Help...i'm A Supernewb!

Alright, I’m trying to get the hang of this. So I made some trades in my demo account and I woke up this morning to see that I was +600 bucks. Needless to say I was pumped…until I realized that I don’t know how to get out of my positions.

This evening my +600 is now a -1500. Two questions…how do you get out of your positions (I’m on Dealbook360), and what is the difference between unrealized p/l and floating p/l?

Thanks.

Start here.

http://www.babypips.com/school/

Then learn more about the platform you are trading.

:slight_smile:

Before I was a supernewb, I was a newb. Before that I was a babynewb.:wink:

:slight_smile:

I’ve been through it once (and will go through it again, and again, and again, and…) but don’t recall reading the part on floating and unrealized p/l. If it’s in there your link would have been more helpful had it taken me to that page.

Oh, I see. You should be able to find that in the brokers platform user guides.

I misunderstood the question. I thought you wanted to know when or how to exit the trade.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Babynewb, that’s funny.

:stuck_out_tongue:

When I said Supernewb, I meant as n00b as one can be. He read it as me being a top level newb.

With his analogy I’m a spermnoob.

Wow, what a turnaround. How long did it take for that big of a turnaround. Make sure you read up on Stop Losses because you could’ve prevented such a big loss. Of course it was demo but you gotta pretend it’s real otherwise you’ll never learn :slight_smile:

Topgun

Now that’s the top.:slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :wink:

It took 12 hours. Some of my choices were just to figure out how the platform works. Being in stocks all this time I get confused with the whole bid/ask thing. I don’t short in stocks.

hi
I just started using Dealbook360 too
easiest way to get out of a position when you are confused and want to get out quickly: click on on “open positions” (top banner), right click the one you want to close and click on “close @ Mkt” - done

Thanks.

I called them last night and they helped me.