Golden Rules For Traders

Wow. That’s very complex (for me) and incredibly scary when i think of my family. They live in the UK I live in USA. Maybe I should buy them some GBP. I always get on these old posts so thanks for responding.

Here are some golden rules for traders in the FX market:

1. Always have a plan. Before you enter any trade, you need to know what your goals are and what you’re willing to risk.

2. Don’t trade with a very big amount.

3. Have patience. Don’t expect to make a fortune in the first few trades. It takes time to learn the ropes and become a successful trader.

4. Don’t get emotional.

5. Learn from your mistakes. Yes everytime you trade, learn from your mistakes.

There’s an unspoken rule about back seat editing, don’t do it. Start your own post instead.

Hi philipit,

It’s a discussion forum and if you check out the conversation my observations were appreciated and acted upon, with much thanks from me. The whole point here is to have a discussion and refine, and to learn from one another, not to go off starting separate threads that would make no sense! I don’t see this as back seat editing, and nor did others in the thread.