Happy Corner: Kiwi (NZD) pairs

Will the Kiwi bounce back up this week? NZD/USD is currently moving inside a falling channel on it’s 4-hour time frame and it just bounced from the bottom. However, stochastic is in the overbought region, suggesting that Kiwi bears could push this pair lower later on.

same as with the AUD,with the woes of the Eurozone and china slowdown its not looking good for the kiwi,dont forget tonights trade balance figures out of NZ which could be a mover for the pair.

I agree with you, mate! As long as this risk off environment lasts for the next few days, we just might see a strong Kiwi selloff. I’ll keep an eye out for those trade balance figures for sure though!

Hi traders,

I thought i post something interesting for us to discuss.

What are your reactions on this chart?

All interesting stuff and a nice picture of a butterfly  thrown in:59:

If you’ve been watching the comdolls as close as I have, then you should know that NZD/USD has been on a 150-pip range since early September. With Stochastic nearly in the oversold region though, the Kiwi bulls may soon target the .8350 range resistance. What do you think?

I’ve especially been watching this pair as well. I think .8350 is very possible. I’m actually looking for a reason to get long the Kiwi :slight_smile: Price is sitting on support (.8270ish) and looks pretty strong…

I have been watching this pair too, and going long as at .82109. I almost jumped in when it reached .82 then dropped just a little bit lower to .818 waited for a solid bounce wich in my opinion happened and jumped in long so lets see how this goes. GL if your riding this too and hope we catch some pips.

carefull guys NZ is still getting dragged down by the ozzie and may have a way to go yet

I’ve been watching this too and I’m agreeing with no9to5 on this. I’m going in …

I may be wrong but this looks like the sell off phase just before it takes a dive.

Don’t look now but there’s a bullish divergence right at the bottom of NZD/USD’s 4-hour range! The pair bounced a couple of times off the .8200 major psychological area and it seems that this level won’t give way. If it keeps rallying, it has a good 100 pips to go until the top of the range around .8330.

What do you get when you combine a range and an oscillator? Easy trade setups, of course! NZD/USD has been happily bouncing along a 60-pip range on the 1-hour chart and this time it looks like there’s room for an upside move. Will stochastic skip the oversold region and take the Kiwi on a ride to top of the range?

The pair has very good chances to rally for a decent gain this week.

cheers

Looks like the Kiwi’s downtrend is still very much intact! On NZD/USD’s 4-hour chart, the falling channel connecting the highs and lows of the pair is still holding as the pair appears poised to test the bottom once more. However, stochastic is currently making its way out of the oversold territory, suggesting that a Kiwi rally might be in the cards.

I hope the down trend continues because after the interest rating announcement it rallied like crazy up and keep going up :frowning:

(first post)

Hi! Thanks for posting here! How was your trade? Looks like the pair broke above the channel and is using the previous resistance as support right now.

After bouncing from the .8100 handle last week, NZD/USD looks like it’s forming a bullish pennant on the 4-hour chart. According to the School of Pipsology, pennants are usually continuation signals. Will it hold true for Kiwi this time around?

After several unsuccessful attempts at breaking beyond the .8350 minor psychological level, the pair seems ready to test the resistance once more. It still has a long way to go though, so you might have to wait until the middle of the week if you’re planning to short around .8350. Be sure to wait for stochastic to reach the overbought mark and turn downwards before jumping in.

Since I started babypips, I am always looking forward to reading your setups. I really appreciate your input. Im long in this NZD USD trade for 3 week now. 3/4 of my TP is at 83. Hope it hits it tonight. This is the first time I stayed with a pair this long. I am not so sure if I just got lucky. I hope to duplicate it though. Thanks a lot.