Going offshore to escape the CFTC

I was bearish on it as well from the start. However my opinion evolved as like Clint has mentioned. It does serve several solutions.

1. Makes available instruments and trading conditions not available to the average trader in the US.
  2. Solves the problem of being severely undercapitalized.
  3. Forces one to adhere to much needed strict trading rules.
1 Like

Also, they give us access to brokers that normally wouldnā€™t accept US clients. Seems like the thread is focused on

Brokers that accept US clients
Crypto Exchanges (how to move money to and from brokers)
Prop Firms
Am I missing something?

1 Like

Find me a job where I can sit at home in my bare feet, not talk to anyone else if I donā€™t want to, watch movies and play videogames all day, and have the chance to make $10k a month from my laptop, and Iā€™ll apply for that job. Thatā€™s what a $100k-$300k trading account is like for me, which is the whole reason Iā€™m even considering FTMO. Itā€™s offshore so I can trade how I want, itā€™s a massive trading account which I donā€™t currently have and would take me long time to get (and might not even trust owning offshore)

1 Like

Although I am neutral, doesnā€™t matter either way to meā€¦the thread is ā€œgoing offshore to escape the cftcā€, brokers are not even mentioned in the thread title. Now that Iā€™ve researched them, IMO, prop firms are probably the least risky option of going offshore to escape the cftc.

2 Likes

doesnā€™t matter either way it just feel like FTMO should have itā€™s own thread where traders can post their results and give us updates, i think that thread will be very popular

3 Likes

Yes, this has already been discussed. I suppose that it may be a matter of perspective for some people, but the fact is that it is all very relevant to offshore trading and escaping the CFTC.

I will not protest the discussion of any broker just because I am not keen on trading with them or because it does not make sense for me, personally. Better to have an open discussion for all relevant topics in my opinion.

Hello all. I got a call from Coinexx in the name of Ms Karen. She told me about the affiliate (IB) program with Coinexx. Is anybody into this? Would you know if that really pays out?

It could be interesting to add a list of trusted/recommended prop firms here like the brokers.

2 Likes

very good idea

1 Like

I want to thank you guys for the responses, I have a better understanding now why this subject is looked upon the way it is, I hadnā€™t really made the connection that way, and yes, the title of the thread does seem to welcome any reasonable method for avoiding the chokehold traders have been contending with, not just the usable brokers.

On another note, I know a lot of you guys are funding your forex accounts with crypto, Iā€™m trying to wrap my head around the process and itā€™s not going well, maybe somebody could help me out with a little feedback in the following threadā€¦ Thanks again

(Sorry, been here since '14 but still considered ā€œnewā€ so I canā€™t post a link)
forums(dot)babypips(dot)com/t/acquiring-crypto-to-fund-your-forex-broker-account/330744

Well I have been an IB with them and a few other brokers from over a year now. Their commission is already very low. So basically you need to have a good trade volume. If you are able to find that, then only you can get a decent payout. But yes, I get my monthly earnings report and payouts on the 1st of every month.

yes itā€™s ok but not nothing to make a living from, just pocket change, you better off learning how to trade to support yourself

1 Like

Well, not if you work on it. A friend of mine who is a Coinexx IB makes between 20K-22K per month. He runs a forum only to discuss and critique about Coinexx.

Another guy who some of you might also know is a forex trainer at IML and recommends Coinexx spreads in his classes. He has a volume of more than double of my friend, so could be making atleast double of that.

Simply put, since people are anyway going to join a broker why not let them use your link for it.

for me i have no interest to become a IB. iā€™m just a trader

4 Likes

EnFoid is a good prop firm. If you pay 500$ for an challenge and you fail then you can pay 500$ again and if you then pass that challenge you will be renfunded then with 500$+500$ = 1000$

2 Likes

Iā€™m currently doing the microfx challenge because there i can hold trades over the night.
I think its possible to succeed because on the Agressive Version the Max-Drawdown is -30% and I have to gain 10% in 30 trading days.

2 Likes

Fail Challenges

1 Like

Just want to report, been using XBTFX for a few months now on vpn . Really good and a lot of options. have WD several times and they are quick. They donā€™t take us clients but have been having no issues with a vpn and using btc mt5 accounts.

at any time they can cancel your account and take your funds by saying they donā€™t accept U.S. residents and you illegally traded with them, not a risk worth taking.

3 Likes