Greetings to everyone from sunny Lisbon, Portugal

I’ve been interested in Forex on and off for about a year now but have finally made up my mind to invest some serious time in studying it and learning much more before I dive (slowly) into it.

It would be really nice one day (not too far ahead I hope) to be able to work from home and just make a normal or even a much more decent income.

Nothing huge (who knows) but just the thought of been able to be my own boss and have flexible hours, even though I am aware that it is hard work sometimes, is a very welcoming thought.
I can surely see myself doing this.

Of course I’m in it for the potential earnings it can bring but the lifestyle must be just one of a kind.

Good trading everyone!

1 Like

Welcome welcoooome @hugolux! :smiley: I think it’s great that you have pretty realistic expectations and goals from trading. :slight_smile: Good luck with your trading journey and I really hope you achieve your goals! :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you @ria_rose for the welcoming. You are the first member I interact with here.

Sure thing…to keep everything realistic is, I believe and have learned, a mature attitude to enter trading of any sort…let’s just see where it takes me.

And I’ll always be here to cheer for you! :smiley: Haha. :slight_smile: Have you already started demo trading? :slight_smile:

1 Like

You are very kind.

Yes I have done some demo trading for a short time some months ago using MT4 and although I understand it is obviously different because it is not a real account, I think I was doing pretty well.

There were days when I would just easily make from €20 to €50 on each position and always opening a maximum of four small positions.
Working the maths that would be about €80 to €200 per day. Of course I would lose some days but in the long run and doing the maths again I was most of the time very profitable.

Then there were those crazy days when the market would just go bullish and one time on four open positions I got around €150 on each of those.

Either way not bad for a days work…such is Forex!

Welcome to BP. I hope trading goes profitably for you.

I don’t know Lisbon yet but enjoyed a wonderful break in Porto in 2017. Definitely made a promise to return to Portugal. Also must hear some more fado!

What are the best 3 thing about living in Lisbon?

1 Like

Hello and it is very nice to meet you!

• The beach lifestyle as Lisbon has so many beautiful beaches that even in winter is a pleasure to take a walk on them. We even have the highest waves in Europe for surfing located at Peniche where we hold the Rip Curl Pro WSL every October!

• The food as we have so many delicious and traditional foods to eat. Turists just love it!

• The culture as we are surrounded by lots of beautiful historical places, monuments and museums of all kinds. Also we have an extremely long history as people. There is just so much to do and see in Lisbon!

Hope this helps and I hope to see you around here one day.

Good trading!

1 Like

I would love to visit Lisbon one day. In the year we went to Porto with friends I had actually nominated Lisbon but was outvoted. Still, you have a beautiful country. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to the community. Looks like you’re off to a good start. What trading strategy are you using, if you don’t mind me asking?