Good trading conditions

Hi alejobostero,

I am very interested in the development of your thread. I am certain that there are many lurkers wanting to know more as well. Keep it going!

Could you please elaborate on how you trade the M5 chart. It’s clear enough that you trade in the direction of the H4 chart when the cloud and HA candles agree. What parameters are you looking for on an M5 chart entry? Do you simply enter on the M5 chart when the same parameters match the H4 chart?

Green pips for all!

Hello Bobkat,

I use the same clouud in the 5 minute chart, I just wait for theprice to break the cloud in the direction of the 4Hr charts and I put a stop loss above the cloud when going short and below when im going long and a take profit 2 times the distance of the stop loss. Risk:reward ratio of 2:1.
Thats it!

I really want people in here to tell me how they time their entries since I consider that timing good entries will add some profitabilty to this method.

@alejobostero; Hey man I’m in the process of creating my own trading system right now and pretty much what i want to do is look at a bunch of other peoples trading systems and see what i like. I am relatively new, just finished the school of pipsology; so hey man if you could do me a favour of of either PMING me OR posting on here.

Could you provide me with the links that teach you about these 2 indicators:"Ichimoku cloud and Heiken Ashi candle"
Or even better if you could explain what they are, and what in particular you look for when trading these 2 indicators.
This “plan” of yours really intrigued me because it is simple yet very effective.
Also are you using this for day trading? scalping? swing trading?

Again I am in the process of learning right now and any help would be very much appreciated.

1 Like

Hello Bobjones1252,

Well, i dont have the links you are asking me about but there are tons and tons of articles about ichimoku and its signals on the web; and heiken ashi candles are just a visual way for me to look at the markets. What I particularly look is a “good entrey point”, so in an uptrend, I’m looking for the price to be below the cloud so there is a good potential that the price has not extended or gone into an overboought level and I look for the price to be above the cloud in a downtrend.

I have a day trading style because I trade the 5 minute charts and my trades usually are active for 2 hours top… usually not more than that.

I hope the best for you

Hey, thanks for the reply. Yes i found links and videos that explain the ichimoku cloud + heiken ashi candles. So i am well aware on how they work now. My only questions is you say that in an UPTREND you look for the price to be below the cloud. Vs what most people do is when in an UPTREND you look for the price to be above the cloud and use the cloud as a support area? Same thing in a downtrend. People wait for the cloud to be above price and again use it as resistance. Could you explain why you trade the way you do?

Yes Bobjones1252,

I believe that a downtrend in a 5 minute chart is just a pullback in a 4 hr UPTREND chart
and that an uptrend in a 5 minute chart us just a pullback in a 4 hr DOWNTREND chart.
That’s why I trade the ichimoku cloud that way.
Hope it makes sence to you

Yes i do understand what you are saying. thanks for the reply!

Hi bobjones1252,
Could you please share the link for the video? Thanks.

Hey i honestly youtube Ichimoku forex. There was a video by DailyFX

Just my experience over the last 4 years of trading: very few people survive the learning process, and at some point I realised that I had to depend on myself, especially once I began to swim into deeper water.

For timing entries, I usually enter at the break of the high of a signal candle (if going long), or the break of the low (if going short). To me, it’s straightforward. If price is going to move up, then it must break the previous high first.

I don’t use the cloud , i use pure price action with candles. What i do is , i put a buy or sell order 10 pips beone the last high candle or low candle . That been said in the direction of the 4hr.

Found it, thanks bobjones1252 !

Hey alejobostero I personally am quite interested in your thread and hope others will participate.I was wondering if you could time entries by using Japanese candles first eg. shooting stars,hammers marabozus and haramis etc as possible strong signals and then switch back to heiken ashi would work?

Pity that this thread seems to have seized up, I thought it was a very promising method that certainly justified more examination and consideration. Personally, I think the thread owner is onto something quite concrete here. I have been looking at this and I believe it has good potential. I think that maybe trading off a 5 min chart from 4H moves is perhaps a bit extreme and will only generate small gains relative to the size of the moves identified By the cloud and HA. Maybe 1H/30min/15min charts would work better?

At least, plotting this against my own 4H methods, it looks good…maybe you should all give this a second look?

I agree (with that and your other comments above).

As you see from my three posts on the first page, it certainly got my attention. On the other hand, those [I]do[/I] tend to be threads that “die the death”, here … :33:

Well, you ARE a hard act to follow, Lexys! I often feel that if I were to try and add anything to your comments it would only sound very banal and trivial! :slight_smile:

We have an expression here that it is “hard to fill the boots” of someone who achieves and knows a lot - in your case it would be many times harder to try and fill any of your shoes! :smiley:

Just to whet a few appetites, here’s the same structure overlaid with the Ribbon Method…ei hassumpi!!!

Hi @alejobostero ,

I know I’m asking this question quite late, but I’m curious to know if you are still using this technique because it really is quite interesting. If not, then is there a reason stop using it?

Also i was hoping to know if you were able to figure out an exit strategy for this.

Thanks in advance

Best Forex Trading Conditions
Spreads from 0.0 pips.
Average execution speed 0.1 seconds.
Minimum deposit from as low as $25.
No commission fees on Classic account.
Swap-free option on all trading accounts*
No commissions on Stock Indices and Bonds.
No requotes, delays or interventions.
All trading strategies allowed.

This is great as I can definitely see the trend and patterns of the 4h and 5m (hindsight) but how do you see what direction to get in and when momentum is changing.

I know that some of you will definitely find this guide useful. It’s a pretty definitive guide on how every element of the IKH can be used including the 5 main trading strategies used.
What I’m attempting to do now is find settings that are more compatible with smaller time frames like the 15m. So I’m testing out the settings that @alejobostero and @lexys were mentioning. One question I have for the both of you though is what is your logic/reasoning behind using those values?

IchimokuWiki.pdf (466.4 KB)