Good Trading Course

Hey guys,

Im a newbie here. Ive recently finished the baby pips school and Im now learning for further Forex education. I found this website welph.com but Im having second thoughts about paying them for their course. Does some one know them? Is there a way to know whether they are a scam or not?

Could you also give me some recommendations if youve had any other forex course online?

Thanks

Carry out a search on the website ie website name scam, website name forums.

Also send them an email & ask who runs the course.

Then search on the internet with the name/s that are given.

Normally reputable people will have a track record on the internet.

Thank you for the reply!
I’ve already sent an email at their contact page, waiting for the reply. Although looking for “forex courses” it doesn’t come up at the first page of google search… Ive seen an adv on facebook…
Could you recommend some trustworthy courses?

Hi,
As for reputable forex courses, there are only a few and a simple google search should get you some. I would second DD’s advice and add to it, for now, as you are a newbie, you could start off with a demo or a micro live and build up a strategy.
As for courses, other than Poulos, cannot think of anything else at the moment.

Even if it is reputable you are more than likely paying for crap…

They will teach you their secret breakout,reversal and divergence technique.If it is so good why are they teaching instead of using it ,because its so easier to make $450 per person and spout them any old system

I will repeat what has said plenty of times before when it comes to a question like yours: All the material you will learn you can find for free and there is no need for you to pay some lousy scammer anything. Finding the material yourself and taking advantage of free resources will in the end teach you more than some washed out trader who did not cut it. That’s my take on it.

Lol this debate comes around from time to time so no point going back through all of it but why is this site so full of people who think that their opinion is the gospel truth and all others are automatically nonsense. There is no reason to believe that all Forex course providers are lazy scammers, and some will prefer the contextualised learning with follow up support that is available through a well-organized course. Sure there is a lot of open source information out there, but many rookie traders struggle to spot the wheat from the chaff and don’t know which bits to apply, which bits suit them, and which bits to leave out. A quick perusal of this very site will suggest that most new traders have no reliable guidance in their trading lives and will spend a long time running around like headless chickens trying all sorts before eventually giving up having never made any money.

To me, it is bizarre how many people believe that they can learn a skill that could become the defining profession of their lives, could make them an awful lot of money without ever working for a boss again, but expect to achieve all of this from bits they pieced together from the Internet.

There’s probably enough information out there for me to read about all the skills needed to become many things, from mechanic to doctor, but quite rightly the world wouldn’t trust in my career-level competence at either without some form of formal training.

But anyway, there will be views on both sides but I wish people could put their own view without stating that anyone who disagrees is an idiot and plain wrong, which is increasingly becoming he way on here - and explains why I no longer post charts and limit my posts to generic views such as this one.

OP: I took a course, have applied what I learned and have made back vastly more than my course fees, have no interest in going back into the debate here as I’ll just get flamed again but check through my old posts (or search the archive for threads on training courses) and you will see the detail I have previously posted.

Most people on here can’t trade successfully over the long haul to save their lives, we all work to the statistic that 95% of traders fail, and most on here are passionately against paying a bit of coin to learn their craft. Go figure.

ST

1 Like

Interesting, I am a super newbie, currently I am also going through the babypips and planning to go further, this post has helped me a lot, thanks all…

I am completely in agreement with ST.

I took the scenic route even though I pushed the midnight oil to the max. it still took
me quite a while to find the correct information to piece together a trading plan. If I
calculated the cost of the ‘midnight oil’ I would say it came to a lot more than ST paid
for Knowledge to action. (Free time is not really free! There is always a cost.)

The problems occur because of the scammers, the low life who pray on naĂŻve newbs &
the naysayers who are either jealous that a person can pay for the info., or has an
axe to grind with the world.

All I can say to the newbie is investigate all the possibilities, yes I will say it again carry
out your due diligence, send emails, search names, go to their offices if it is a residential
type course. This is important stuff, don’t blow it by cutting corners & being impatient.
(patience: a trait which will come in useful down the line)

ST great to see you posting again. “Illegitimi non carborundum”

I think I may use that as my new signature.

Illegitimi non carborundum

I also agree with ST and DD and on the other hand I agree with Rambo :confused: Before you try to figure out what camp is right, you need to know that 1. There is very little in trading that is black and white; there is a whole lot of grey.2. There is not too much, “never or always;” but there is a whole of “depends.” Just like there is more than one way to get to ten, trading is the same way, to quote Master Tang, "more than one way to skin a leopard.

Some people are better at teaching than trading you can find it in sports and just about anything else including trading. How is someone a great teacher in sales for example, who is not a very good sales person? They might be better at teaching than selling. People have different experiences and situations that they draw from.

Your question is to broad for you to get a helpful answer. Before someone can a helpful answer, you have to post a few personal things along with your question. Example. 1. What type of trader do you think you are; scalper, day trader, swing trader or position trader? if you don’t know do a goggle search on each one to get the definition . This goes to what the people who said, you learn a lot more than just the item you’re looking for. For example if after looking up those definitions and based on the definition, you are most like a scalper, then you wouldn’t be interested in swing trading courses being offered, buy probably be very interested in scalping courses, especially to pay for the course.

You will always be put in positions where you have to make a decision and you want to make more right ones than wrong, so learning what kind of trader you are first, will help you with everything you have to decide. Such as confusing costs with value. Many people who tell you never pay for anything, are most likely confusing cost with value: again not always. If you have some insight on the subject you should be easier to tell them apart.
Hope this helps Good Luck
Gp

The problem is that forex is not like those professions. Of course nobody would trust you if you are a doctor, but never went to med school. So there are professions where it is vital to go and study in a classroom from a teacher or professor, but comparing those to forex trading is not the right thing to do. Again that is my opinion on it. We do agree that most will fail as traders and the majority in this forum are not well established traders.

I see noting wrong with giving a newbies both thoughts on it so they can decide which approach suits them better. I think that is why we are here, if we all would have the same opinion this forum would be pointless. Again, my take on it.

To be clear i haven’t seen this site before. but after a brief look at “whats included” it looks pretty simple and you could might pick up what they’re going to teach you in a few good books. the key to having a good system and strategy is that it fits you. that you choose either a full system or pick parts of systems and put them together…

If your looking for good courses. Id recommend you take a look at Van Tharp’s Website. he is a psychologist and expert trader / Educator. he teaches about fitting a system to you. Id also consider buying his “Peek Performance” and “how to Develop a winning system that fits you”.

[QUOTE=“Rambo35;555246”] The problem is that forex is not like those professions. Of course nobody would trust you if you are a doctor, but never went to med school. So there are professions where it is vital to go and study in a classroom from a teacher or professor, but comparing those to forex trading is not the right thing to do. Again that is my opinion on it. We do agree that most will fail as traders and the majority in this forum are not well established traders. I see noting wrong with giving a newbies both thoughts on it so they can decide which approach suits them better. I think that is why we are here, if we all would have the same opinion this forum would be pointless. Again, my take on it.[/QUOTE]

Well that’s a pretty selective quote, and your advocacy of self-taught trading has toned down somewhat since your original post. But I guess that’s progress.

I took exception to you lumping them all in as ‘lousy scammers’, and my analogy to other professions - and I included just two, but I mean, obviously, a comparison with any taught skill, not just those two - was more a generic suggestion that any skill that brings a high stakes reward, whether money, health whatever, is vastly easier to acquire when learned from someone who has that skill, rather than by participating in free, anonymous discussion groups and watching the odd YouTube video. One thought, though - the coaching I went through was also effectively free, as in each month that I went for a session, I earned more through trading than the session cost me.

But anyway, you have calmed your usual hyperbole and are suddenly playing the ‘just my opinion’ card, so my work here is done. My days of trying to persuade others of my argument based on the success I have enjoyed are way behind me.

We have each put our views out there, so balance is restored and readers can draw their own conclusions.

