Help a Noob make the right decision!

By the way anyone used chris Capres Paid course?

Hi mate. Let me address your post, Point by Pointā€¦ ok

LET ME SHOW YOU THE RIGHT DECISION

if you discovered FX around 2 Months ago
You have 1 jobā€¦ LEARNā€¦ Thatā€™s it.
nowā€¦ the post could end here, but let me clarify a few other things

courses that sound dicky, like this one, when they make an attempt to use a cool name Usually are useless .
Warrior Tradingā€¦ huh LOL

in the future
things like Warrior Trading
Alien Technology
Unlimited Earning Potentional
SHOULD JUST BE AVOIDED ALLTOGETHER

you see, the Psychology behind this is
if a person is stupid enough to believe it,
they are stupid enough to get scammed
hence why they pick these keywords

Your decision when you come across these things should beā€¦ AVOID THEM.[quote=ā€œkyzerbun, post:1, topic:122936ā€]
I was drawn in by all these youtube videos with people talking about turning $ 50 to 30 k in two months . I recently got back paid about 14k and having had around that amount in the past realized how quickly one could blow throw a few thousands dollars on nonsense, so this time around i would like to use this unexpected money to begin my forex trading journey .
[/quote]

You have been sucked in mate
MY ADVICEā€¦ PUT THAT MONEY ASIDE FOR NOW, UNLESS YOU WANT TO LOSE ITā€¦ SERIOUSLY [DO NOT IGNORE THIS WARNING] OK

You donā€™t go from being a 2 month Newbie to making $30k a Month
if that is not common sense to you, then you need to keep learning

TO BEGIN YOUR FOREX JOURNEYā€¦
YOU DO NOT NEED MONEY

Open a Demo
Register with Baby Pips
and Start learning

againā€¦ THE NAMESā€¦

Letā€™s compare them
The WINNERS EDGE vs Baby Pips Free Educational Resource

which one sounds more wanky
i would say the Winners Edge hehe
ENOUGH SAID ON THAT

now. side note
You might say ā€œhang on martin, you canā€™t just tell if a course is shit based on itsā€™ nameā€

and i would respond
"Actually. TO A LARGE DEGREE, YOU CAN. at least in forex,"

you see, the reason behind it is
when someone says
THE WINNERS EDGE
WARRIOR TRADING
UNLIMITED EARNING POTENTIAL

what it does isā€¦ IT INSPIRES CONFIDENCE AND POSITIVITY IN YOU

itā€™s emotional manipuluation
they are giving you words that YOU WILL ASSOCIATE POSITIVE FEELINGS WITH , AND WITH RESPECT TO THEIR PRODUCT

because
You want to be a WARRIOR
you want to be A WINNER
you want to have UNLIMITED THINGS

thatā€™s why phone companise have UNLIMITED DATA DOWNLOAD.
UNLIMITED TALK TIME
UNLIMITED PLANS

this is basic marketing and baiting by using word association

itā€™s like NIKEā€¦ JUST DO IT
orā€¦ THE BURGERS ARE BETTER AT HUNGRY JACKS

what has baby pips pitched ?
Free Resourcesā€¦ hehe wow

AS FOR FINDING A MENTOR
okā€¦ letā€™s go down this road

I am an experienced trader
i can offer you a course and iā€™ll charge you $15,000 for the course,
the course will take 3 years to complete after which you will know how to trade successfully

on top of the course amount, i will require you to do the following

1. Start your own live account with $3,000 min
  2. You must follow every instruction i give you
  3. You must not trade live until i tell you are ready

the $15,000 will have to be paid upfront

are there any guaranteesā€¦
wellā€¦ yes and no

itā€™s actually more of a YES
but, LEGALLY itā€™s a no, because a person would be crazy to say there are guaranteeā€™s when they do not know the students psychology and determination

soā€¦ Mentoring Course 3 Years, $15,000

WILL YOU ACCEPT ?

