Going offshore to escape the CFTC

I’m new to Forex and frankly I’m a little confused about it all…
Does anyone have any experience with this broker?

exness.com

[B]I just wanted to say Thanks for the great thread and the effort that you are putting in to contacting all the brokers. it’s nice to have all this info in one place![/B]

I’m surprised that no one has mentioned IBFX Australia or are they not accepting US residents or limiting them them to 50:1? Been trading since mid September with them on a 200:1 Account. They are licensed with the ASIC (Australian Securities and Investments Commission) so everything looks fine.

www.IBFX.com.au

russian bucketshop with very low spreads.

prob could care less about the cftc or nfa, but i’d be wary. IMHO

I received an E-Mail from my broker yesterday telling me they would be closing my account as of the 18th due to CTFC rules. My broker is GO Markets in Australia. If I could attach the E-Mail I would, but I don’t see any way. At any rate, to paraphrase what they have said: Although we are controlled by ASIC here in Australia there is a ‘memorandum of understanding’ between ASIC and the CFTC that prohibits us from servicing US citizens any longer. (I’m so P*sed I can hardly type!). They go on to say there are certain exceptions. If I’m residing in the US, but not a citizen, then I’m OK. If I have $10,000,000 or more in my account, then I’m OK! There are others, but I can’t remember them offhand. I didn’t qualify for any of them.
I left IamFX in March to avoid this BS. A broker I was happy with, which by the way, I think went out of business the other day, or perhaps is moving to Panama, I’m not sure. I am sure it’s related to this CFTC crap. You know, as do I, Forex is hard enough without the F
ing government ‘helping’.
If this seems incoherent, please pardon me. The election is soon, and we have to get these imbeciles fired!
Really frosted,

A website that has come to my attention is Forex Ratings - Forex Broker Rating. Top Rated Forex Brokers Forex Ratings.
May be of interest when it comes to researching for brokers.

Thanks tom,
I’ll take a look…Sorry about the rant.

alamoland,
No worries.
I understand it is very frustrating times for all involved that these new rules affect.

Late Sunday afternoon, I sent emails to five Australian forex brokers and two New Zealand brokers, inquiring whether they are currently opening new accounts for U.S. residents. (Sunday afternoon EDT was Monday morning in Australia and New Zealand.)

Australian brokers emailed Sunday, October 10

Axi Trader — Forex Trading | Forex Broker | Forex Brokers | Forex Trading Platform

Forex CT — ForexCT Forex Trading

Halifax Investment Services Ltd — Foreign Exchange FX - Stock brokers for FX Foreign Exchange - Halifax Investment Services

IG Markets — Forex Trading | Forex Online | Trading Currency

Vantage FX — Online Forex Trading And MetaTrader 4 Brokers - Vantage FX

New Zealand brokers emailed Sunday, October 10

Latitude FX — Trade foreign exchange online - Live currency trading

WSD — WSD Global Markets Ltd : The online trading provider matching highest standards in integrity and safety

Five of these brokers are being contacted for the second time. I first emailed them on October 4, and they have not replied yet.

Two brokers, [B]Forex CT[/B] and [B]Vantage FX[/B], are new additions to our list of prospects.

Later this morning, I will send follow-up emails to U.K., German and Swiss brokers.

Axi Trader (Australia) is no longer a prospect. I just received this reply:

Hi Clint,

You are doing a great job.
How did you get on with my suggestion of Got Money fx, they are based in Brisbane Australia I think?
IIRC I added their url to one of my previous messages.

I was with an ASIC broker and they will be closing my account of Oct 18th.

Chatted with TadawulFX agent and they will take US traders at 500:1. As soon as my funds arrive from my now former Aussie broker, I’m going to Tadawul.

Will post experiences when I can.

Another Swiss broker has come to my attention, ie Forex.ch part of GFX group.
Their address is FOREX.CH

I just contact forex.ch their live chat operator was unable to answer the question. They are supposed to be emailing me shortly.

Is the ASIC going to be completely impacted or was the comment made by gomarkets exclusive to them?

As much as I would like to remain in one of the major financial sectors, I am going to begin looking at brokers in less traditional markets.

clint, I just asked ONE financial again. They definitively told me that they will face fines from the nfa if they accept us clients to trade.

I was told this by Andy Cottrill: a rep at ONE financial. If you are getting different answers please let me know.

ForexCT seems like a definite addition to the list. It also seems as though the distinction the ASIC is making is with solicitation of US clients. Here is the answer from forex FOREXCT.

Forex Capital Trading Ltd does not approach customers based in the United States of America. Forex Capital Trading Ltd and its subsidiaries do not have offices in the United States of America and are not regulated by any authorities in the United States of America. However, if you decide to engage our services by registering on our website, then you accept the terms and conditions of the website which are binding in their entirety.

I tried to open a demo with this broker but there is no listing for USA on Country :frowning:

I’m sorry to hear /read that :frowning:

iTrade Capital Markets Ltd
Forex | Indices | Commodities | Futures | CFDs | Automated Trading | ICM

will definitely not be accepting US clients after the 18th

The following brokers have confirmed in their responses to my inquiries that they will continue servicing and accepting US customers after October 18, 2010 without leverage restrictions: FXOpen, Tadawul FX, Marketiva, InstaForex, E-Global, 4XP, Forex4You.