ST

Guys, Im so grateful for your recommendations and advice!
At first I agreed with the first replies of the thread, as: “all online courses are scammers and so on”. But then I cannot disagree with SimonTemplar and daydreamer. After all, to be honest, Ive already lost over 2k usd in the market and I can’t even say that it gave me any “experience”. :frowning: Im planning to open another account but I don’t feel like going back to the market without someone leading me, its just too dangerous and the pain of the losses is too big. I actually really regret losing my money because I could have invested it in education (no necessarily forex), cause Im a student and every dollar counts.
You know, Im just tired of looking for “some simple stuff that works” on the internet. People think it si all available, but all I have been able to find so far are completely useless strategies which used to work and became publicly known after they stopped working or just bunch of theoretical info like babypips, which teaches you A LOT about the markets but when it comes to actual trading, it doesn’t help you much.

Anyway, after all I decided to give it a shot. I was deciding between the recommended vantharp.com and welph.com. Don’t take it as ignorance, but I am not really a type of person who believes in chakras, spiritual energy and all that stuff :confused:
I also received a reply from the welch.com website… They actually started the online courses cause they could not teach that many students face-to-face. And guess what, I actually found their old live course ad! There are three of them (as far as I know): a Polish guy, a Czech and one British guy. :smiley:
Anyway, they explained how the course works, firstly Ill get the books according to my course and then I will get contact to one of the guys from the who will explain me every single detail and mistake… Honestly the last part: having someone to correct me is the most awesome thing. Im still deciding between the two courses they offer, but Im almost sure Ill give it a shot.
I realise its a risk, but thats what forex is about :smiley: Later if I do take the course, Ill write smth feedback about it.

1 Like

[QUOTE=“daydreamer65;554960”] I am completely in agreement with ST. I took the scenic route even though I pushed the midnight oil to the max. it still took me quite a while to find the correct information to piece together a trading plan. If I calculated the cost of the ‘midnight oil’ I would say it came to a lot more than ST paid for Knowledge to action. (Free time is not really free! There is always a cost.) The problems occur because of the scammers, the low life who pray on naïve newbs & the naysayers who are either jealous that a person can pay for the info., or has an axe to grind with the world. All I can say to the newbie is investigate all the possibilities, yes I will say it again carry out your due diligence, send emails, search names, go to their offices if it is a residential type course. This is important stuff, don’t blow it by cutting corners & being impatient. (patience: a trait which will come in useful down the line) ST great to see you posting again. “Illegitimi non carborundum” I think I may use that as my new signature. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Illegitimi non carborundum[/QUOTE]

I entirely agree.

And thank you for the rewelcome. They might not get me down, but that can dim my enthusiasm for engaging!

Glad to see that you are still around, too. A sane voice on an increasingly reactionary forum.

You’re more than welcome, Vladimir. The issue with this, as with most aspects of trading, is that what works for one will not necessarily work for someone else, as we all need different things.

I’m glad that the range of responses you have received had helped clarify your thinking.

I’m sure that we would all be interested to read any feedback you would be kind enough to post once you have made a decision. It would certainly help others in your position.

Good luck with it!

ST

I couldn’t find that site which you mentioned.

However which ever course you choose give it 110% & as ST said:-

I’m sure that we would all be interested to read any feedback you would be kind enough to post once you have made a decision. It would certainly help others in your position.

Also an appraisal of the course once you have finished.

I am using Forex forums, google and some experts advice to get some brief details.

As per my opinion self research, good forums , blogs and google is the best way to learn in brief about trading. You can use expert advice also for that.

Totally Agree with Simon Templar here. There is no reason to believe that each and every course is a scam. This is not a promotion and going to share my true experience with Forex Courses.Few months back I joined Babypips forum after done with the beginner course/school. But I always wanted to learn something more advance than Babypips materials. So I look for several other courses.

Then I found Chris Capre thread about Price Action trading here on BP. I have gone through the whole thread and got some idea about the Price Action. Also looked for his other work beyond BP. Found some nice reviews and informative website related to his courses & him.

After that, I decided to take the one of the price Action courses by him. Well I must say that is worth of every penny spent which brought me to a new level of trading. So I would like to give A+ recommendation for courses by Chris Capre.

You can check his BP thread below

http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/45414-understanding-price-action-chris-capre-289.html

Also high quality article on Price Action

How To Trade Price Action Trends In Forex - What You’ve Been Missing - 2ndSkies Forex