Going offshore to escape the CFTC

I think props are safe as well. They are creative in how they move money. I guess we should stop publicly sharing, but I know you know already. As far as futures, if ONLY day trading, barrier is pretty low. Holding overnight changes that significantly.

3 Likes

That new change in reporting ($600 vs $20k) is going to snare a lot of unsuspecting people. Even when you off-ramp to fiat, any US exchange is now required to report via 1099-k.

Point taken but Black Swan could = weā€™re not sending your profits. I should have been more specific to separate prop/offshore/CFTC regulated. Different types of riskā€¦ but the risk remains.

I think this explains the recent crypto fiasco pretty well and only reinforces my mania for diversification:

2 Likes

Coinbase Wallet to End Support for Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum Classic, Rippleā€™s XRP and Stellarā€™s XLM

Coinbase Wallet will no longer support the native tokens associated with Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Ethereum Classic (ETC), Rippleā€™s XRP Ledger (XRP) and Stellar (XLM), effective Dec.5, according to an update on the crypto exchangeā€™s website.

The assets will no longer be supported on Dec. 5, although users with balances will be able to withdraw after that date with a recovery phrase.

Coinbase cited ā€œlow usageā€ as a reason for delisting the four coins, all of which rose to sizable prominence in the 2017 cryptocurrency bull market.

XRP remains the seventh-largest cryptocurrency with a market cap of $19.6 billion and 24-hour trade volume of almost $1 billion across all exchanges, according to CoinGecko.

Itā€™s not uncommon for exchanges to drop assets that have decreased in trading volume. Coinbase has dropped dead coins in the past.

1 Like

I am surprised bitcoin cash trading volume is so low.

Itā€™s an old coin that has a controversial history. People either love it or hate it.

Edit; All of those mentioned are old coins. It doesnā€™t surprise me they are getting dropped.

1 Like

I havenā€™t looked into this but this guy is saying you can get an INSTANT 25K FUNDING ACCOUNT WITH NO CHALLENGES

https://youtu.be/zNhwRPnyjs0

Our experienced trader program has been designed for traders that have experience in the markets. It is a single phase evaluation which means that you only have to complete a one-phase evaluation to get access to funding. We have designed the program in a way that best suits low risk trading so that traders are more likely to pass. Traders have the opportunity to scale their account balance to the next level at 10% profit target, all the way to $2,500,000. We donā€™t impose time limits or charge monthly fees on this program, such rules are often designed to force traders to rush trades in order to pass as fast as possible, we think this is wrong.

Getting back to the meat and potatoes of this thread, let me mention my two favorite brokers that I use for trading: cedarfx.com and prosperity4x.com

I believe cedarfx should be on our list.

2 Likes

Thanks for getting us back on track, James.

To everyone else currently trading with cedarFX ā€” please chime in, and tell us what you think.

EDIT

CAUTION

When I log into cedarfx. com I get the following message from my Avast antivirus app:

CedarFX.com - Avast warning

That message will not get off my screen until I close cedarfx. com

Is anyone else having this issue?

2 Likes

No problems here

extremely small leverage (1:30) and extremely tight drawdown (5%) just glancing at the specifications

1 Like

I donā€™t currently use them, but have an account, and think theyā€™re fine. They are one of the group Iā€™ll eventually be using.

And checked website on both Brave and Chrome browsers with Avast and didnā€™t get that message

1 Like

I Currently Have EagleFx and my question is, what is the maximum recommended amount to keep in your account since this is offshore, and what is a good range amount to withdraw without any funny business. Basically I would like to know if 10k withdrawals are possible with offshore brokers or once you get to a certain level you have to find more secure options. Im aware of the risk but thats why we have these forums, to help iron them out a bit. iā€™ll just open multiple accounts and do 1000 withdrawals if its too risky. THX

1 Like

No problems with large withdrawals from eaglefx

2 Likes

Also cedarfx and prosperityfx are my favorite :relaxed::+1:

1 Like

EagleFXā€¦

48K account
www.myfxbook.com/members/The_algo_trader/algotrader-gold-bionic-live/9851395
66K account
www.myfxbook.com/members/The_algo_trader/gold-pro-live-2/9679649
92K account
www.myfxbook.com/members/incredibot/lawyer/9710827
225K account
www.myfxbook.com/members/incredibot/real-estate-investor/9710814

2 Likes

-In addition to the comments that have already been provided to you about this, I would say that most here advocate for some kind of fund diversity to help further-mitigate risk.

Understanding, also, that risk is subjective, so it will ultimately come down to what percentage allocations that you feel comfortable with across the various the firms and brokerages.

-Assuming that you are referring to cryptocurrency transfers, most money-transfer methods that are available for offshore trading typically involve some sort of middle-man. Difficult to avoid unless you have access to a broker that will do wire transfers. This is, of course, assuming that you are converting back to fiat at some point and that the conversion does not happen at point-of-sale (e.g. using a crypto pay card).

All-in-all, most methods are fairly secure so long as you are being careful about things. If you have a very large transfer, you might consider breaking it up into smaller transfers if that helps to bring you more peace of mind. You may incur more fees in the process, however.

1 Like

Thank you all for the quick repliesā€¦Ive been going from broker to Cashapp, then sell the bitcoin from cashapp to my cashapp card . Ive heard people include coinbase because fees are lower. If someone could clarify that process that would help me thx

anybody here with speculation about forex being replaced by 1 global currency. if so will that mean for offshore brokers and trading in general. do we just trade indicies, and metals?. i was listening to one of ICTā€™s twitter rants and he mentioned thats where we are headed in our lifetime and that hes staying away from forex. any thoughts thx. i honestly panicked and im freaking out to be honest as i just am getting the hang of this