Has BabyPips turned sterile?

Well I was still doing the school and after the update it’s lost track of my education.

School progress feature was removed but it will be coming back very soon.

So what has happened to the OP of this thread (Bob).

Has he been banned or is there a system fault - apparently he posted 1 day ago, but no sign of such a post?

Bob, are you out there or have they taken away your voice?

Even a whisper will do :slight_smile:

1 Like

Gday bro. Yeah Bob was sent to detention for having a bad attitude. ( We are at school After all). But they’ve let me out. Just have to remember to speak the queens english not australian bogan slang.

And no more telling people to get mummy to change their panties when they sulk.

2 Likes

I knew that bogan slang would get you into trouble Bob :koala:
Whatever you do, don’t ever mention anything about dingos eating anyones baby :grin:

1 Like

All the pip/pimp jokes on the site from the start had me wondering if we were in the pub, but its now clear we’re in the common room. Personally, I’d say so long as no one’s actually insulting or badgering anyone, we’re all good. Bovine waste doesn’t offend me! :smiley: But then, it’s someone else’s house and rules. Man, you’ve posted some good stuff here. Many people have. Right now, this is the first place I go when I need info from the Forex community. Whatever language we all speak, I’d like to keep the trove of knowledge available. As answer to the title of this thread, I really hope this place hasn’t turned sterile. We should all push back on the things that need to change and keep it going.

1 Like

I hadn’t noticed the grey on white graphics until you pointed it out, but you are absolutely correct! Readability is key and a change to black/white or black/very light grey or yellow would make for a good change to the new forum format.

I have to admit that these changes are sort of difficult for me as well to get used to. I hope things will be pruned and improved gradually such that it becomes win 10 in the end and not win 8…

It’s nice to see some old timers around here btw.

@o990l6mh, thanks for the feedback. We’re looking at making some tweaks to improve readability. Stay tuned. :slight_smile:

I can only send private messages after 50 posts?

You need to transition to a Basic User (Trust Level 1). Read more about Trust Levels here.

Hey Bob, I got into trouble for humor, using the term “Unicorn Farts”. Now from what some of my insider sources tell me and by the names on the site, some of the Founders/Admin/Etc folks here are professionals, “traders” BuySide/SellSiders, whats funny about this is, if you ever had a chance to go into the pits, well your “Bogan” slang is kids stuff compared to what could be heard on any day there, not to mention being covered in spit, and the smell of, well you get the idea. They have to know this, and trying to deny the nature of the beast is impossible. Trading is mentally one of the toughest jobs in the world, which explains the high rate of substance abuse, medical issues, etc. If a person can’t handle some criticism, good natured ribbing, or mild “Cussin” as we say in the South, they will never ever ever survive in this career. But it is their site, if it falls flat due to certain restrictions, oh well another will certainly take it’s place, possibly with a more realistic view of who comes to trading sites in the first place.

The Ever Opinionated VIPER

1 Like

@TradeViper, Jeff is that you? :slight_smile:
Oh, man, I lived to see this.

First time I stop in here in ages and the only thing I can think of is the phrase ‘jump the shark’

Ha ha, so you came back on BP the same time with VIPER. Coincidence ?? :slight_smile:

Actually, it is a great conspiracy. I control Talon by telepathy. How anyone can confuse me with anyone else is beyond me. Oh, TD, Mike is the gift that keeps on giving, no shark jumping, just pure boredom break.

The Ever Telepathic VIPER

1 Like

:smiley: wow and the Viper is back too! Cut out the telepathy it’s giving me a headache.
Strange new format. The GUI isn’t as GUI as it used to be.

Ahwww, you sound so cute, get a new forum bud? This is babypips ,for us newbies!

Ah, you’re back again…hopefully not as fragile this time around.

Ha aha, ok bud, I am fragile but I dont know why I like you, I think you are very intelligent, well that is what i reduced!

Sorry for the swearwords, but I had to kill that thread, I used anything that i knew ,ha ha.