Hello everybody, new trader here

Hello, my name is Eduardo, I’m 28 years old and I’m from Venezuela. Pretty rough place to be ATM. I studied economics for 4 years at Universidad Metropolitana but dropped out since i hated with my life the only two office jobs i had during that time, and as you can see, my english level is decent.

Anyways, I recently started the course (On preschool ATM) and I read a lesson where i think you could improve a bit the content. I do a lot of backtracking during my reading sessions in order to understand the most that I can out of every single lesson until I find the reasoning behind things. It was a very minor thing and couldn’t find where to post about this but I figured I’d both introduce myself and post/ask about it.

This lesson took me some backtracking for 1 single reason. They said the JPY would only move 2 decimals… It took me a while to think about it since there was no written explanation, my thought process was like “Yen pips are calculated with 2 decimals because Japanese people are cool and original” and kept thinking about it since I didn’t think it was enough reason… further reading the examples I saw that the yen are about a 100th-fold of the strong/most popular currencies (USD, EUR, GBP), which made the yen numbers 2 digits larger (hence, the pip calculated with 2 decimals instead of 4). The fact that the lesson didn’t explain this and had me backtracking more than i should of seems like a good enough reason to edit this part for future readers.

That apart, I’ll be coming here in case i have any doubts. And i still don’t know where to post constructive criticism about lessons in case i stumble upon any more details that could be further improved.

ANYWAYS, enough for my introduction haha, hope you have a great day.

1 Like

Hello and welcome @edmichu! They have a Community Feedback section in case you have issues or feedback about their website. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

1 Like

Welcome to bp - how are things for you guys over there? Hope you are doing well. Glad to have you join us here! Looking forward to reading more posts from you as you advance in your forex ed.

1 Like

Doing pretty bad haha, its frustrating. I literally can’t save a cent by working, instantly spend it all.

Anybody who earns in any currency that isn’t Bolivares can live here decently though

TYVM M8! 10char

Hello Eduardo, welcome to the Babypips forum! Keep going through the Babypips school, study and practice trading and in time you will see yourself improve.

1 Like

Hey eduardo! i am new to the forum as well. good luck for the future. hope to see you around!. :grinning:

1 Like

Welcome Eduardo!

You have stepped into a great community! I have learned a lot here not only through reading the specific insight of other posters but through the input from other traders that have made me think and explore my strategies and the market in general!

KC

1 Like

You’re very much welcome! Enjoy your stay here and see you around! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi goldberry! Welcome to the community! Are you also new to forex trading? :slight_smile:

Welcome to Babypips @edmichu! Good luck on your trading journey and I hope to hear more from you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to Babypips @goldberry! Are you going through the school or trading already? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey baemax023! Thank you.:slight_smile: And no, i am just new to the forum.

Thank you @CoinLady . i am trading already.

1 Like

Oh, how long have you been trading?

I see. Have you been trading live or still on demo? :blush: