Hello everyone, JD here from Orlando, FL. I'm ready to leave the rat race

Hello, my name is JD. I currently reside in Orlando, FL with my wife and 4 daughters. I’ve grown tired of the daily grind of 2 jobs to support my family. I have studied Forex for 2 months and really enjoy studying the markets. However, I am totally new and I am looking forward to learning more. Cheers everyone!

4 Likes

Hi JD. Welcome! Your girls are so cute. :blush:

1 Like

Hello JD, heartiest welcome to the group.
Feel free to post anything.
Whats your progress till now?

1 Like

I have learned most of the terminology, how to read charts and I have practiced on a few demos. I’m focused on solidifying my knowledge base and immersing myself into a community.

1 Like

That’s great… Trading is a learnable skill and it’s a great and welcoming community here

So have you started trading live yet?

1 Like

Do the babypips school first - that gives you some idea what it’s all about - if nothing else.

1 Like

welcome JD. This is my second time around on Forex trading. Last time I exited was 2011. Now I have a very different business objective (that I call the “Get Rich Slow” scheme. In 2011 the Get Rich Quick scheme lasted about nine months and I bailed out with my capital drawn down by 35%. Now I will trade with less and never risk more than 1% of capital on each trade until I can demonstrate an edge.

1 Like

Learning from past lessons…Turning defeats into knowledge :slight_smile:

But its true day trading does not mean trading everyday it means trading on the day when the conditions are right

1 Like

Hello and welcome, JD! Your girls are so adorable! :blush: Good luck on your trading journey and hope to see more of you here!

1 Like

Mixing theory and practicality (Demo account) is the best possible to way to learn forex. Keep it up.

1 Like

Not yet. I have been playing non demo charts. I also play a lot of apps like forexhero and forex tutorials. My main objective in education at the moment.

Thanks for the insight. The get rich slow scheme seems more practical. I’m taking my time with it. I like to task risk but I’m also conservative in my approach to a lot of things. Particularly due to having all these kids lol.

Great…Wouldnt want to rush the education part.

I am actually releasing a free YouTube education series. What is the one thing you want to learn that you feel you have not yet ?

What is the one thing that would accelerate your journey from Demo to Live trader ?

I think the psychological preparation entering the market would be great. I think it’ll help people who emotionally jump into something new off potential.

1 Like

welcome! good luck with learning, wish you the best

I started about a week ago and I am enjoying it too. Your approach is definitely right and good for you to take your time with it. It seems like a rational way forward and I’m of the same apporach

1 Like

Welcome to babypips @dpuma. Good luck on your trading journey. :blush: