patience. Not everyone will be able to make the cut. And hopefully it might encourage some traders to make improvements and try to get better.

Most traders fail, but most traders do not have the patience and discipline to trade on a demo account for 2 years, either.

1 Like

i agree but having patience and discipline to trade on a demo account for 2 years is very hard to do

I suppose that it is all relative. The same could be said about someone that starts trading prematurely and speaks about the extreme difficulty of trading consistently over the long-term. It is a matter of choice at the end of the day. I always believed that one’s trading education can be as cheap or as expensive as they want it to be.

1 Like

I think the bottom line is, if you have a good, dependable trading system, this is a viable option to trade with a $100k account instead of having to .01 nickel and dime your way yourself.

I’m assuming 99.9% of the people who fail the FTMO challenge pretty much don’t know how to trade in the first place.

I just watched a YoutTube interview of a woman trading with FTMO who (the headlines yelled at me) makes $18,000/month with FTMO, and she has a 32% winning percentage.

I think the issue is lots of people in the world are idiots. So they do believe the hype IG posts, and think they can take this intro test without really knowing what risk management is, maybe they have a few lucky trades under their belt. Then they lose the challenge and call the company a scam.

I’m not even sold on joining this company just yet, but the bottom line is it’s a viable offshore option instead of dealing with 3rd party bitcoin exchanges the rest of your life just trying to bring your trading profits home.

3 Likes

This is precisely the reason for this forum thread. FTMO is just another option if you don’t want to deal with USA red tape crap and deal with BTC transfers crap just to pay your rent with your trading profits.

If you don’t really know how to trade, you really shouldn’t be thinking about joining a prop trading firm anyway. If you can keep to their rules, which aren’t that crazy, it’s a viable option as long as the company is real, which they seem to be.

3 Likes

FTMO raises millions in venture/investment capital money… they spread that money out to the >1000 traders that pass and prove they understand risk management limiting FTMO’s risk to <.01% per trader… collect the thousands of 90% failed challenge money on top of 30% from the successful trader profits… the business model actually makes sense.

3 Likes

You don’t need a collective2 supported broker to trade with collective2.
They have a web order entry system that you can manually enter your trades.
Having a C2 supported broker only offers more convenience, as your signals are automatically transmitted.
Also, if you are worried to have too many subscribers ,you can raise your subscription price. The higher price, the fewer subscribers, until you are comfortable with the number of subscribers.
If you are worried to raise attention from big bank,then a FTMO funded account will more likely to do that than a collective 2 account.As a FTMO funded account is dealing with institution and professional traders(you will sign a contract with a trading institution.)
While a collective 2 account is only dealing with investors(subscribers)

1 Like