Have you guys seen Joker? Super mixed reviews!

Have you guys watched Joker? :smiley: Haha. I enjoy watching DC and Marvel movies so the story of such an iconic character is something I’m super looking forward to! Haha. :smiley: It has super mixed and extreme reviews though. :open_mouth: BUT I still hope I could watch it this week. Haha.

What about you guys? Have you guys seen it? :open_mouth:

Yeah, I don’t think I’ll be watching it. As an emotional sponge, I’m afraid of absorbing all of its dark energy. :sweat_smile: Keep us posted though when you do see it!

2 Likes

Haha. I’ve finally watched it last night! :smiley: My sister wanted to watch it, and so we did! :smiley: Well hmmmmm. Definitely, Joaquin’s performance was amazing! :open_mouth: I think he was able to give justice and more depth to the Joker. I’ve read somewhere that you’ll go out of the movie theater questioning how people could be so cruel, and never wanting to hurt anything again, and that’s how I felt too! :open_mouth:

1 Like

But ugh. :open_mouth: I’ve also read some issues about how it handled mental illness and violence, and tbh, I think it’s just hard for people to process how raw and authentic the movie was. :open_mouth: Huhu. But that’s just me! I mean, it could be a trigger for some with mental health illnesses, so I don’t think I can say much about that aspect. :confused:

1 Like

Oof. While I don’t have any mental health issues (that I know of lmao), I don’t like the effect of cruel/depressing movies/books/any content on me. Sooooo thanks for the update, looks like this one’s a hard pass for me. :joy:

1 Like

I watched it and I liked it. I think it was kinda sad tho…

All I’ll say is that im a joker fan now and i’ll be rooting for him from now on

1 Like

I haven’t seen it yet but I hope to soon.

Yeah. :confused: Can’t help but sort of root for him after all the things he’s been through. :open_mouth: I guess now it’s just a question of whether all his hardships justifies what he’s doing. :confused:

2 Likes

I’ve been reading a bunch of conspiracy theories about the movie. :sweat_smile: Have you guys seen any theory that seemed super interesting to you? :smiley:

So I heard it is now the highest grossing R-rated movie ever. Impressive achievement.

1 Like

Oh, wow. Really? :smiley: Haha. I didn’t know that. :smiley: Thanks for sharing! Impressive, indeed. :blush:

1 Like