Has anyone had good experience copy trading?

Like the title says wanted to ask your opinion on copy trading and most important want to hear some positive examples so we can all learn something out of that
When did you start, you still doing it, is it worth doing it?
Nowadays you can easily find live channels which are promising to take you out of the misery
Is it really that easy?

the result of copy trading its all about short time trading approach , there is nothing permanent in there ,

I have no experience with copy trading but the whole idea smells wrong to me.

The people who need copy trades are inherently new traders. The reason they need copy trades is because they don’t have a sufficiently profitable strategy; or maybe they don’t yet have a profitable strategy at all.

Either way, the answer is to learn a consistently profitable strategy before you start trading with real money.

1 Like

its a very nice post with so many lines , got so many good information. thanks for reply.

Which misery? The misery of unprofitable trading?

Or the misery of your current life?

I believe trading reflects your life back to you. It will reveal everything about you.

“Oh, you think you’re smart? The smartest in your social circle??”
-Bam- liquidated

If trading genuinely feels miserable, perhaps there are aspects of your life that are hindering your progress.

That being said, I can’t say if copy trading is good or bad. It depends on what you want. I think it’s a waste of time. If you want a short cut to profitable trading, then just invest in a fund. They’ll give you a decent return and you can go about your business.

But if you want to actually trade, copy trading defeats the purpose long term. Short-term? If you use it as a way to learn someone else’s strategy, it seems fine to me.

However, that strategy will match that person’s personality, not yours. So, when you start to apply their strategy on your own, there will be an adjustment period where you make it your own.

1 Like

I don’t think experienced traders do this, but it can be useful for beginners.

Copy trading is very helpful for the new traders.

I see that exactly what I wanted to avoid other people are concentrating on… :slight_smile:

If it happens that you only had good days since youve been trading then youre a really lucky guy and you shouldn’t concentrate on that particular phrase

What I mean is people have had bad days and losing thousands or maybe even more, other people blowing out their entire account… this is what I mean by “misery”
You can still have a nice family, enjoy life, being happy but when you have a bad day and lose a substantial amount of money it can make you feel like you had a miserable day
You dont need to take it or make it feel that personal... its only a way of expression… If you know what I mean
Regarding your opinion about copy trading, you got some points there but I think we all copy something every day and as long as this is working for you and make your life easier I can`t see anything wrong

1 Like

My worry would be your never really learning to trade properly by yourself and are almost just gambling on a tip

it usually doesn’t last, I have tried it a couple of times

Though it may be tempting to just go ahead and copy trade it would still be better to learn trading for yourself. Anyway there are a lot of free resources available online.

Totally agree… I have done the same, but always have been taking out the positives and learning from mistakes

If there would be a service, where apart of copying the trade (just buy, sell, sl/tp) you would have the rationale behind the trade from experienced trader - it could have some educational value. Wonder if there is any data to show what are historical results of these copy traders :slight_smile:

You can survive the market and make initial profits through copy trading but nothing beats the power of trying yourself and learning from your mistakes. The condition is to start small so that you won’t end up wrecking your account in the process of learning. This process needs patience because you are not going to see quick profits.