Happy 30th birthday to the internet (although it's really the world wide web)

What would we all be doing right now without the internet? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Probably be working in a field somewhere instead of an office :smiley:

I always wonder the same! Everything is about the internet now!

I can’t believe it’s been that long but at the same time three decades are nothing and yet it has changed life and culture in so many different ways.

1 Like

I think I’d be in an office somewhere transcribing stuff because there’s no AI yet to do it. :laughing:

@mlawson71 Makes you think what’s going to be the next ubiquitous tech in the next 20/30 years!

I think tech companies will be looking into developing virtual reality technologies more, as well as creating various transhumanist ehhancements for the mind and the senses.

Basically Ready Player One in real life!

I haven’t watched that, actually. Is it good?

Thank God for the internet. The internet has saved us from so much trouble. Do you think you would have completed your education without the internet? We should thank that the internet was created as it has bring the people so much connected. Can you name the biggest benefit of the internet?

It’s okay. I think the book is better. :slight_smile: But if you’re not planning on reading the book, it’s good to see also for a nice vision of what the future could possibly look like.

Communication!

1 Like

I didn’t even know it was based on an actual book.

Yeah! That’s how it became popular. :slight_smile: It had a lot of geeky 90s gaming reference.

1 Like

Yes, that’s for sure. It bring me so much possibilities to earn money or to find new friends that I can’t even imagine. Without it it will be much worse… or let’s say OTHER world, like it was. It also had it pros previously by people being more social than ever in reality.

I did notice the references in the movie trailer (which I did see :D) but I had no idea about the book. Is the book any good?

Yeah I recommend it. If you were a big Atari fan, I’d say it’s a good read. It gets cheesy sometimes but if you’re there for the geeky references, should be fun. :slight_smile:

Thank you for the recommendation then, I’ll give it a try. I was looking for something engaging to read anyway.

Yay! Let me know if you like it! :slight_smile: I found it to be more geared for dude readers, not sure if that works better for you :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thank you, I will, once I get around to reading it!

1 Like

Talking to our children