Going offshore to escape the CFTC

@SmallPaul aren’t there certain conditions to get a coinbase pro account??

1 Like

I was looking around at rebate programs and found one that offered rebates for Tradersway, clicked the link to create a new account with their partner ID and it tells me that they do not accept new registrations from individuals in my region.

Anyone else in the states seeing this?

no, you already have a coinbase pro account just sign in using you coinbase login info

@vcmllc
I fund my account with Turnkey Forex using Bitcoin as well (since they also only accept crypto payments)
They reimburse me for the charges paid to the exchange…if you didn’t already find a cheaper way to buy bitcoin, you can look at them as well

1 Like

My two cents, Turnkeyforex.com has been doing better than coinexx lately. Its definitely a good alternative and their execution is much faster

2 Likes

So others in the states are still able to click this link and start the registration process?

https://po.tradersway.com/registration

That’s because if you win that bet, you have to fill out a 1099 before they’ll pay you. It’s all about the politicians getting paid while keeping their puppet masters happy. We have no chance.

On another note, I haven’t been here for a while and Hankotrade is a new candidate? I’ll give them a try.

1 Like

I was thinking the same thing but now I’m wondering who’s domain name is next on the hit list?

What did Pax do to explicitly draw attention?

I also can’t help but wonder how many SEC, CFTC, NFA bureaucrats use this forum to develop the aforementioned hit list.

1 Like

Salbain,

We are all getting the same screen, when we attempt a new registration —

I have sent the following email to Trader’s Way, asking for an explanation —

Trader's Way inquiry

When Trader’s Way replies to my inquiry, I will share their reply here.

1 Like

And… now my 2 factor auth magically stops working. Chat support said to email tradersway support and ask to have it removed from my account which I just did a few minutes ago.

Hoping this is coincidental.

For what its worth, heres a chat. Substituted my personal info.

Agent Ruby has joined the chat.
[18:18:28] Ruby: : Dear Salbain, thank you for contacting us! How may I help you?
[18:18:44] Salbain: : Still accepting US clients?
[18:19:37] Ruby: : We do not accept clients from several regions in line with our compliance policy, but we will be happy to send you a list of alternative brokers.
[18:20:18] Salbain: : Ok, i am a us client that currently has an account
[18:20:25] Salbain: : should i close my accounts
[18:20:52] Ruby: : Old accounts are not affected by this policy.
[18:21:19] Ruby: : What is your registered email address please?
[18:21:27] Salbain: : Ok, my 2 factor auth has stopped working. Does this have anything to do with no longer accepting us clients
[18:21:52] Salbain: : [email protected]
[18:22:02] Ruby: : No. This should not affect anything regarding your account.
[18:22:34] Ruby: : Please provide me your registered email address or account number
[18:22:47] Salbain: : [email protected]
[18:23:07] Salbain: : one of my accounts is XXXXXX
[18:23:26] Ruby: : Thank you.
[18:24:17] Ruby: : In this case, please send an email to our Technical Department at [email protected]
[18:24:48] Ruby: : Briefly explain the issue regarding your 2-Factor Authentication
[18:24:59] Salbain: : I sent an email, how long should I expect before a reply?
[18:25:18] Ruby: : All client inquires sent through email are replied to within 24 hours on business days (8am-8pm GMT, Monday-Friday). Thank you very much for your patience.
[18:25:31] Salbain: : ok
The transcript will be sent to “[email protected]” after the chat ends.

[18:26:27] Ruby: : Is there anything else I can help you with?
[18:27:00] Salbain: : not at this time
[18:27:08] Ruby: : Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
[18:27:13] Ruby: : Have a nice day! Goodbye.
[18:27:16] Salbain: : ok thanks
Agent Ruby has left the chat.
The chat is ended. (18:27:17)

Here is the Trader’s Way reply —

Trader's Way - reply

another one bites the dust

Trader’s Way will be removed from our List.

2 Likes

Perhaps they saw the writing on the wall with what happen to PaxForex and decided to take proactive measures.

1 Like

wow man that is not good. gonna make some accounts elsewhere tomorrow…jesus

1 Like

can anyone attest to any experience with AAFX. I saw some heavy scam warnings on FPA, saw a guy saying he lost a quarter million. But I also see a lot of high ratings and lengthy testimonies (assuming they are real which ya know)

Wow. Wasn’t Traders Way on the “Red List”? That’s not good

1 Like

or maybe the U.S. regulators already contacted tradersway

1 Like

you guys notice in the paxforex case the cftc and FBI stated paxforex has no physical presence in the U.S.A. unlike prior cases where a offshore broker might had use a IB or a u.s. base bank to conduct business also the FBI wasn’t involved in those prior cases and it was always the CFTC suing the offshore broker.

something bigger is going on where the U.S. is looking to shut down all offshore brokes that accept u.s. resident.

I think it has to do with the Justice Departments guidelines released today regarding cryptocurrencies. It’s about crypto and the indictment of bitmex. and banking secrecy act. They are on a total warpath, and thisis what I suspected. Barr basically said if you even touch a us server or fail to reasonably prevent terrorism financing tha they will go after you anywhere in the world. I’m not gonna lie I’ve been looking into commodities heavily, I don’t have much of a choice. I am thinking about writing Mike Conaway a long long letter explaining why his Commodity Bil on crypto needs to address all these issues we are having.

1 Like

Tradersway was one of my favourites.
This is definitely a matter of concern for unregulated brokers
What about the existing US clients with them…any communication made to them?

1 Like