Hedge Grid Trading System

i have been doing demo with this strategy…and with some good results but not confident enough to go live…can somebody who believes in hedging throw some light on this…hedgetrade.pdf (288 KB)…

hedgetrade.pdf (288 KB)hedgetrade.pdf (288 KB)

as an exponent on hedge strategy, i would like to have your comments on the strategy…please see attachment…

[QUOTE=rhodytrader;522733
. They will do fine in ranging markets but have serious - potentially financially fatal - problems when the market is trending. s.[/QUOTE]

hi rhody, please have a look at the post i just made…if every trade is protected by a hedge trade, the potential loss is limited to the difference between a buy and a sell…we close a buy and a sell together taking 100pips profit and 30 pips loss as shown in the attachment, when the market price is far from the closing pairs…true in a ranging market we can close many times with profit, in a trending market we need to wait until market reverses, with limited exposure…please comment

Awesome! Quick question though, how do you determine if a pair is moving sideways? Do you use any indicator for that?

hi fez…no indicators involved…pure price action…no matter how the market moves there is opportunity to close trade with profit…movement of gbpusd/eurusd works well…in trending markets you wait longer until price reverses to close positions with profit…floating loss will be limited if you choose the right method / trades to close a buy and a sell with profit and re-open pending orders and also open new pending orders in the same ratio towards the direction of the movement…you could have an ea or script to open pending orders…but for closing positions and reopen / new orders, manual system is better…i am not a programmer or a coder, so i cant think beyond this method…but the system needs more research as i cant backtest…i am still doing forwardtest on demo …cheers

I’m struggling to understand the strategy described by the spreadsheet. Can you just describe it in written form like “I start by opening both a long and a short with an X pip target and a Y pip stop. I then…”

The “wait until market reverses” bit is the one that will punish you very harshly with this type of strategy if the market shifts into trend mode. These “grid” strategies were quite popular during the middle 2000s when the markets were quite narrowly trade, but got slaughtered starting in 2007.

Thank you, Rhody: I think you are experienced and I should take heed - but, as the rebellious teenager, I feel that I should go and try things out for myself… You have every right to say “I told you so” if/when I come back battered and bruised, Forexically speaking!

I think the system from Dachelm is very good! The risk is limited and you have a system witch fits optimal the market.
I have read the full thread now in June 2014, i hope some people from this thread are here in 2014.
My idea is to open 2 trades in opposite direction and close one leg if the market turns, you can use MACD, Stochastics or others. But i think its not necessary to open two new trades, only wait until the second negative leg comes enough back. Even if the market goes a bit longer in the first direction, but then turns later back. You can make win even when comes only 20% back for example. Maybe the first leg is +100pips, the second leg is -80pips then you have 20 pips win! I think its better to use bigger timeframes H4 or daily then shorter, but needs patience this way, but the risk is smaller then in M15 charts. What you think all traders?

I think this is a ranging hedge grid strategy. If a strong trend will came without a retrace or reversal this strategy will fail for sure.

But lets think about Trending grid strategy that combines with this system so it makes a winning strategy
(While ranging we earn profits but when trending we have no losses but no gain too)

I tested those types of strategies but again it fails sooner or later. maybe run for a huge capital accounts for making very small profits, so now i am thinking its not worth the time. maybe in forex trading too :slight_smile:

Hello
This seems to be very good but i believe that must be automated.
Is there an expert advisor for this?

Thank you

Hi nzpenny,

Just wondering if you are still active on Babypips and still trading the Hedge Grid System? I trade in a similar style and live on the Sunshine Coast QLD. Cheers mate!!

What do you use as Market Entry in the Grid Strategy ?