Hard sales pitch from GFT- is this the norm?

Hello! I’m new to this site (and forex in general) and only in 4th grade here at the babypips school (THANKS so much for the existance of this site, BTW!).

I bought & read the “Complete Idiots” book about forex, which was written by the founder of GFT. Basicly what I learned from this book is that I need to learn WAY more than what’s in it! It was a good introduction, tho.

Yesterday I signed up for a demo account with GFT. This morning I got a phone call from them and had to explain over and over that NO, I do not want to open a funded account at this time- just the demo! No matter how many times and ways I said it, the guy kept saying that I should go ahead and open an account (not actually using it until I’m ready) so I can recieve training from him. This went on for nearly 10 minutes!

I don’t know a lot about forex yet, but I DO know that I should try several platforms/demo accounts before I decide where to put my real money. Am I going to get this sales pitch every time I open a demo account with someone?

Any suggestions for which company’s platforms/demos I should try? I’m in the US, and I’m thinking it would be safer to stick with US-based companies…

Thanks in advance for any advice! :slight_smile:

Oh, and I STILL haven’t received a password for the demo account, even though the guy confirmed my email address on the phone. That alone makes me leery about how they treat their customers… :frowning:

hello and wellcome to babypips forum.
well i never had such a problem not with GFT and not even with 10 other brokers.from last week i opend my first live account with RFXT and so far very happy with them.you should try several brokers demo accounts cos they use different platforms,leverage and of course costumer service so after you try different platforms you decide which one is the best for you and then you should try other brokers but with the platform you like most the same as i did and i choose MetaTrader 4 trading platform cos it�s very good for a system i use.

good luck and have a successfull trading

I also received a hard sales pitch from them about 6 months ago. I went to InterbankFX. They seem awfully nice :slight_smile:

Thanks for the replies & info! :slight_smile: I will check them out.

To be fair, I just found the GFT demo password- it was in my Spam folder with all the Pottery Barn emails… :rolleyes:

I’ll try it out, but hard sell tactics give me a bad vibe!

i made the mistake of buying the complete idiot’s guide to forex too and was really turned off by the constant plugs. it’s like one big ad for gft. not to mention the content wasn’t all that great.