Happy Corner: Loonie (CAD) pairs

you gotta to be kidding me brother, if you din know how to look on timeframe!!..

Actually the image is in low resolution… So, couldn’t figure that out… :wink:

Looks like 1.0100 support/bottom of the channel is holding for now and that’s also bottom WATR for the week. NFP could be a make or break and, since I won’t be able to watch my charts then, I’ll sit this one out.

Thanks to weaker than expected U.S. jobs data, risk aversion pushed USD/CAD up from the bottom of the channel last week. Of course it also helped that the channel support lined up with 1.0100 and was close to last week’s bottom WATR.

Will the upward momentum carry it all the way to the top of the channel this week? It looks like the pair is stalling right in the middle while a bearish divergence already formed.

Which way do you think it’ll go?

The Loonie is testing the 1.0130 handle, an area that has served as a pretty solid support last week. Will the level hold once again, or will QE speculations drag the pair to new intraweek lows? Let the tug-o-pips begin!

Is USD/CAD’s rally just one giant pullback? Reversal candles are forming at the 61.8% Fib, which is in line with a former support level on the 4-hour time frame. At the same time, stochastic is in the overbought zone, suggesting that Loonie bears might need a break. Do you think the downtrend will resume soon?

Should I jump in or should I wait for more confirmation? Share your thoughts with me!

Maybe it has broken it’s resistance level now… :slight_smile:

Are you seeing the big engulfing bearish candle on D1? Could this mean a move down to the 1.0064 level??

Yep, saw that earlier too! Plus that resistance level actually lined up with top WATR resistance for the week, so all the technical signals seem to line up for a short trade. If it does drop, it might test those former lows around 1.0064 like you mentioned.

Did you trade this one?

I was waiting to find an entry last night but fell asleep! I will keep an eye out today incase a opportunity presents itself. Are you based in the US? Seems like our posts on this and the AUD/USD thread seem to be far apart!!

If you’re planning on shorting the comdolls, then trading USD/CAD’s parity level might be your best bet right now. The major psychological handle is not only a former resistance level on the daily chart, but it’s also the bottom of the falling channel that we’re all watching!

There’s also a little RSI divergence supporting a Long, albeit not as strong as I would like. I have lines on my chart that are pretty identical to your own, and if today’s Daily closes as a low test then I’ll certainly place a long order this evening (I’m taking a pretty conservative approach in the current market).

But we’re thinking the same way.

ST

Raking in those profits, I suppose? Are you gonna keep this trade open until the NFP release?

If this rallies all the way up to the 1.0100 area, I’ll be jumping in short. Where is your target?

Lol well I’m not sure I’d so far as to say ‘raking in’ but I’m still with it, yes. It has made the typically underwhelming start to a NFP Friday but I’m sticking with it. Yes, I will hold it through NFP, but my Stop is at BE so it’s all upside really.

Target is a little fluid, given the current conditions, the fact that it is NFP etc. I’m not sure we’ll get there, so I really just have it in as insurance - I always place a TP order, then manage my Stop up to it, so if we get a retracement or reversal I still get out with a profit.

On this occasion, I have set my TP at 1.0168 - it’s around the top of the Daily falling channel, as well as around the 38.2 Fib level for the duration of the move. That would be a good R:R, and I will manage the trade towards that level, as a lot could happen before then - it’s NFP, obviously, plus yesterday Price peaked just below the Monthly and Weekly Pivots, which are at the same level (just below your 1.0100 level). I absolutely see why you would short there, I just have the more ambitious TP in as a backstop. I expect that my trailed Stop will be taken out ahead of then. But it’s good to have dreams lol.

Have a good weekend if we don’t overlap again ahead of then.

ST

How did your trade turn out? That NFP was quite a bummer for me…

USD/CAD’s falling channel on the 4-hour time frame is still intact and there’s a bullish divergence right on the 1.0000 major psychological mark. That’s right in line with the bottom of the channel, which means that Loonie bulls might have a tough time breaking that support level.

Lol like your turn of phrase, it was ‘quite a bummer’ for me, too. I closed 50% of the position for a profit when the market began to turn, and trailed the Stop on the remainder to BE. This was then hit. Similar story with AUD/USD and GBP/USD, which were my two other trades from last week. I made some money, but disappointing. But what can you do?! It happens, sigh.

After pausing just above the .9900 major psychological handle, it looks like USD/CAD is ready for a bounce! Those who are looking for an area to short can take a risk at parity, which is near the 50% Fib on the 4-hour chart.

This USDCAD trade looks promising. There may be a possible bounce from the support zone. I am willing to risk playing with a larger position size on this trade. As the risk to reward ratio is very favourable at 1 is to 5.
LONG USDCAD around 0.9800-20
Stop loss below 0.9780
Target profit 1.0000

Nice charting and very nice trade. I will be getting in on this one for sure.

RSI on the daily chart shows this pair as very oversold. It was under 30 only a day or two ago.

Price of oil is up too so that should help this pair hit that 0.9820 mark.