Going offshore to escape the CFTC

Yes, I guess you’re right there.
Even though I’d prefer to believe in the illusion that they do it out of principle.

While business decisions of course have to be cold and based purely on reason, I’d nevertheless like to one day see a company doing something because it’s [B]right[/B], not merely profitable.

O.

They could also be risking seizure of any of their funds that are in a U.S. bank, including with clearing organizations, and arrest of any of their officers if they visited the U.S.

Yep.
But why go to the US anyway, if you can avoid it? :smiley:

O.

It just doesn’t make any sense to me as the U.S. has NO RIGHT to sue them unless they have a presence in the U.S. As far as I know, Trading Point does not have a presence in the U.S. They are outside of their jurisdiction and they are dictating their communistic agenda to the world much like someone in history that I remember, what was his name, hmmmmm… oh yeah! ADOLF HITLER!! These brokers seriously need to grow some balls or the U.S. is going to pee all over them. As far as I know they already have and they are willing to let them.

Many countries have agreements with the US and thus help the CFTC to enforce their rules even with brokers not represented in the USA.

It sure sucks, but there isn’t much to be done … well, Americans have their choice in November.

We need an ‘iron broom’ (a German expression, hehe) to sweep out of office all the corrupt/criminal politicians thinking they may do as they see fit with their citizens … in the US, in Europe, and in many other places.

O.

lol, if we sweep them out with ‘iron broom’, I fear that there will only be 1 or 2 politicians left in the room. :slight_smile:

Yes, if indeed one or two might ‘survive’, hehe.
But there is an inexhaustible supply of the guys, like co_ckroaches or rats on a rubbish dump, so they are easy to replace.

O.

Edit/P.S.: lol, this forum censors the first syllable of the word ’ c o c k r o a c h ’ … that’s funny.

Who want’s cr’s in their forum? They should ban politicians as well! :16:

Hey, thanks Clint. Yeah i understand why you would rather decline on commenting on brokers personally to keep things fair and to avoid undue endorsement of any kind.

Thanks for the response about my inquiry, it really is helpful to me and should prove helpful to other who may be confused or up in the air about this as well.

Has anyone tried MyFXChoice.com? They’re Belize-based and keep taking the US customers.

We are a financial service company affiliated with a

leading UK group, we have direct provider for BG/SBLC/LC

from top AA rated banks in the world. HSBC London or

HongKong ETC our leasing fee is 6+2 serious minded

brokers and principal borrower only. Please contact Mr

Anthony Jacob

Email:anthonyjacob(at)live.co.uk
Telephone: +44-207-060-9550

What’s the address of your website?

This is going to be good. I just know it.

A ‘Financial Services Company’ that uses Windows Live Email??? LOL!!!

Tell ya what Mr. Anthony Jacob. I’m ‘in the market’ for a $500 000 loan. How about it???

Regards,

Dale.

Сlint,
can i ask you to put your list with brokers who accept US clients on first page of this thread, because i have checked 40 pages and still not found your latest edition.
It helps us save the time.
Thanks so much for you work!

Clint updates the list regularly and then publishes it anew as the most current post.
The latest update can be found as post #1124 on page 113 of this thread.

Cheers,
O.

Thanks, Oliver!

But all new comers can’t find it, anyway thanks for info;)

Sarah, thanks for your suggestion. Several times in the past, I have tried to figure out how to do exactly what you’re suggesting — but, it’s beyond the scope of what an ordinary forum member can do.

You and I and everyone else on this forum can edit our own posts, and we can delete our own posts. And we can post new stuff, but only at the end of the thread.

Regarding the 3-page List, because I posted it originally, I can edit or delete part or all of it, but I can’t actually “move” it. As a way of working around this limitation, I have periodically copied the entire 3-page List and pasted it at the end of the thread. Then, I have deleted the 3-page List from its previous location. The obvious problem with this technique is that subsequent posts by me or anyone else make the List sink out of sight again.

Here’s what I’ll do, just for you. I will edit post #1 on this thread with a big label which tells exactly where the List currently can be found. Then, whenever I re-post the List at the end of the thread, I will update the label on post #1.

By the way, I thought about combining the present post #1 and post #2 into one post (new post #2), and replacing the present post #1 with the entire Offshore Broker List. But, the List is too long for that — that’s why it’s 3 pages. Reducing the font size wouldn’t help in this circumstance, as the parameters of the forum define length as [I]number of characters,[/I] not length in inches.

That’s simple, Clint:
Just copy/paste your latest list to the end of your OP (since you can always edit that) and in the future just update it by again editing that first post.

I’m planning a thread containing a list of useful MT4 tools for download, and that’s exactly how I’ll handle updating and adding to that list.
Luckily BabyPips is one of the rare forums allowing its members to edit their posts without time limitation.

Cheers,
O.

Read more carefully.

Yeh well: I see what you’re saying now. I did send you a PM about as I’m sure you’re aware but now I know why you ignored it.

Not to litter your thread but why not maintain the list as a downloadable document (Adobe .PDF???) and keep IT on the first post of your thread??? Just a suggestion and none of my business I guess.

And yes: BabyPips is one of the few forums that will allow you to edit ALL your posts ANY time. ‘That other’ forex forum will only allow you to edit your very first post on any thread that you started. Any other posts: you have 24-hours to edit (or delete) them otherwise they’re ‘carved in stone’ and I’m guessing it’s for this very reason.

Oh well. For what it’s worth that’s what I’d do. It’ll make YOUR life easier if nothing else.

Regards,

Dale.