Greetings from the Dominican Republic! I am René

Hello everyone, my name is René and I’m from the Dominican Republic. I’m 33 years old, an electrical engineer with a master’s degree in corporate finance and another master’s degree in the electric power industry.

I’ve always been interested on how the forex market works and how to begin trading, but I’ve also been too scare to try it. Mainly because I don’t I have any guidance… until now. Hopefully, babypips will teach me the things a need to know about becoming a great trader.

My main objective right now is to learn. But in the long-run, I would love to trade and have a side income, and who knows, maybe trade for a living… (only if it’s posible, of course).

1 Like

Hi Rene, welcome. I was in the DR last year, very friendly people…

1 Like

Welcome, Rene. Read all you can read here. Ask questions and you`ll be answered. Then test yourself in demo trading. And remember to do not risk what you cant afford to lose.

1 Like

Thank you for your advice. I am currently going through the entire course of the School of Pipsology and watching a lot of YouTube videos from different sources. I also opened 2 demo accounts from different brokers just to get the feel of the marker. Planning to demo trae for two years.

I want to do this right.

1 Like

Hi Rene, your story sounds very cool really. You should get something like our forum and treat it along the way. I like your attitude, select some reputable broker and regulated and start your journey with some demo account, however do not make big moves yet.

1 Like

Great start! Welcome to the community and hope you’ll stick around to share your new journey. :slight_smile: Good luck!

1 Like

Welcome to babypips René. Are you going through the school right now? :blush:

1 Like

Yeah! I’m a proud Elementary school boy from the School of Pipsology, haha. Did you go through the entire course?

1 Like

Still a long way to go but you’ll get there. Yup I finished the entire course. :blush: