Hello my name is Myia

People have responded to you because of your enthusiasm.Unlike many new posts on here ,don’t beat yourself up .Keep trying and show you willing to learn and people on here will give you feedback

3 Likes

@greenscorpio suggested you check out Trading In The Zone. That’s not generic. That’s something that can change your trader psychology.

You seem upset that you’re not getting specific answers. What @steve369 told you is very good advice. I think you perhaps don’t see where it’s applicable yet.

If you are still trading one year from now, it’ll all make sense. Just understand that trading is a solitary endeavor. You’ll get advice and suggestions here, but you’re on your own. You won’t progress unless you fix yourself. We all have certain habits that hinder our growth as traders. Becoming a consistently profitable trader is a process of peeling detrimental layers from yourself. It’s a nasty process.

But you are the one who has to put in the work. If you’re looking for a mentor, you’ll likely get scammed. There are people who are willing to help, but understand that there are new people joining everyday. Most of them aren’t active on this forum past a few months. That suggests that they quit.

As time goes on, and you’re still contributing on this forum, perhaps people will be willing to spend more time on your thread and give more specific suggestions.

Best of luck to you.

4 Likes

Thanks you.

1 Like

And I will definitely go to the website that was suggested.

1 Like

I’m not kidding. That book really turned things around for me.

The funny thing is that most people get some wins in the beginning, and we think we got this in the bag. And then it all goes downhill and you don’t know why.

And that’s when the real work starts.

My suggestion is create a journal thread. Post anything and everything you want.

Anyway, study hard!

2 Likes

Thanks you friend. I really wanna learn and do better at trading. And I really appreciate the replies and feedback. I really do. And today was a bad day for me with trading and trying to learn from my mistakes.

3 Likes

Awesome definitely will and today I felt that. Like dang but I’m gonna stay on demo mode for a min. And I will look up the book now. :heartpulse::heartpulse:

1 Like

Yeah, hi @myialashaun . I read your recent posts and was thinking whether I would reply, but in the end decided not to.

Then I read what @dushimes has just written and I couldn’t have put it better myself.

We can’t teach you to trade - that’s what Babypips, books and all the Generic stuff is about e.g 2%, stop-loss, etc etc. Once you’ve learnt the basics you may find it useful to bounce ideas off people and expostulate theories and support/challenge other posters.

Just to give you an idea -
I didn’t find these forums at all useful till I’d really found my feet as a trader cos it’s such an individual journey and there is no accepted wisdom on how to trade successfully - there IS only the generic stuff. The rest of it, you’re on your own in the desert and you’ve gotta make it out by yourself without dying of thirst or getting bitten by a snake - 90% chance you won’t make it!!

But 10% chance you will. Good luck. The best bit of advice I can give you is to think outside the box, don’t believe what you’re told and look for patterns in everything.

3 Likes

And that’s gonna happen. Each mistake has to be a stepping stone. It can’t go to waste. That’s my suggestion. I’m in the same boat as you. A lot of us here are. We’re trying to help each other.

One thing I learned from Mark Douglas’s book: the market doesn’t care if you had a bad day. The market doesn’t care about anything. It does what it does, and it will expose all your weaknesses and any lack of discipline.

You can’t attach emotions to your trading. Winning and losing should feel the same way (or as similar as possible, in my opinion).

1 Like

Thanks. You really giving me some words of wisdom. I’m taking a break today. Lol. Just reading and learning for today.

I never said I wanted someone to help me trade. I just wanted to connect and talk to other traders. Just talked to people that’s it. Advice feedback. Is a plus for me.

Actually, you just did! haha

This is what I wanted to say!! Well said!

I like to think of it as a samurai crossing the desert. Of course Japan doesn’t have deserts, but it’s a metaphor for the determination of a samurai trekking his way thru a desolate environment. If you are determined enough, you’ll make it across. If not, you’ll fall victim to a sarlacc.

2 Likes

Sounds painfull!!

1 Like

I never said I wanted someone to help me learn how to trade all I wanna do is talk to connect with other traders. An example of what I mean is if you To say I’m learning how to roll skate and want to meet fellow skaters and you’re excited about something. then I said well you’re gonna fall. Yeah of course you’re going to Fall.

a better way of answer that question you make sure you have all your safety equipment because you’re gonna fall and this how to fall safely and get back up .

I just don’t want people give blanket criticism without giving proper Call chips or an actual example of what you’re talking about. Or feedback on said criticism blanket criticism. person that just wanna say something and really don’t want to give you actual feedback they just wanna calm you down from being excited

But I appreciate everyone.

1 Like

Bless! It’s good you’re excited! You don’t need to calm down😃

2 Likes

Yes you had some great feedback already ,I mentioned , trading in the zone (audio on YouTube) the guy was a good communicator,(rip)he makes it sound like trading is for everyone if the.mindset right.He explain better than most on here what required .

Blockquote

Blockquote

2 Likes

Thank you blue. I really do thank you for just love and advice. :kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

Thanks you. Imma listen right now. Cuzzzzz yo girl trying to win. Lol

2 Likes

Lol I meant save your excitement when your spending your profits

2 Likes

Go girl!!!:heart::heart::heart::heart::dollar::dollar::dollar:

2 Likes