The Answer is NO, right ?

and you know what
(and i am saying this as honestly as i can tell, as if i was your friend, ok)

I wouldnā€™t start the course with you
because

a) Letā€™s say you actually came up with the money.
well, Youā€™d be pestering me all the time heheā€¦ thatā€™s a fact

b) youā€™d get itchyā€¦ when can i start live, when can i start live

and look at the math behind it, from my point of view
$15,000 to focus on your for 3 yearsā€¦ HELL NO

soā€¦ the truth of it, My friend is this

here is what i have learned after 7 years of trading and having lost around $20,000 to learn and having made all the money back and having become financially free

1. You are probably not going to find a mentor that will teach you correctly.
    if you find one, be very suspicious

i mean, think about this
(my offer was hypothetical, but it is what i probably would charge) and to be honest itā€™s pretty reasonable , because you could easily make that money back

now. Greg Secker ( i know from personal experience) Charges $5,500 ā€¦ GET THIS
FOR 2 WEEKS WORTH OF MENTORING, thenā€¦ You are literally on your own
you must use his software platform which will cost you around $300 per month
if you fail to pay it, you are out of the program

and if that wasnā€™t enough, you need to get a min $5,000 trading account to do the course

so my course is $15,000 and gregā€™s is $5,500

but the difference is this
Greg will screw you out of your $5,500
i will actually ensure that a person makes their money back and then some.
(now, again, TO BE CLEAR, I AM NOT OFFERING A MENTORSHIP HERE, iā€™m just converying and idea to you)

Truth be told, its not worth it for me to mentor you.

but Youā€™re a newbie, and you need to make decisions, so iā€™m trying to open your eyes a bit

You wonā€™t find a mentor, so donā€™t bother looking
if you want to do something, TALK TO A FINANCIAL ADVISOR
ask them how much it costs to teach you bit by bit

THEN, YOU WILL UNDERSTAND WHY YOU WONā€™T FIND A PROPER MENTOR

a Financial planner will charge you around $5,000 to make a financial plan for you in a few hours
he may charge you around $400 per hour if you want to learn investing
itā€™s cheaper to do a course hehe

Mate, HERE IS SOME FREE ADVICE

Step 1. go through all the stuff in baby pips schoolā€¦ ok

Step 2. go to Newbie island and listen to the newbieā€™s giving their opinion (As if they are experts)
Learn from this and take it as a sign of WHAT NOT TO DO
itā€™s funny how quickly newbies seem to become experts hehe

Step 3. Pick a broker and open a Demo Account

Step 4. Pick 1 instrument and get to know it

Step 5. NEVER EVER MOVE TO LIVE TRADING UNLESS ALL THESE THINGS HAPPEN

• You must be able to show a profit

• You must have traded for a min of 6 months

• your trades must be approx the same size, either in terms of % or $
    you canā€™t trade small, small, then one big one, then small
    Scalping doesnt count, YOU MUST SHOW CONSISTANT TRADING HISTORY

• You must be able to open your Detailed Report and see a GRADUAL UPWARD CURVE OF PROFIT, NOT SPIKES (this is the decider as to whether you did it correctly or not)

• soā€¦ basically you must show consistant profit for a consistant period of trading consistantly for a min of 6 months

IF YOU CAN DO THAT GENUINELY ,
You are ready to try live trading

if you canā€™t
Keep practicing until you can

if you mess with this rule, you will lose your money.
iā€™ve seen it happen a lot

also, forget about trading robots
Forget about Trusting other people

Learn it for yourself

nowā€¦ if you couldnā€™t be bothered investing a few years of training into this
thenā€¦ MATEā€¦ HONESTLYā€¦ TRADING IS NOT FOR YOU

in which case you may as well talk to someone about a managed fund or a term deposit

does that help at all

Stop looking for the magic pillā€¦ ok
Learn how to create a system that keeps you safe and allows you trade profitably
simple as that

I know him but didnā€™t get admission , because his demand is too high, right now may be almost $1000.

Thank you for your information. By the way , you know about his education ? some Forex articles he published about money management is really different than others. Thatā€™s why I am thinking. But charge too much.

Hi Kyzerbun,

The BabyPips course (FREE) is what I used for a general education and I still revisit lessons. The book I refer to often is Technical Analysis for the Financial Markets by Murphy to reacquaint myself with chart patterns and indicators.

I chose Oanda as my broker because of their demo accounts and ability to use units instead of lots to control my smaller position sizes. Others have good reputations as well.

I use MyFXBook.com (FREE) to look at my trading stats.

What I have learned is that it takes a few months to learn the information and various approaches and a few years to get on top of fear and greed. Now, trading is a pleasantly boring experience for me.

For a daily reminder to keep my trading plan resolutions on track, I read an entry from The Daily Trading Coach by Brett Steenbarger.

I will admit that I latched on to various trading podcasts, forums, books, and blogs in the beginning, but the constant chaos of contradictory information was demoralizing. I quit a few times but got better results each time I came back to trading.

To help make trading sustainable and profitable for you, your approach has to work with your temperament and lifestyle/family circumstances as well as showing positive mathematical expectancy. This is why purchasing a trading system is not going to be helpful just because it works for the algorithm creator with proven stats.

Use the BabyPips lessons to make your own trading plan. Design several experiments.

Experiment with a demo or small amount and try out different time frames, currency pairs, approaches, indicators, and risk management strategies . . . It will be natural to want to see lots of action in the beginning as youā€™re learning and experimenting. This will lead to overtrading if you are still in it for the thrills after your initial ā€œplaying-in-the sandbox phase.ā€

One way to help manage emotions is to set your stats account to show progress in PIPS instead of money. If you can make and keep pips with a small account, then your plan works. As the account grows, some people falter and become greedy or fearful if they watch the money instead of the PIPS.

Also, If youā€™re worried about a trade at 2AM, your position size is too much. Ratchet it down until you are comfortable.

At some point later on, look into how the pros handle stop losses and take profits versus the amateurs.

Good luck to you!

Wow your awesome bruv, thanks for taking the time to write all that and put things in to perspective, and thanks for the 15k Edu offer but Iā€™ll stick with baby pips and what already paid for lol. The money is safe it was was an unexpected lump some 14 k + that I do not necessarily need to live my current life style. I know how fast 14 k could be spent on nonsense thatā€™s why Iā€™m trying to use it to invest and nothing else. On a side note damn I wish I bought two bitcoin back in October like my cousin told me too!!!

Iā€™ll touch on warrior trading though. Warrior trading is a day trading course for stocks, run by Ross Cameron something about him seems genuine, he does have probably the largest day trading chat room 3000+, he posts many videos wins and losses, and gives you some realistic goals of Only trying to make $50 a day consistently for a few months before trying to repeat that with a $100 a day goal , and so on and so in etcā€¦

On the other hand my cousins good friend has been mentored by Timothy Sykes, who came across like a late night infomercial for the latest gadget in town, and heā€™s been quite profitable day trading stocks.

Your Awesome too Sadler thanks for the advice.

Baby pips is most def the best thing Iā€™ve come across in this journey. I appreciate and am thankful to all of you guys.

1 Like

Youā€™re Welcome Mate.

It Wasnā€™t an offer, and also i understand hehe

as for starting with $14k.
once you learn to trade properly you can indeed SAFELY make $50 - $100 a day on average.
but you need to learn to do it properly
but itā€™s good that your start amount is $14k

be cool mate

Maximum beginners finish pips school and move instantly demo or micro account. I think they should go through preschool level minimum for 2-3 times. It could support them greatly with more confident.

No need to spend lots of time in just school level , after finishing this they should try on others to know something more. And besides learning session of course practice trading must be needed.

Wara, I am not ignoring practice session, of course it must be. But first of all we beginners have to acquire live experience by subjective knowledge as like Preschool. Otherwise practice in demo could not bring real trading experience.

Subjective knowledge is important but no need to pass long time in here. There is no one who can ride bicycle by rules of reading book , for that one should be practice practically. Thatā€™s why I always emphasis on practice trading for beginner traders than subjective knowledge.

Hey Kyzerbun just look up a fellow named George Smith on you tube and look at his videos (scalping Mostly). He is an excellent mentor and very inexpensive.

I have used some paid course by Forex Mentor but after sometimes I felt that message I have learned from him was available before in Google and You Tube. Just Alas!

I donā€™t think so. Of course lots of information about trading is available in Google and others but all are basic level that can support beginners. If you join at any paid course must you will get something more. I admit

Hey Kyzerbun, Iā€™ll repeat most of the good advice here, start Babypips free education and trade a DEMO account first. Save your money. Spend a little on your kid/s to take them on a holiday instead. You are doing forex for more cash and time to spend with family. Adding to that Iā€™d put some of my own recommendations:

So look for an end of day or daily trading system. For example, open your system say at 10pm and see if your system gives any trade signals on the daily charts, spend say half an hour to an hour. If that is all the time you have then use it. Forex is totally flexible to work around you. Use that characteristic to build it around your lifestyle. Also trading higher time frames is just easier and you learn a lot more slowly and concretely. (I know someone who only trades at 12 midnight in a certain country and basically he surfs all dayā€¦ and heā€™s loaded, thatā€™s right, he barely works 30 minutes a dayā€¦ and I got some excellent pointers though he never gave away his secrets)

So set goals. For example, letā€™s say you are currently 33, that could give you 7 years to reach a point where you are making at least 25% of your current salary CONSISTENTLY year in and year out (plenty of time, probably reach that before). Now at least you can take a slightly less paid easier job, plus you should have more time, since you are only doing 30 minutes of trading a day for that 25% (Read The Way of the Turtle by Curtis M Faith to see how little some people work in this game to make huge money - sometimes less is more) Now your work strain is easing at 40. another 7 years of this and you will be a master of trading and will reach your trading goal before 50 and could be considered retired (if you only work 1 hour a day). But only if you DONā€™T BLOW YOUR CAPITAL!

Another recommendation is the free and excellent education run by many forex trading brokers. I use the free online courses by XM and ForexTime. Forextime also has a good demo account registration system, multiple demo accounts to try different systems and their webinars are recorded so you can see past courses. XM provides access to its webinars without the need to register. Other brokers are likely to have their own free courses, they want their traders to be profitable as a profitable trader repeats trades and thus they make more commission. If people blow their capital and donā€™t come back they donā€™t make continuous profits. It costs them lots to bring in new clients, they want to retain them for the long term.

Another recommendation is to use small gearing, even 25:1 is great for new traders, it prevents damage to capital base when learning. Read the Risk Management course in baby pips, although it is course 10 of 11, personally Iā€™d put it near the beginning somewhere as it is very important. When I did one of the free webinars covering risk management is when my demo trading went from loss to profit. Actually, Scrap that ideaā€¦ open a DEMO account with 500:1 and trade like crazy, then see how important risk management is!

Finally Iā€™ll recommend reading trading books, Iā€™ve recommended one already. Another one often recommended is ā€˜trading in the zoneā€™ by Mark Douglas.

Well, good luck fellaā€™! And just to summarise, learn for free, practise with monopoly money on Demo accounts for 6 months to a year at least. Spend time with your family, make forex fit around you and your lifestyle, and protect your capital / savings.

1 Like

FPA is such a big thing when it comes to company review. If they say that the broker is good, itā€™s good and vice versa. But why is that so? I donā€™t agree with that! My opinion is often different from the FPA one. Another thing, when I wanted to write a review on one of the brokers, they didnā€™t let me. Why? Because I think differently and they donā€™t like it and canā€™t get anything out of it?

I would reccommend taking a look at BPā€™s education site first
Also, focusing in a system that you get taught probably isnā€™t the best way to go, once you have learned, adapt it to your hearts content, untill you get something that works for you

Sometimes it is quite difficult to believe all reviews in FPA but of course this is the best review site than others. Thatā€™s why the traders we have always looking for a FPA in particularly when it is time to choose a broker.

Only FPA cannot bring the result which broker is good or not. For ensuring broker performance we the traders have to trade practically minimum with a micro account. Otherwise by seeing others review positive or negative its quite difficult to ensure good one.