Going offshore to escape the CFTC

Hey Clint,
I have one broker to recommend for the list, ForexCent (Trade Forex from 1 cent - ForexCENT.com!), owned by Sarantal Investments, LTD, in the Czech Republic. Been using them for a few months now with no problems.

As the name implies, they offer the MT4 cent accounts – good for newbies.

Product offering is limited though – pretty much just the majors, gold and silver. The spreads are of the 4 decimal variety. Major dollar spreads are 2 pips even. So not for scalping. On the other hand, their overnight swap rates seem smaller than usual. For example, comparing with the Profiforex cent accounts, the swap rates for AUD/USD are:

Profiforex: long 6.95 short -9.76
ForexCent: long .60 short -1.81

They have a full featured website with live chat and webtrader. I used the chat to update some personal information after I sent them my ID documents. Funding was easy. Withdrawals have been instantaneous using Liberty Reserve.

Thanks, SLS

I trust your judgment. I’ll add this broker to the List at the next update (today or tomorrow). Edit — updates are done.

It’s good to have an [I]addition[/I] to the List!

There must be other new brokers out there who want to do some business in the U.S. :42: — we need to find them.

Yes, I also have had a ForexCent account for several months now. Seems like a good broker, especially for people who have trouble making money with currencies and want to try day trading stocks. ForexCent offers about 32 individual stocks to trade with most requiring only about $5 margin in their “real” accounts, as opposed to their micro or “cent” accounts which do not offer stock trading. For each penny rise or fall in a stock price there is a corresponding penny move in your profit or loss on their trading station. Funding for me was challenging, though. I just gave up trying to do it cheaply and fast, so I used a bank wire with OkPay. I also sent a paper check by postal mail using OkPay but it takes at least a month for the money to get into the account, and they charge 10 bucks for the check. If a currency pair (not with stocks, I think) starts making a good, fast profit and you try to close your position quickly, sometimes they will very irritatingly ask you if you want to close, giving a requote if you hesitate too long. But after one or two requotes, or sooner, they will then usually quickly let you close, unlike FxGlory which will sometimes ask you 4 or 5 times if you want to close with a fast moving pair.

When a stock first spikes up 20 cents or more in 5 minutes on the 5 minute chart at the morning opening 8:30 AM CST from its yesterday close or its last price, it usually keeps going up at least another 15 to 20 cents, so I like to buy after that first spike and grab a quick 10 cent or more profit.

I am not aware of any US broker who provides individual stock trading like ForexCent does with only $10 needed to open a “real” account, so this broker deserves high praise in that department.

Thanks for the input, compounder. I will add a reference to your post (#1974) in the listing for ForexCent.

I use Finfx, and havn’t tried withdrawing anything yet, but their execution is excellent, deposits can be instantaneous after the first one, if you using moneybookers\credit card. I would like to know people’s experience with them who have large accounts, too.

Hey Clint it looks like I found a broker to add to the Good Guy list. Tallinex FX out of Estonia. The US is one of the listed countries in the drop down on the open live account page. Tallinex - FX Trading Software

Thanks, petg6. Tallinex looks interesting.

They do welcome U.S. clients. Here’s a statement from their website:

No restrictions for US traders

• enjoy full hedging, no FIFO and leverage up to 1:400

Other facts that I have gathered:

[U]Pros:[/U]

• straight-through processing (STP) to an ECN (Integral)

• micro-accounts (ECN-Micro) with competitive retail (marked-up) spreads, and no commissions; 400:1 leverage;
$100 min. deposit to open; 0.01 lot min. trade size

• mini-accounts (ECN-Pro) with wholesale spreads (no mark-ups) + $6 commission per standard lot (this is equivalent to 0.6 pip, in addition to the spread); 200:1 leverage; $2,000 min. deposit to open; 0.10 lot min. trade size

• segregated customer funds

• no re-quotes

• funding options: bank wire transfer, credit card, debit card, MoneyBookers

• all trading systems, strategies (scalping, etc.) and EA’s allowed

• MT4 platform; GMT server time (may be seen as pro or con, depending on trader preference); demo accounts do not expire (unless dormant for 30 days or longer)

• Estonia is a member of NATO, the EU, and the OECD; their currency is the euro

[U]Cons:[/U]

• Tallinex has only been around since sometime in 2012.

• not regulated; here’s a statement from their website:

Spot Forex is not considered an investment service in Estonia and therefore does not fall within the scope of regulation. However, Tallinex is registered with the Register of Economic Activities in Estonia who enforce strict business practices.
• Estonia was occupied for 51 years by the U.S.S.R., and continues to have a somewhat tense relationship with Russia, which they border; current transnational issues include drug trafficking and money laundering, according to the CIA.

This broker qualifies for inclusion in Group 1 of our List, and I will add them later today (or tomorrow).

Edit: The List has been updated.

Thanks again for the heads-up.

I gave them a look and at first sight they do not look bad. Has anyone ever traded with them. I know they are very young in the market.

jtlord73 you are very right! ForexBrokerInc is fantastic, customer service is always helpful , good bonus promotions and extremely fast withdrawals :slight_smile:

Hey Clint I’ve got another broker to add to the good guy list: Pellucid FX (PellucidFX) based out of Anguilla, British West Indies. Even though they’ve only been in business for a few months, they accept US clients and offer the following services:

RAW ECN spreads from 0.4 pips
$200 minimum deposits
Trade from 0.01 lots on all accounts
Secure SEGREGATED client funds, audited and verified monthly
Up to 400:1 leverage
STP trading via our top tier liquidity providers
Metatrader 4 platform
Trade from anywhere on our Web and Mobile trading platforms
No dealing desk on any trades
Perfect trading environment for robots/EAs
Social trading - Interact with, follow and copy successful traders
Managed Accounts

Greetings all, especially Clint for this thread and the info within. It has really help narrow things down. It’s also made me realize just how bad this current US administration is (wondering if it even surpasses the last one).

