Has Anyone Actually Met a Successful Forex Trader in Real Life?

No I have not met a trader, out f all my friends on facebook from my school years I am the only one trading in currency, my cousin did however trade stocks

The way I stumbled into this, I played with some ponzi schemes years back that claimed to make their money in forex so i got interested started looking for places to trade, Technically this is a 50/50 thing up or down.

I haven’t meet any trader that are success. im still struggling but hope at least can sustain a profit. i hope that i also meet those that make it in this business so that i can keep it going…

2 Likes

Yes, I am a retail trader with a 9-5 job. I am consistently profitable for the last 2 yrs.

Everyone has their own benchmarks for a successful trader. for me, he/she is someone who is able to make profitable trades consistently and knows when to exit and how much to invest and expect a return.
so yes, i have. the one i learnt trading from, My Best Friend.

Hello, I just found this topic and was reading along, I am curious to know after 7 years how are the two people that you met doing? Are they still living of trading? Thanks.

They usually don’t go by “Forex Trader”. Sometimes they go by “banker”, “doctor”, etc.

Forex is part-time for most people. It only takes a couple hours a week to make a $thousands profit out of a big savings account.

Only when I look in the mirror every morning.

Yes! A childhood bud of mine started trading Fx around a year ago and he made some cash really quick.

We all know a successful trader ---- it’s the platforms lolololololol

1 Like

Wow,thanks for the write up sir.Am really touched it almost seems as if you were referring to me

I am very new to forex,i am just about to finish with the baby pip education,i have been demo trading a bit but i am not getting it

I would love to meet someone like you who would guide me through this forex journey.I would be glade if any one here can pls​:disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved:

We are in same shoe buddy​:weary::weary:

On point. As lot size increases, so does anxiety.

It’s hard to meet someone successful because they’re all too busy studying the markets. You’ll mostly find newbies hunting for information and spammers fishing for desperate losers to sell systems and programs to.
But people who depend on retail forex trading as the primary income source do exist, otherwise I’m screwed.

I work for a prop firm. All of my colleagues do pretty well for themselves. I trade the firms money and they pay me a cut of earnings and I also trade my own retail account. I think a lot of prop traders do this. At least myself and the others I know. Successful retail traders are out there. They usually have worked in the financial industry at some point in their careers prior.

Not sure if looking in the mirror counts.

I have met a few professional traders, my assumption is that they are successful.

Great advice. Im a new trader just blew my account and its not easy to loose not only the money but just loosing, you start asking a lot of bad questions.
I’m gonna take your patience advise very seriously, I was entering the charts and start looking for the right trade and forcing my self into an entry. Asking myself what I did wrong because all my setup rules are in place and still the market going the other way, always find my self late on the trend or on the other side of the entry.
Thank you for your advise we rookies need a lot of support and I mean someone to share your looses and successes, others opinions really matter ……thank you !

ye, my friends dad makes a living of off just trading eur/usd, makes a nice amount

Nah, they are all on Instagram these days :smiley: lololl

1 Like

Hi! Just curious, how long has he been trading and does he encourage his son to trade as well?