Greetings and Salutations

Hello All,

Been experimenting with trading for a few months now, working through the school of pipsology, and reading what I can. My goal is to stick with this long enough to make this my full-time gig, and while I recognize that this will be a long road to walk, I’m looking forward to it, I have the time.

So far, I’ve won more than I lost, but am sure this is more beginners luck than skill since I’m not really doing a lot of technical analysis thus far. Mostly following the sentiment on Trading View with a dash of fundamentals. I didn’t start with a demo account and feel this was beneficial, since it’s quickly caused me to keep my emotions in check. Never before have I been so focused on gaining or losing $3! :slight_smile:

Anyway, I hope to be a part of the conversation here, and look forward to meeting people doing the same.

All the best,
Mr Negligence

Welcome to BP, a positive win-loss is only part of the issue.

You really need to understand the how many wins or loses in a row and what the average of each is.

Thanks @midwest. So far I’m positive, but that’s just been luck. I’m trading short time frames with small amounts of capital until I can learn enough to develop a solid trading plan.

I also come from a software development/programming background, so hope to be getting into automated trading within the next few months. :robot:

All the best!