Going offshore to escape the CFTC

Sometimes we stray from the topic, but it makes the thread more interesting

;-D I can think of a lot of things that would make ANY thread ‘more interesting’ lol, but you have to agree that this particular AMP-US three-way ad campaign doesn’t belong here… ?

I agree and disagree because sometimes we go off topic and most of the time it does not bother the OP, you need to ask that question to the OP

I can ask anyone what they think, honestly. No need to go bother Clint about it. I’m sure he’ll clean it up if he gets around to it.

I’m saying that going off topic is not a problem for most people here.

A similar thing happened in here when the prop firm discussion popped off last year. Questions kept getting asked, so questions were answered lol.

Due to the FTX mess, after the SEC is done with crypto there may be no escaping the CFTC outside of prop firms.

1 Like

Why would making this particular BP thread “more interesting” ever be a rationale for a block of 180-degree breathless off-topic promotion of a CFTC regulated broker?

I’m not saying it’s a problem for me personally. Nor was I asking for a vote as to how many agree or disagree. Participants’ votes wouldn’t alter whether the AMP-US section here has ANYTHING to do with escaping the CFTC.

Just making a rational observation and asking rational questions.

But apparently it’s so important to some people that they’ll keep at it till the OP weighs in.
Sheesh, are we schoolkids?

It does cost more. Realistically you shouldn’t even consider it unless you can open an account with 25k plus minimum. And being ok if you blow it.

The platforms are feature rich but not that intuitive. Algo traders love ninjatrader. A lot of seasoned futures traders use the dom/ladder exclusively without even looking at a chart.

If you’re trading CFD indexes, the futures market movements aren’t going to be far off. In fact I consider them to be a bit smoother and easier to trade then CFD’s.

2 Likes

Trust me I understand the jitters over the crypto avalanche.
Me, I wouldn’t take it as an opportunity to hit it with coordinated promotion of a high-minimum US broker for higher-risk trading even than offshore spot FX.

The thread will be just fine, and the overall topic will not be lost because we go off topic occasionally.

Of course “the thread will be fine.” Someone will decide to clean it up, or not.
Asking questions seems to get under people’s skin – not everyone’s, just some people.

“System” doing weird edits. I’ll wait for this stuff to settle down.

I raised a similar concern about posting off topic discussions in this thread, Clint came in and said he didn’t have any issues with it, since he’s the OP, his opinion will matter in this case.

2 Likes

Thanks Paul, I think we all knew that.

It’s all good, but why would you ask that question if you knew that?

In non-bold and non-enlarged type, may I say simply:

I asked whether an extended promotion of ON-SHORE CFTC BROKER is on-topic in this thread.That was my question, just to re-state it in case it’s been buried in posts attempting to silence or re-frame my question – or change the subject of my question then answer a question I did not ask.

I think “we all knew” that “his opinion will matter in this case.” Some of us even remember the posts you refer to were on a more adjacent issue, NOT a promotion of a CFTC brokerage.

Come on guy, is this so hard to take?

It happens sometimes, Gypsy Trader

Small Paul wrote: "IT HAPPENS SOMETIMES GYPSY TRADER"

I think we know that, too. If this hadn’t happened, I wouldn’t have asked questions about it… maybe we can agree on that much lol.
Right now I’ve got a presentation on multi-jurisdictional financial law to finish.
So have a great rest of your day. Stay busy. :wink:

Most of us have been on here for years. The thread is “going offshore to escape the CFTC” …more specifically what the CFTC has done to spot forex in the US…first it was offshore brokers, in the past year or so we have discussed the remote prop firm model, now we are discussing futures.
These are all viable options as options to trade spot fx with a CFTC regulated broker are absolutely miserable.
The offshore options, as you can see, are going to become more and more difficult. Moving money through crypto is becoming more and more risky. So, in response to your posts, this conversation is very on topic and extremely relevant.

5 Likes

-You seem to be the only one that has taken issue with this discussion.

-Agreed.

@Cryptosurf @MrInvisible - Thank you for your responses.

3 Likes