Help!Help!Help!Help!Help! Plese i need help

I’m new to trading and i and i opened a $5000 micro demo account just to learn the ropes,but i don,t know what leverage to use.

Hi, I think, in the beginning, you should create a profitable trading technique. The size of your financial leverage is now your smallest problem :grinning: .Regards Greg

1 Like

Start here with your forex education. use the least leverage you can get for now.

1 Like

1:1 leverage if they offer it. If they don’t, check out the position size calculator here on the website (under Tools I think) to adjust your position size/SL/% risk of available acct balance and reduce the overall amount you’re risking (while keeping the leverage at the lowest possible level).

This is just the beginning. Get ready to ask a lot of questions.

1 Like

If you are planning on starting with 5000$ I would go as low leverage as possible. Personally I stared with much less and took higher leverage on my demo

demo is the time to try out risky things. try the maximum the broker offers, do you knwo what it is ? also you need to take into consideration the size of the trade, in relation to the leverage. for example i use 0.10 for FX and use leverage of either 1:200 or the maximum my broker offers which is 1:500. depends on all sorts,trade siize, capital, volaitlity of asset etc. maybe do some research buddy

1 Like

Well; I think it’s time to focus on BabyPips School to you. You’ll get there proper instructions including your issue!

2 Likes

I see, you already have your answer, just one request don’t use aggressive trading leverage in your live trading.

1 Like

for new forex trader demo is really good but with a small amount. this kind of large amount always make beginners greedy and emotional.

1 Like

amount sometimes causes great trouble when trading , large amount generally make them greedy , its true but with small balance no way to trade. its all about psychology.

1 Like

You can take any leverage you want but never open lot size larger than 0.01 until you learn how to trade profitable.

Leverage just allows you to open larger lot size which you should not do.

If you use lower leverage you will limit yourself on some lot size. You could limit yourself to 0.1 lot size as a maximum if you use leverage 1:10.

1 Like

Lol! Thank you.

I’m looking to start less but that was the least i could find.

How to i get a small account?

If you mean micro account where you can open 0.01 lot, then you have lota of brokers who can offer you that.

If you do now want to open account with broker but only demo without broker then you can use Metaquote server and try demo trading.

Here are insteuctions:
Open demo account

1.Don’t panic.
2.Go through the School of Pipsology here on Babypips, you will learn the basics there.

Who did you pick as your demo account broker?

Start a demo not a small tiny account

yes i agree, use leverage carefully until you fully grasp how it works(maybe go back to demo for a bit)

Hopefully @Durachi didn’t blow his/her account. Hasn’t been back since January.

I do agree with @ZacKing. Open up that demo account, place 1-3 trades simultaneously, with leverage, just so see what happens to margin, and profits and losses, and your balance after you close your trades. It’s a spectacular learning experience seeing your margin used go up with just a handful of trades but using 10:1 leverage.