Going offshore to escape the CFTC

Well, I guess im stuck with Oanda :slight_smile:

One other option, might not be a good option, is to have a friend open an account in another countryā€¦ Send him money, I trade it etcā€¦ I would really have to trust the friend :slight_smile:

Just keep everything below 75K offshore for single or LLC or 150K for married and file FBAR and go on with trading with brokers listed here over the last few days. Just after XMas make sure the accounts are below 50K for single / LLC or 100K for Married going into Jan 1. You will have zero issues. I would use USDC or USDT that way you are not subject to BTC issues.

2 Likes

i think you guys are overthinking. just open up an account with a offshore broker and enjoy your profits, i suggest you report your profits to the IRS as you start to withdraw large sums of money. yes life is that simple so stop stressing yourself out by overthinking :weary:

6 Likes

[quote=ā€œSmallPaul, post:9700, topic:35612ā€]
yes life is that simple so stop stressing yourself out by overthinking
[/quote]:white_check_mark::+1: thank you.

1 Like

This is very good advice. Spending all your time wondering how you can mitigate taxes means that you will never be a profitable trader anyway. Would you rather pay 35% tax on profits of $1M and be legal, or pay 0% tax on profits of nothing and be illegal? Just factor it into your comparisons between different sources of income and the reason you are choosing what you are choosing to get invested or traded in. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

FXChoice is one of the few regulated offshore brokers (three total, I think?), meaning thereā€™s a 3rd party company where FXChoice does business which can verify FXChoice isnā€™t just some guy with his laptop in his basement.

There are USA traders with 7 figure accounts with them, theyā€™re safe.

Transfers are either bank wire direct to your bank with no middle man, or BTC sites. They have other options too

Claim your income. Pay your taxes. Keep it legal.

3 Likes

exactly. lots of discussion about FTMO and other offshore prop firms. Thatā€™s a 70-30 split. You need to pay taxes on top of that, but itā€™s still basically the complete opposite of trying to nickel and dime your way to keeping ā€œallā€ your profits and always having to look over your shoulderā€¦

3 Likes

I have one of those friends. Iā€™m a software engineer not a business/tax professional, so I was wondering if someone out there in this community knows how that might work? Itā€™s their account and their offshore bank account that money gets transferred to? I know I canā€™t be on any of the accounts; I just have the login creds for the broker accounts, so trust is paramount. They set up a company in their country, and Iā€™m a contractor or employee of that company? Also, what would be the top three brokers everyone wishes they could trade with? Thanks!

most traders are not at that level but are worrying about stuff that donā€™t effect them at the moment. trust me when you get at that level you wonā€™t be on here asking questions. :worried: :worried: :worried:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been looking at darwinex ā€œDarwinex is the online broker that enables sophisticated traders to trade the market and investors to back themā€ They donā€™t accept US clients. I could possibly trade with them via my friend outside of the US.

I think FX choice is a horrible ideaā€¦ I opened an account there and was very excited to fund itā€¦ only to find out that you CAN NOT money wire USDā€¦ You can Money wire EUR and pay the exchange rate at your bankā€¦ then when you withdraw, you pay exchange again. Vload is an option, but you will pay 2% with them. BItcoin is new to me, not sure if thats a good route if you want to send lots of money. FXchoice looks legit, but the funding options are horribleā€¦ So, Im prob going to use Lmqfxā€¦ They will wire the withdrawl in USDā€¦ Even though you funded another way. Man are the options limited for the USA.

Id love to find a situation like thatā€¦ Im throwing my hands in the air at this point. My strategy has low DD, decent return trading basketsā€¦ BUT, takes tons of tradesā€¦ The Margin restriction is killing it. 50:1 and sometimes 20:1 on crosses is not even workable.

I honestly didnā€™t know that about the USD thing. Iā€™ve been only withdrawing via BTC so far. Thatā€™s a pretty big hassle if they donā€™t have an in-house method for it. Good catch.

Might need to take a closer look LQDFX if thatā€™s your strategy. If I recall they have a minimum pip distance on trades that turned me off.

1 Like

usually not a problemā€¦ if its the same pair, it wont take another unless an hour+ has passed.

Open a FXChoice accountā€¦

1. Transfer XRP to significantly reduce/eliminate crypto exchange risk
  2. Open a US FDIC foreign currency bank account, wire non USD there and exchange to/from USD @ bank (several options available, ask if you need info)
  3. Open a transfer wise US account, wire non USD there, exchange to/from USD and transfer to USD bank account

Advanced optionā€¦

1. Denote your broker account in non USD, open a US FDIC foreign currency bank account, wire transfer non USD to your multi currency account, hold non USD for safety @ bank + convert only what you need to USD, pay taxes only on the non USD (non functional currency) you decide to convert to USD (functional currency) on your personal schedule when realized while deferring the rest of taxes indefinitely while you compound your earnings without handing over >1/3 every year.

All of the above would be significantly cheaper than maintaining an offshore account with nominee directors/friends as account signatories, not to mention also being less risky.

NOT TAX ADVISE!!! CONSULT YOUR CPA!!!

1 Like

how does this broker stay in business after stealing customers funds back in 2015

https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-reviews/7653/ironfx-forex-brokers

1 Like

hereā€™s another broker we can take a look at, i havenā€™t done no research on this broker so i donā€™t know to much about them :crazy_face:

https://crypto-1.lp-hftrading.com/

My LQDFX documents never got approved the first time, decided to resubmit them and they went through (just trying to see what they are like on the inside), but now they say I canā€™t use any of the BTC places I normally use?

Bitcoin

You will need to access your secure Client Portal, Finance > Deposit Funds > Bitcoin and send the amount of funds you wish to deposit.

Note : Do not pay this invoice from Blockchain, Coinbase or a bitcoin exchange account. Exchanges and especially Coinbase do not broadcast the bitcoin payment in time, thus resulting in failure.

Use the following bitcoin wallets instead: Trezor, Copay, Electrum, GreenAddress.

Iā€™ve never even heard of those wallets before. Do they get commissions from them or something? Just another B.S. hurdle to jump through.