Hello, and happy trading!

Hello everyone!

I learnt about Forex about two years ago when I was 23. A friend of mine showed me the social media accounts of someone who lives local to us and how he made thousands and thousands of pounds every day. The guy was very pretentious, buying expensive things every day etc. I think he did it to market himself and his lifestyle to help sell his Forex course. But that aside, it showed me what was possible.

At the time, I used demo accounts but did not really educate myself or invest any money because I was about to go travelling around Australia I knew I would not have the time. That being said, when I was demo trading and not knowing what I was doing I actually did pretty well. Whilst travelling I kept revisiting Forex in the form of videos etc, but no actual trading. Now I am settled and know I can set aside time to read, watch, learn and trade I am determined to make this work for me.

I know this it is a long process learning to trade and I am not expecting anything amazing in the first year of this, but I am focused on the long term.

Happy trading people! :slight_smile:

Hello Zcott! Welcome to the forum! Have you gone through the School of Pipsology yet? I think the School of Pipsology is the best way to start our trading journey. It was recommended to me by my friends who also trade. Good luck! :slight_smile:

Welcome to the forex world. As you are new, I want to suggest you something. While you are learning how to trade, try to learn how to be a discipline trader. Being discipline is very important. Make your expectations realistic. There will be time when you may become unrealistic. Use your strategy in demo with proper risk management and risk reward ratio.

Hi Zcott! :smiley: Welcome to Babypips! :blush: I’m also a newbie like you and I’m still trying to get a good grasp of the basics. :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve been reading the school of pipsology here since last year and I’ve been trying to trade on my demo account. :smiley: :smiley: I agree that it really takes time and effort, but like you, I hope that this will be worth it! :slight_smile:

I welcome you on the babypips forum. I would like to say that you need to set the long term goals on the Forex market in order to stay here for a long time. You need to develop the consistency in your winning trades by sheer hard work and effort. Have good time! Thanks!