Google Docs Links Scam

Hey guys, This is actually my first post. Ive been searching for indicators using various websites. I went on my google docs today had a document that i had not created. The document had a description of a indicator with a screenshot of it on a chart. Below was a link to download it. After some research i believe this was an attempt to give me malware.

I believe someone managed to get my email from MQL5.com and sent me the document. The strange thing was that they knew which indicator i was after. It wasn’t just a random one. It was the one i have been looking for on various websites. Anyway if this happens to you do not open the document.

If you access it they will know when you looked at it and where your mouse was located. Then i would guess they will try to attack you in different ways knowing you are active. Im not much of a computer person but i would assume they can also get your I.P from this.

sorry for being a bit long winded but hopefully this can help someone else. If you get one of these Google docs just report it as Malware. In the mean time i might look into getting a VPN to protect my online activity especially when it comes to important data such as forex trading.

3 Likes

This is what you’re talking about. It’s been around years. Google Drive link phishing

Thanks for making us aware.

3 Likes

After reading the article id say that is exactly what happened to me. Thanks for the article it explains everything quite well.

1 Like

Be careful with this scam and others related to Google Docs. You can also receive NSFW files as part of the scam as well.

2 Likes

With the rising number of traders, the number of forex scams is also increasing. It is important for a trader to learn to differentiate between a scam and a genuine offer. You must never go for deals that seem to be too good to be true. Instead, focus on obtaining knowledge so that you don’t need to look for shortcuts.

1 Like

With the increasing popularity of trading, the number of scams has also increased. It is high time that traders understand to differentiate scams from genuine options. Anything that guarantees success is a scam. Anything that asks for information that others don’t is scam.

1 Like

This is why it is recommended not to risk your money before researching enough.

This is phishing. It has been there for many years now. This is just one such case, you will get a lot of spam messages and you will come across various scammers who will try to cheat you with such messages and false promises. So be very careful.

This is phishing. It has been there for many years now. This is just one such case, you will get a lot of spam messages and you will come across various scammers who will try to cheat you with such messages and false promises. So be very careful.

1 Like