Hello Pips! No pun intended

I’m Rex.

I thought I knew what I was doing after studying Trading for about 7 Months. Realised I have a loooong ways to go. Especially after reading some of your comprehensive replies to Trading Issues. Looking forward to getting to know you guys and girls.

Until then.
All the best.

How were you studying? What were or are you using?

Welcome to BP forum. Like the user above said, I would like to know what have you been studying.

How was I studying?

The usual, immersing myself into candle reversals and patterns. First learnt from bullishbears website as they had a study structure to follow. I tried to use moving averages and trendline signals. At the time could not apply them successfully. I tried to discover patterns of my own and test them. After making numerous practice trades including 47 live trades and only making 4 dollars; banging my head on the same wall expecting better results I realised something must be wrong.

The plan initially was to trade equity. However I was discouraged after most of the brokers I tried penalised me for pattern trading or day trading. I needed to have a larger account to be allowed to do this.

Stumbled onto Forex market and have not looked back. The broker I am with give me more freedom to trade the way I want.

What was I using?

I am currently using MT4 to execute my forex trades, and TradeView for charting and back testing.

Only just started using Forums like this and I have already seen where I am may be going wrong.

Up to this point, I have being relying on chart structure alone. Without any other indicators and confirmations. I think this may be where I was going wrong.

Welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, you’re really right. There are so many ways to learn how to trade. And you’re in the right place, you’ll love the atmosphere here. If you have a problem with something, you let us all know) Good luck with your further training, you’ll do great :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thanking you Maverdana :grin:

Welcome Rex! Trading for sure is a long learning-filled journey.

1 Like