Have you ever woken up in a cold sweat, asking yourself "why did I become a trader?"

I had this happen to me last night. Just as I was about to drift into lala-land, I suddenly felt a surge of alarm and woke up asking myself if I’ve made the correct career choice as a trader. I’m still trading microlots so I wouldn’t classify myself as a “professional” for another year at least, but I’ve definitely put everything in my life on hold so I can focus on my self-education. I woke up the next morning, sat behind my computer, looked for possible daily setups and felt my confidence return. I knew I had made the correct decision. I don’t see trading, or learning to trade, as “work”. It’s truly fascinating stuff and if I could spend most of the day just studying, I would.

Has anyone else felt those acute moments of doubt? They can creep up on you from out of nowhere.

The sound of remorse… I guess it’s familiar to all of us (and I’m not even a professional trader)!

Failure never remains so don’t be upset from trading. If you lose today it never means that you lose tomorrow. So never lose hope. You might be successful if you never lose your heart. If you again lose than change the strategy and technique you are following.

There will be many instances when a trader asks himself this question. Don’t worry, it is only natural. You are not alone in this dilemma. Your confident and ability level should always silence these concerns and doubts. So, be mentally prepared. They can arise at any time of a trader’s life.

There are many times that this condition has happened to me. I don’t think that there is a single trader in this world that can deny this predictament. But this is the beauty of forex trading. It tests what a person is made up of. Forex trading is not for the weak ones.