Anyways, I’m not new to investing but am to forex. Clint, your post about finding a good US broker makes alot of sense for a noob like myself. The only problem is that the majority of US brokers have all committed severe acts of fraud within the last three years or so, based upon posts from here/regulatory penalties/ reviews from other sites (ie FPA).

I keep on hearing that FXCM is decent but can’t help but to notice their recent slippage cases, and the amount of penalties assess. FXDD, Forex.com, and most of the major US brokers are not far behind either.

I just want to get started but not screwed over in the process. Times ticking folks before the US Gov’t completely shuts forex trading down as a free exchange. I just want to get on the last route leaving the station and off the bus before the last stop arrives.

Any words of wisdom or suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Rest easy, solidus. More and more new, good offshore forex brokers are popping up to capitalize on the defective, anti-leveraged forex legislation of US lawmakers. “The cat’s out of the bag” now, and nothing can stop forex trading now. And just like with the invention of the atomic bomb, nothing can stop nuclear proliferation (it can be slowed, but not stopped), or forex trading. Don’t underestimate human ingenuity when justifiable, reasonable greed is the motivation.

Well, funding some overseas forex brokers just got a bit more complicated.

[B]Liberty Reserve Operators Accused of Money Laundering[/B]

Taking down money launderers is all well and good, but as a result of this action by the US Government, US residents are now being denied access to most digital currency payment services. I understand Webmoney (Liberty Reserve’s heretofore main competitor) and Perfect Money are no longer accepting US residents or its citizens abroad.

Dear petg6,

I recommend my broker :slight_smile:

My broker offers:
1:500 leverage
spread as low as 0.3pip
$5 minimum deposit
segregated clients funds
MT4 platform, Sirix webtrader, Mobile trade and Sirix tablet
minimum trading volume 0.01
account manager
fantastic customer service
and more and more

I believe that mine broker is the best for US traders :)!

Not sure if this one has already been mentioned here, but Estonian-based brokerage Tallinex.com accepts US customers with no restrictions. They also offer a unique managed account service at Tallinex - FX Trading Software

I’ve been away from the forum for a week, and will continue to be away most of next week — so, I’m late in responding to recent posts on this thread. I’ll try to play catch-up.

Hello, petg6. I’ve taken a look at the Pellucid FX website, and basically confirmed your findings.

Pellucid FX is a very young brokerage firm, founded by a Canadian guy named Damon Hunt, and domiciled in BWI.

They are unregulated, and they claim that this is a good thing! Here’s a copy-and-paste from their site (I have highlighted one sentence in red, for emphasis):

Regulation

Pellucid FX’s world revolves around giving the trader everything possible to help them beat the market. Being regulated takes certain tools and privileges away from the trader, so Pellucid FX is painstakingly unregulated.

We understand the concern this could raise and have decided to do something bold and open our internal doors to you.

At Pellucid FX we lay it all on the table for you to see: We are who we say we are, and we do what we say we are doing, verifiably so.

Are My Funds Segregated From The Businesses Money?

Yes all client funds are segregated from the companies accounts and verified each month by our lawyers

Pellucid FX offers 3 kinds of accounts, based on type of spreads: variable spreads, fixed spreads, and ECN spreads. However, their website does not reveal any of these spreads, with the following exception — they list ECN spreads (only) for 18 of the 57 currency pairs offered. Prospective customers who want to consider either their Variable Account, or their Fixed Account, are left to wonder what mark-ups Pellucid adds to the “raw” ECN spreads quoted.

This broker deserves a spot on our List, and I will add them when I update the List, in a day or two.

(6/1/13 — edit — the List has been updated)

Every trader who is interested in this broker should perform his/her own careful due diligence. This is especially important in the case of a very new broker (only months in existence), which is unregulated, and is domiciled in the Caribbean region. Also, as part of your due diligence, don’t forget to inquire about a complete list of spreads.

Hello, Jacob. Yes, Tallinex was added to our List a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks for this info.

RE: Forex Broker Inc.
Good broker with US customer service number. Made my first withdrawal on Tuesday - received funds Thursday.

Hi Solidus,

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Feel free to post in the Broker Aid Station, if there are any questions I can help you with regarding FXCM.

Jason

Well, as the guy that probably started this whole mess, I have been working the hardest to stay on top of the broker issue. I believe that I have posted on this subject but I have to disagree with Clint on the use of US brokers. Anything that is under the control of the US government is probably a bad idea. What I have been recommending is to open an off shore IBC (use your attorney as the director) and set up your accounts using your International Business Corp. What ever profit you take out are taxable, and IBCs are perfectly legal. FIFO and Hedging restrictions may keep US traders from being able to use the safest trading system on the planet but it is also pushing US off shore.

I have talked with many traders/investors moving off shore completely to get out from under Uncle Sams foot print. I am another, probably next year. The there is even a tax benefit on your US tax returns for living off shore. Missing brokers are not the problem, they are only a symptom of the real problem. We can’t prove it but we all know that the government is in bed with the banks, why else bail out the banks when the people are hurting so badly? We can’t beat them and I can’t stomach joining them, what does that leave?

Anyway just wanted to report that Lucror no longer accepts US clients. I didn’t know if anyone had mentioned it yet.
Good luck all.
Bob

Hi Forex Assistant,
I went back and read some of your posts from a couple of years ago. Do you still believe what you wrote above?