Hello everyone, ncie to meet you all in here. I am a new member of this community

My name is Abhay. I am from India.
I have worked as a Quality Analyst for medical transcription US Hospitals and UK Hospitals for 14 years. I have done MBA and also a Black Belt in Six Sigma. Six months back in the evening, I was relaxing and watching some videos on YouTube and saw a graph. When I watched the video, it was about Forex trading. As I have worked in quality domain and also know how to read graphs, I was curious what is it about and this is how I entered in Forex market. I then tried lots and lots of strategies on demo account but none was giving any result because I was missing out the entry and exit points. I found this website and it really helped me to understand lot many things. I am really happy to be a part of this community. And for the website owners to give out such valuable information and teach traders to understand and learn trading, I am very thankful for them.

2 Likes

Hi Abhay. Welcome. You are about to embark on an amazing journey. Wishing you great success.

Thank you QuadPip for your good wishes.

Hi Abhay! Thank you for sharing your background. Hope to see more of your trading experiences here. Good luck!

Hi Chimmy, you are welcome.

Some of the trading experiences that immediately came to my mind are:

1. A currency for eg JPY if it is paired like USD-JPY or CAD-JPY or GBP-JPY, during a non-volatile (non-active) market, all the pairs move up and down mostly in the same rhythm.
  2. I was taking weekly readings for any given strategy, but at the end of the week, none gave me any result. I was always in loss. I was looking on for answers and
    found out Babypips. When I learned divergence, I immediately understood this is what I need. The reason I immediately understood it will work is because technically there is a gap between the actual price and the indicator. In the same chapter, entry and exit points are also explained, which helped me a lot.
  3. At a micro level, I have seen that the market rhythm is different everyday. For eg if I expect at entry point that the currency pair will go up in another 5,10, 15 mins or an hour as per previous recordings, it does not happen that way. The rise/divergence happens 90% of the times, but the time gets delayed. In 2-3% cases, the divergence happens too quick but that is not so noteworthy because the ratio is only 2-3%. Same goes with candlestick patterns. If the candlestick pattern is small on the graph, relatively it will take more time for divergence. If the candlesticks are bigger than average on the graph, the divergence happens that fast as the market is moving fast and active.
  4. In some cases when the candlestick pattern is small, I observed before the divergence happens, it takes a halt (goes sideways) and then the divergence happens.

These readings are for time bound trades like binary and digital, so I had to record time and the pattern how it occurs during the actual divergence. Hope that will be of help to all who read this :slight_smile:

1 Like

That was quick! Thanks for sharing!